Shane Warne attacks as Saints continue to defend

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mohannair
Club Player

Shane Warne attacks as Saints continue to defend

Even our own Warne is getting frustrated

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/w ... 6069482649

:cry:

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He better be prepared for plugger66.....and will find out, that you cannot critisise..... :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He better be prepared for plugger66.....and will find out, that you cannot critisise..... :roll:
At least he tweets win, lose or draw.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I dont tweet....

And by the way......how dare he....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I dont tweet....

And by the way......how dare he....
Amazing how you have time to post when we lose but when we win you are busy. Amazing coincidence.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Is it that amazing....

You do realise i did post....albeit briefly, last week....when i had time...

Is it madatory to post here, i was unaware of an obligation.....should i for go some of my actual resposibilities to satisfy you

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Is it that amazing....

You do realise i did post....albeit briefly, last week....when i had time...

Is it madatory to post here, i was unaware of an obligation.....should i for go some of my actual resposibilities to satisfy you
You just dont get. I couldnt care whether you post or not but you seem to have so much time when we lose and then come up with amazing things like Johnson, Geary, Lynch and Archer would have made us much better this week. 2 are injured and 2 arent much good. Then you say things like certain guys are out of position. Well they didnt seem to be last game. It is all hindsight stuff.

Lets face it you have a lot more time to post when we lose.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

"Any danger of throwing Gilbert/Goddard/Fisher forward????? Poor Riewoldt has three opponents every time - kick it to someone else - but who?"

"Can't defend against the best - have to attack and kick goals - please try and score and stop defending - going to try and find my footy boots."

"Dear Ross Lyon - everyone knows Saints just defend - every team runs off us. Quickly new gameplan please. Didn't win a flag defending - attack."

Quoted for truth

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Shane Warne attacks as Saints continue to defend

mohannair wrote:Even our own Warne is getting frustrated

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/w ... 6069482649

:cry:
And Liz is probably getting frustrated at Warnie watching his beloved instead of doing the biz :wink:

goodie
Club Player

Unfollowed, the few good points he made were drowned out by the shite

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Why do people think that Warnie is some sort of football expert?

I am sure that many posters here would have had the ability to match Warne's football experience (last quarter of a game in the ressies) given the opportunity.

I'm sticking with Ross.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
saint tash
Club Player

It's Warne. He has a right to his views whether we agree or disagree. Being a champion cricketer doesn't make him more or less of an expert.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
"Any danger of throwing Gilbert/Goddard/Fisher forward????? Poor Riewoldt has three opponents every time - kick it to someone else - but who?"

"Can't defend against the best - have to attack and kick goals - please try and score and stop defending - going to try and find my footy boots."

"Dear Ross Lyon - everyone knows Saints just defend - every team runs off us. Quickly new gameplan please. Didn't win a flag defending - attack."

Quoted for truth
IF Warney cant see that we are trying to tweak the gameplan then he knws less about footy than I thought

He also goes onto say that he wants RL out and a new coach in 2012

Thank God he isnt our No 1 ticket holder..hes behaving like a reactionary nuffie fan.

havent seen Eric Bana screaming for the coach to be sacked

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

saint tash wrote:It's Warne. He has a right to his views whether we agree or disagree. Being a champion cricketer doesn't make him more or less of an expert.
He does know about winning, though. He's a "winner". He has the "killer instinct" (in spades) that our footy team sadly lacks.
Many on here bag the likes of him and Dermott, when they come out and say stuff about our club, but they at least know all about what it takes to achieve the ultimate in their professions, whether it be footy, cricket, or whatever, no matter what we think of them personally.
Winning is winning.
Unless you're more successful than them, it would surely pay you to listen to what they have to say, if you want to be successful, that is. Doesn't mean you have to be like them in every way, or course, but they would have plenty to teach those wise enough to realise they know a thing or two about achieving the ultimate in their chosen field.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Sun 05 Jun 2011 4:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

Quoted for truth
IF Warney cant see that we are trying to tweak the gameplan then he knws less about footy than I thought

He also goes onto say that he wants RL out and a new coach in 2012

Thank God he isnt our No 1 ticket holder..hes behaving like a reactionary nuffie fan.

havent seen Eric Bana screaming for the coach to be sacked
I didn't quote the part about him wanting Ross Lyon out because I don't agree with it.

But I agree with him wholeheartedly that we need another key forward to help out Riewoldt and must find ways to kick more goals to contend any time soon.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
saint tash wrote:It's Warne. He has a right to his views whether we agree or disagree. Being a champion cricketer doesn't make him more or less of an expert.
He does know about winning, though. He's a "winner". He has the "killer instinct" (in spades) that our footy team sadly lacks.
Many on here bag the likes of him and Dermott, when they come out and say stuff about our club, but they at least know all about what it takes to achieve the ultimate in their professions, whether it be footy, cricket, or whatever, no matter what we think of them personally.
Winning is winning.
Unless you're more successful than them, it would surely pay you to listen to what they have to say, if you want to be successful, that is. Doesn't mean you have to be like them in every way, or course, but they would have plenty to teach those wise enough to realise they know a thing or two about achieving the ultimate in their chosen field.
Ahh so that makes him an expert at matchday tactics then?

Shane Warne is the best legspin bowler the world has ever seen. Probably the best bowler this country has ever produced. I loved watching him bowl more than I can say. If not for the fact that he acted like boor off the field he'd have rightly captained Australia. I have enormous respect for his cricketing brain

However....on pretty much every topic apart from cricket Warney acts like a flog. He has zero life skills and is sadly the Cashed Up Bogan revered by certain parts of our community. For him to be calling for the head of Ross Lyon just proves that beyond doubt IMO

Stick to cricket Warney

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:
I didn't say that and I'm pretty sure you know it, but winning takes a certain attitude and that's what he's talking about (ie attack versus defense, in this case). I dare say many who have achieved much more in AFL coaching than Ross Lyon would also agree with what Warne said about getting Nick some assistance up forward. I'm sure Shane is far from Robinson Caruso with that view.
You also seem to forget that as well as what he's done with his bowling, Warne also coached Rajasthan Royals to victory in the inaugural India Premier Leugue (IPL) tournament. A tournament worth millions of dollars and played under enormous pressure, in front of an audience of however many tens of millions.
At the start of that tournament his team were rated about the least likely to win it, with arguably the worst list, yet he reportedly did a brilliant job of coaching and leading them to a highly unlikely win.
As I said, he knows what he's talking about and while he may talk some s***, that doesn't mean there aren't some serious diamonds in amongst it.
Ignore them at your peril, unless, as I said, you're more successful in your chosen field than he is in his.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

And just what sort of a footy career did Warnie actually have (to consider himself qualified to diss our coach?) :roll: Warnie you really should stick to texting/bowling/whatever :roll: :roll: :roll:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
saint66au wrote:
I didn't say that and I'm pretty sure you know it, but winning takes a certain attitude and that's what he's talking about (ie attack versus defense, in this case). I dare say many who have achieved much more in AFL coaching than Ross Lyon would also agree with what Warne said about getting Nick some assistance up forward. I'm sure Shane is far from Robinson Caruso with that view.
You also seem to forget that as well as what he's done with his bowling, Warne also coached Rajasthan Royals to victory in the inaugural India Premier Leugue (IPL) tournament. A tournament worth millions of dollars and played under enormous pressure, in front of an audience of however many tens of millions.
At the start of that tournament his team were rated about the least likely to win it, with arguably the worst list, yet he reportedly did a brilliant job of coaching and leading them to a highly unlikely win.
As I said, he knows what he's talking about and while he may talk some s***, that doesn't mean there aren't some serious diamonds in amongst it.
Ignore them at your peril, unless, as I said, you're more successful in your chosen field than he is in his.
If you go back and read my post again, you'll see that I hold Warney's cricket knowledge in the very highest regard. He would have captained Australia except for his stupid behaviour off the field

Yes everyone can see Roo needs help up forward..you dont need to be a champion sportsman to see that

What I object to is his stupidly simplistic "sack the coach and find someone who'll play more attacking football" philosophy. To me that shows he has NFI about football at the highest level..or the workings of the St Kilda FC

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Spot-ON! Michael! The last thing we need at this stage of our history is someone like Warnie mouthing off in the media! For God's sake, the guy is a fan, (like the rest of us!) he's entitled to an opinion as a fan, but it (his opinion) is no better qualified than anyone on here! (unless its Eastern or Joffaboy :wink: )

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:

Quoted for truth
..+1...no-one...well not any one sane...would blame nick for getting pissed off..shouldbe as plain as the nose on ross's face....ffs... :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:And just what sort of a footy career did Warnie actually have (to consider himself qualified to diss our coach?) :roll: Warnie you really should stick to texting/bowling/whatever :roll: :roll: :roll:
Well apaprently cos its "Warrrrnnneyyyyyy..leggennndddd...maaaaaaaaateeee" *thrust can of Jack Daniels in the air* his opinion carries more weight than yours or mine

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:

Quoted for truth
It's not the truth though.

He was just expecting to much on an evening when 2nd played 11th.

Perhaps he bought into the hype that we may be a chance to beat Collingwood?

There is a new gameplan, I still scratch my head how people haven't realised that yet.

We just lost the midfield battle, simple really.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Warne isn't relevant anymore so he has to stay in the public eye.

An over rated 'sportstar' in my book, as I don't regard cricket as a major sport.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Warne isn't relevant anymore so he has to stay in the public eye.

An over rated 'sportstar' in my book, as I don't regard cricket as a major sport.
No it a minor sport. He is completely overated. Attack him for his comments but when you say stupid things like that how can people take you seriously.