Seaford

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Seaford

Before we go on - Im not re-igniting the Seaford good bad debate here. Its been done to death and is boring.

But speaking to a mate yesterday who has no interest in the saints but is an expert in workplace issues and HR. He raised the Seaford issue as I believe GT did last night.

The issue is not about Seaford. Just about change. People dont respond well or perform well immediately after major changes to routine and environment.

So the change to Seaford has probably caused angst just because majr changes really screw with peoples performance and sense of well being in general.

And before you say "harden up" and all that stuff - Im not saying this is the reason for our woes. I think its just a load of little things all adding up. This is just one of the little things.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Then why did we make the Grand Final in 1965 and win in 1966 after moving to Moorabbin at the start of 1965.

Doesn't make much sense TBH.

They walk amongst us...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:Then why did we make the Grand Final in 1965 and win in 1966 after moving to Moorabbin at the start of 1965.

i said heaps of little things. maybe we had a million other positives going our way in 1966.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:Then why did we make the Grand Final in 1965 and win in 1966 after moving to Moorabbin at the start of 1965.

Different era. Was only semi professional back then.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

they probably only trained a twice a week anyhoo.

saintlee
Club Player

Personally, I don't think it has much to do with our form slump at all. IMO its far more to do with the mental/emotional scars from the GF losses, the general aging of the list and a general lack of form.

Do people really think we would be playing better if we were still at Moorabbin?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:Personally, I don't think it has much to do with our form slump at all. IMO its far more to do with the mental/emotional scars from the GF losses, the general aging of the list and a general lack of form.

Do people really think we would be playing better if we were still at Moorabbin?
F***. i just a million little things. this is one of em.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

Different era. Was only semi professional back then.
Yep, different era with a group of players who had never had any success at all, compared to the one now which ARE professional and should be able to overcome such things.

The moving to Seaford thing should only be having a positive impact due to the world class facilities now being used.

I think the deadwood using these facilities might be one of the main reasons of the fall.

They walk amongst us...

saintlee
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saintlee wrote:Personally, I don't think it has much to do with our form slump at all. IMO its far more to do with the mental/emotional scars from the GF losses, the general aging of the list and a general lack of form.

Take it easy, I wasn't having a go at you, I was contributing to your thread.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

I think that after climbing the mountain two years in a row, and of course falling short, the last thing these guys needed was to return to the same workplace. It would just reinforce the futility of their past efforts.

I am however not an HR expert.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

maybe. sorry saintlee. i just like saying "F***"

we should have moved to wet n wild for a few months. i love that place.

ace
Saintsational Legend

TRY
Defenders who can't run, except Luke Miles, oops no, we got rid of him.
Ruckmen who can't ruck, except Michael Gardiner, oops no, he may never play again.
Midfielders who can't get the ball, except Lenny Hayes, oops no, he is out for the season.
Forwards who can't kick straight, oops just missed another set shot straight in front, yips.

Lets face it we have been spoiled the last few years by Ross Lyon.
He got water out of a bunch of players with the skills of a stone.
Now the club is where this bunch of one sided, oops zero sided players belong.

The club needed a skills coach 10 years ago and still needs one.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
spert
Saintsational Legend

I suppose the difference in '66 was partly due to: Baldock, Stewart, Synman, Neale, Murray and a few other handy players, some of whom would be turning in their graves to see what the current lot are doing to the fabric of the club in less than a season.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Actually was reported by John Anderson this morning that we weren't a happy camp over summer as aresult of (a) losing and KD.
Plus, apparently a few of the guys have had bad break ups with girlfriends.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Maybe I should have taken the chance to run over KD when she walked in front of my car!!!! We might have won a few more games.......

Mrs not the MR

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:maybe. sorry saintlee. i just like saying "F***"

we should have moved to wet n wild for a few months. i love that place.
you need to buy ' go the F@k to sleep'
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/ce ... 6057383573

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:Maybe I should have taken the chance to run over KD when she walked in front of my car!!!! We might have won a few more games.......

Mrs not the MR
Car may have come off second best :wink:

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Seaford_Saint wrote:Maybe I should have taken the chance to run over KD when she walked in front of my car!!!! We might have won a few more games.......

Mrs not the MR
Car may have come off second best :wink:
That was my thought - and I don't have "skank" remover in the garage bwahahaha

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

No doubt whatsoever that the extra travel has had a major impact.
All those ready to jump saying they're paid squillions to do a job and you all have to travel to work, just remember you are not elite sports egos. These blokes are creatures of habit and the game plan has been the same, but it's harder to achieve when you have to spend a couple of hours more travelling.

They all still live close to Moorabbin and used to be able to go home and chill between sessions, can't do that now, have to sit around at beautiful Seaford waiting for the next training session.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:No doubt whatsoever that the extra travel has had a major impact.
All those ready to jump saying they're paid squillions to do a job and you all have to travel to work, just remember you are not elite sports egos. These blokes are creatures of habit and the game plan has been the same, but it's harder to achieve when you have to spend a couple of hours more travelling.

They all still live close to Moorabbin and used to be able to go home and chill between sessions, can't do that now, have to sit around at beautiful Seaford waiting for the next training session.
Not sure many live close to Moorabbin anymore. Most of the young ones are down Aspendale way and most of the older ones live in Pt Melb, Stkilda area.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:No doubt whatsoever that the extra travel has had a major impact.

They have an Xbox :wink:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Not sure many live close to Moorabbin anymore. Most of the young ones are down Aspendale way and most of the older ones live in Pt Melb, Stkilda area.
Some recent major purchases in Brighton and Port Melbourne/St Kilda area is a long way from Seaford.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Some recent major purchases in Brighton and Port Melbourne/St Kilda area is a long way from Seaford.
Yep but they were also to far to go home between sessions when we played at Moorabbin.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yep but they were also to far to go home between sessions when we played at Moorabbin.
Not necessarily to their own place. Put it this way, they didn't hang around Moorabbin all day. Now they have to be at Seaford all day doing SFA.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Not necessarily to their own place. Put it this way, they didn't hang around Moorabbin all day. Now they have to be at Seaford all day doing SFA.
I think many would go to other guys houses in Aspendale. 10 minute drive.