Like An interstate game in Melbourne: good omen!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Like An interstate game in Melbourne: good omen!

90% of the crowd will be Collingwood tonight.

Saints fans can't even turn out to the G for our home games there, what hope for away matches?!

We play alright interstate.

Maybe the boys shoud've stayed in a hotel in town and done an interstate routine thingy instead of the normal Victorian match routine?? :idea:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

from the Vibe I'm gauging have to agree- many saints who would normally go to every victorian game are staying away- away game , at the G, in mid winter, against feral supporters who are known to spit on children...

plus no general admission on level 1

(oh and the team no doing as well as recent years - todate)

may be a surprisingly low crowd for a grandfinal rematch.

generally despite being an ok draw if the team had been doing well- for the Football side of things the start of the year has no been good for developing supporters and enthusiasm-
only 3 games at Etihad to date and one of them a Monday and One a Sunday arfternoon...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I know stkilda supporters who have switched to the Suns,such is the state of our supporter group at the moment

Bring back the Lockett era
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

jonesy wrote:I know stkilda supporters who have switched to the Suns,such is the state of our supporter group at the moment
seriously?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:I know stkilda supporters who have switched to the Suns,such is the state of our supporter group at the moment
Well they arent supporters. I suggest they are just pathetic people.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

lol

thought he mighta commented by now :twisted: :P

Buckets
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

True supporters would never stop following their team!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

This will be the last mid-season GF rematch I predict..back to Round 1 next year..a home game for the runner-up

Last year was a drizzly Fri night and only got 45,000-ish? even though both sides were travelling well.

The Pies pulled 52,000 v West Coast last weekend. Granted that was a sunny Sat arvo.

I too know people who wont go tonight "cos were playuing Collingwood and their fans are feral". If thats genuinely the reason then I reckon they need to toughen up. Fair enough its a Sat night, big crowd, chilly evening, lack of decent reserved seating.. fair enough, but..cos they fear for their health?

I saw just as many feral Saints fans as Pies at GF2 last year. Unless you are dead unlucky or are sitting behind the goals at the Ponsford Stand, I doubt you'll get knifed.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
spert
Saintsational Legend

I suppose quite a lot of the Collingwood supporters would be the ones who were calling for Malthouse to be sacked in the mid 2000's ??

mich13
Club Player

saint66au wrote:This will be the last mid-season GF rematch I predict..back to Round 1 next year..a home game for the runner-up

Last year was a drizzly Fri night and only got 45,000-ish? even though both sides were travelling well.

The Pies pulled 52,000 v West Coast last weekend. Granted that was a sunny Sat arvo.

I too know people who wont go tonight "cos were playuing Collingwood and their fans are feral". If thats genuinely the reason then I reckon they need to toughen up. Fair enough its a Sat night, big crowd, chilly evening, lack of decent reserved seating.. fair enough, but..cos they fear for their health?

I saw just as many feral Saints fans as Pies at GF2 last year. Unless you are dead unlucky or are sitting behind the goals at the Ponsford Stand, I doubt you'll get knifed.
I fear for my health ;) They might have some dreadful disease ;)

Will be interesting tonight, I don't expect to see alot of red in the crowd!

"You can get more money elsewhere, but [St Kilda] is our home, we love it to death, so why would you want to leave?"

- Nick Dal Santo 21 Jun 2005
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

mich13 wrote:
saint66au wrote:This will be the last mid-season GF rematch I predict..back to Round 1 next year..a home game for the runner-up

I fear for my health ;) They might have some dreadful disease ;)

Will be interesting tonight, I don't expect to see alot of red in the crowd!
Oh yes, transmittable diseases are another matter altogether. IF you are taking kids, make sure their vaccinations are up to date 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote: I too know people who wont go tonight "cos were playuing Collingwood and their fans are feral". If thats genuinely the reason then I reckon they need to toughen up. Fair enough its a Sat night, big crowd, chilly evening, lack of decent reserved seating.. fair enough, but..cos they fear for their health?
None of those reasons are any chop

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I love the big games at the G but have f#@ed my back and have to watch on tv. Cheer louder than them for me, we were voted the worst fans for a good reason.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Is there a roof on that cold wet windy stadium yet?

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I love the big games at the G but have f#@ed my back and have to watch on tv. Cheer louder than them for me, we were voted the worst fans for a good reason.
Will do.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
stinger
Saintsational Legend

mich13 wrote: I fear for my health ;) They might have some dreadful disease ;)

they do...but you won't catch it unless you have sex with them..... :wink: 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
mich13 wrote: I fear for my health ;) They might have some dreadful disease ;)

they do...but you won't catch it unless you have sex with them..... :wink: 8-)
And you have to be related before they'll agree to that :wink:

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Last week - Collingwood home game at MGC
Last Week - St kilda away game in Perth
This week - Collingwood get to play at home.

I am so grateful to these guys for allowing us the honor to play them.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
saint58
Club Player

Buckets wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

True supporters would never stop following their team!
Not a better sentiment said well done.

I remember going to Moorabbin and you could fire a shot and not hit a saint supporter. Except the animal enclosure they were great supporters loved them all.But we did only win like 2 or 3 games a year back in the late 70s early 80s.