Lyon still confused

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Lyon still confused

Seriously Lyon is trying to have a bob each way.

He is saying oh look at all the debutants - he gives them 1 or 2 games at a time - but he goes back to Blake and Peake. Like he is still hoping that somehow 2009 clicks in to gear.

What is the point of playing Peake and Blake? Backwards looking not forward. He also looks so weary and tired and the players are following that lead.

Maybe he needs a holiday and come back and start again.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lyon still confused

Con Gorozidis wrote:Seriously Lyon is trying to have a bob each way.

He is saying oh look at all the debutants - he gives them 1 or 2 games at a time - but he goes back to Blake and Peake. Like he is still hoping that somehow 2009 clicks in to gear.

What is the point of playing Peake and Blake? Backwards looking not forward. He also looks so weary and tired and the players are following that lead.

It's not all that complicated.

I think it's called "blending".

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

So should we play 3 new players, even if we have none for those positions, and lose by 10 goals this week. The club needs to stay competitive. You seem to think we can lose every game this year and magically make the top 4 again next year. Well that just will not happen. To have any hope at all next year we must somehow get our form back this year and the best way to do that is mix youth and experience.

Legendary
Club Player

I agree with plugger66.

You've also got to consider how many more kids actually deserve games?

No use playing a side full of kids when some of them can barely get named in the Sandringham senior side.

It's still too early in the year to "rest and retire" the old guys. We have to stay competitive and try and win some games of footy.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

The other side to giving our list cloggers games is to see if they can play some games that look atractive to other clubs and maintain some trade value.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I want these kids to get game time but we still ned to have some experience around them.
To many kids at the one time is just to physically demanding on them.

I love this club
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:The other side to giving our list cloggers games is to see if they can play some games that look atractive to other clubs and maintain some trade value.
So we know there list cloggers but a professional club would know that?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:The other side to giving our list cloggers games is to see if they can play some games that look atractive to other clubs and maintain some trade value.
Well numb nuts if I was a club on the cusp of a premiership I'd pick up one of our list cloggers because of the fact they have come from our club; the club has just shown some professionalism by playing off in the past two GFs. It's like red or black on the roulette table isn't it.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

So should we play 3 new players, even if we have none for those positions, and lose by 10 goals this week. The club needs to stay competitive. You seem to think we can lose every game this year and magically make the top 4 again next year. Well that just will not happen. To have any hope at all next year we must somehow get our form back this year and the best way to do that is mix youth and experience.
EXACTLY.

Con, the anti-Lyonism is a view you're entitled to, but just like Andrew Bolt and climate scepticism fair dinkum if it doesn't get horribly tiresome.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Well numb nuts if I was a club on the cusp of a premiership I'd pick up one of our list cloggers because of the fact they have come from our club; the club has just shown some professionalism by playing off in the past two GFs. It's like red or black on the roulette table isn't it.
Well then maybe they arent list cloggers. Be interested to who think are list cloggers and what their trade value is. Do you honestly think Blake and Peake have any value at all outside our side?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Well then maybe they arent list cloggers. Be interested to who think are list cloggers and what their trade value is. Do you honestly think Blake and Peake have any value at all outside our side?
Blake has none. Peake could have some(ish). Gram and Dalsanto could be great bait. If BJ doesn't get a hurry up then he'll be worth less than both of those.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Blake has none. Peake could have some(ish). Gram and Dalsanto could be great bait. If BJ doesn't get a hurry up then he'll be worth less than both of those.
BJ could sit down cross legged on the half back flank for the rest of the season and still attract more trade interest than Gram.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
So you are saying Dal and BJ are list cloggers. Surely not. I reckon Peake has no value at all and unless Gram shows some more this year he as none either. 27 years old and playing like he is over 30.

markp
Saintsational Legend

If I may channel B4E... opinions are like ar$eholes, and this thread is full of them! :wink:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

you guys have to be joking me.
if you think blake and peake will keep us competive, help us win games or even more funny be potenial trade bait. well im not sure i need keep arguing against such nonsense.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
So you are saying Dal and BJ are list cloggers. Surely not. I reckon Peake has no value at all and unless Gram shows some more this year he as none either. 27 years old and playing like he is over 30.
You need to have something worthwile to trade and Dal and BJ would still be attractive however BJ may reduce his value if he plays out the remaider of the season based on his performance to-date. My point about bringing the dropped players back, i.e. Gram would be so they help out the team for the reasons you point out which gives them an opportunity to play well, look attractive to potential suitors. So possibly, players like Gram might have already been told that they will be offered up at the end of the year. So the meeting would go something like, Grammy, we are offering you up come seasons end, but we will drop you for the odd game to bring in new players, but when you come in it's your time to show the suitors that you have still got something. Does that make sense?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
You need to have something worthwile to trade and Dal and BJ would still be attractive however BJ may reduce his value if he plays out the remaider of the season based on his performance to-date. My point about bringing the dropped players back, i.e. Gram would be so they help out the team for the reasons you point out which gives them an opportunity to play well, look attractive to potential suitors. So possibly, players like Gram might have already been told that they will be offered up at the end of the year. So the meeting would go something like, Grammy, we are offering you up come seasons end, but we will drop you for the odd game to bring in new players, but when you come in it's your time to show the suitors that you have still got something. Does that make sense?
It could but the chances of a club telling a player that they may be offerred for trade this early in the year are none.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
You need to have something worthwile to trade and Dal and BJ would still be attractive however BJ may reduce his value if he plays out the remaider of the season based on his performance to-date. My point about bringing the dropped players back, i.e. Gram would be so they help out the team for the reasons you point out which gives them an opportunity to play well, look attractive to potential suitors. So possibly, players like Gram might have already been told that they will be offered up at the end of the year. So the meeting would go something like, Grammy, we are offering you up come seasons end, but we will drop you for the odd game to bring in new players, but when you come in it's your time to show the suitors that you have still got something. [b]Does that make sense?[/[/b]quote]
Like a guy walking around with a sign that says 'Kick Me' on his back.

I cannot help myself - the opportunity is too good:-

It makes about as much sense as most of your posts over the past few weeks.
Last edited by Mr Magic on Fri 20 May 2011 3:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

EXACTLY.

Con, the anti-Lyonism is a view you're entitled to, but just like Andrew Bolt and climate scepticism fair dinkum if it doesn't get horribly tiresome.
im actually pro-lyon. id give him 3 more years so he can feel safe to trade off short termism for long termism.

but im anti the utter nonsense of spin and the still present clutching on to the dream that we are going to turn back time. i dont care about how old people are. the fact is in 2011 - this season these "experienced" guys are playing shitehouse footy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

EXACTLY.

im actually pro-lyon. id give him 3 more years so he can feel safe to trade off short termism for long termism.

but im anti the utter nonsense of spin and the still present clutching on to the dream that we are going to turn back time. i dont care about how old people are. the fact is in 2011 - this season these "experienced" guys are playing shitehouse footy.

Arent you clutching at straws thinking we can lose for the rest of the year but then turn it on next year. That stuff belongs in Disneyland.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
It could but the chances of a club telling a player that they may be offerred for trade this early in the year are none.

The way the NRL does business has merrit. Tell Gram now that he is up for trade. It's open and honest business. Let's say his papers are hypothetically stamped already. How is that fair to Gram. It is also restrictive to the club because they only get a small window at the end of the season to trade.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

depends how u lose.
Pretty sure West Coast finished bottom last year and are "turning it on" now. So hardly Disneyland.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:depends how u lose.
Pretty sure West Coast finished bottom last year and are "turning it on" now. So hardly Disneyland.
Pretty sure they wont finish top 4 though and secondly they are on the up. 2nd, last and again top 4 will not happen. Maybe not Disneyland, more like Dreamworld.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:depends how u lose.
Pretty sure they wont finish top 4 though and secondly they are on the up. 2nd, last and again top 4 will not happen. Maybe not Disneyland, more like Dreamworld.
well see about that. they are playing some really good footy with no big names or stars.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
You need to have something worthwile to trade and Dal and BJ would still be attractive however BJ may reduce his value if he plays out the remaider of the season based on his performance to-date. My point about bringing the dropped players back, i.e. Gram would be so they help out the team for the reasons you point out which gives them an opportunity to play well, look attractive to potential suitors. So possibly, players like Gram might have already been told that they will be offered up at the end of the year. So the meeting would go something like, Grammy, we are offering you up come seasons end, but we will drop you for the odd game to bring in new players, but when you come in it's your time to show the suitors that you have still got something. [b]Does that make sense?[/[/b]quote]
Like a guy walking around with a sign that says 'Kick Me' on his back.

I cannot help myself - the opportunity is too good:-

It makes about as much sense as most of your posts over the past few weeks.
Mr Magic I do not take offense at your constant sniping. I understand it is difficult for people of your generation to have progressive thought patterns. You come from the old school where everyone should look the same and think the same and you know what, that is fine.