Remaining Games and Predictions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Remaining Games and Predictions

Given our likelyhood to improve as the season progresses

Hawthorn @ MCG - 50/50
Melbourne @ Etihad - Win
Freo @ Pattersons - Loss
Collingwood @ MCG - Loss
Western Bulldogs @ Etihad - 50/50
Gelong @ MCG - 50/50
Bye
North Melbourne @ Etihad- Win
Port Adelaide @ AAMI - 50/50
West Coast @ Etihad - Win
Adelaide @ Etihad - Win
Gold Coast @ Metricon - Win
Freo @ Etihad - 50/50
Collingwood @ Etihad- Loss
Sydney @ ANZ - 50/50
North Melbourne @ Etihad - Win
Carlton @ MCG - 50/50

So that's 6 wins, 3 Losses and 7 50/50's by my reckoning

We ill need around 10 more wins to give us 11 and half which should be enough to see us in -

It could actually come down to the last game against Carlton for a spot in the 8 with Carlton needing a win for a spot in the 4

Anyone care to give their predictions

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

im a big fan of the tank. i say we try our guts out for the next 5 games and see where we are. if we win 3 of the next 5 we keep going. if less we tank it up and play kids. id rather finish 17th than 9th.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 12 May 2011 11:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

suss
Club Player

I think it's too big an ask. At best, we could sneak 7th or 8th spot but we'd get bundled out early. And to get there we'd need to play the old blokes week in week out, to the detriment of the youngsters.

I think we're taking the right approach at present but I would expect more younger players to come in should we rolled by the Hawks.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

We must keep trying. I think it is fantasy land stuff what people are saying in that we win around 8 games this year and because we have played young blokes all of a sudden we are a chance next year. When has an older side ever get into the top 4 for 3 years and then dropped to the bottom 4 and then come back into the top 4. I know it could be a one off but I doubt it due to the age of our stars and they win you the games as proven this year.

As for the youngsters, when was the last 20-50 picks that made a difference to a side in their second or third year. We may fluke one good second or third year player but not enough to really help us next year. Also others say the game plan will be changed. Well it may be but that doesnt mean we will improve because of it and anyway you must improve 10% to hold your ground. Where is our 10% just to win about 8 games. It will not come from the older guys and if anything they may lose 10% so we need 20% improvement from younger guys to hold our spot.

Make no mistake we need to get back on track this year and win at least 12 games to get some confidence going into next year. The window is completely shut if we finish bottom 8 this year.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Why would the dogs game be 50/50? They are our bitches even when they have a good team

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Why would the dogs game be 50/50? They are our bitches even when they have a good team
While what you say is correct I suppose that until such time as we get our act together, and there were some good signs on Monday night, it's very difficult to declare any game as a win.