Tom LYNCH & Nick HEYNE???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Tom LYNCH & Nick HEYNE???

Tom LYNCH: A number of forumites have been raving about LYNCH the past weeks ! From what I saw in last weeks game he is a fair way off. IMO he is fast becoming another version of Jason CLOKE who had no defensive abilities what so ever. When LYNCH spoils he doesn't take the body and lacks 2nd or 3rd efforts. When things dont go his way it looks like he gets the sulks.

He zones off his man to pick up cheap kicks around the backline and lacks the accountability when the ball is going the other way (very Jason GRAM like). It is almost as if he thinks he is too good to be playing VFL.

I have only seen him play live a couple of times and watched the Sandringham replays when available, but for me I would play SIMPKIN ahead of LYNCH. SIMPKIN is a much more solid and reliable defender.

The positive for LYNCH he is OK with the ball he just needs to find his defensive edge.

Nick HEYNE: When he is delisted at the end of the year he will look back with major regrets. He simply didn't work hard enough in games which will cost him his career. He had the talent to make it but has a major aversion to hard work.

Not once will you ever see Nick run himself into the ground - I dont recall ever seeing him put in sufficient effort to suggest he will make it. Once again there just isn't enough 2nd or 3rd efforts.

Nick will play out his career with an VFL or country club and go down as another under developed SAINTS recruit.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Positive: they've both got 16 weeks to turn it around

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WO how many times have you seen these guys play and also does the season end in round 6?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Heyne isn't an AFL player in any regard. Skills are ordinary, size rules him out of KP and lack of pace/agility means he's not a small. The best you could hope for from him is a lucky snap out of a pack or a long goal from an easy setup. He's a bit like Gram but without pace or ball winning ability

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Heyne isn't an AFL player in any regard. Skills are ordinary, size rules him out of KP and lack of pace/agility means he's not a small. The best you could hope for from him is a lucky snap out of a pack or a long goal from an easy setup. He's a bit like Gram but without pace or ball winning ability
So he is actually nothing like Gram. Is he better than Giles though?

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Plugger...

plugger66 wrote:WO how many times have you seen these guys play and also does the season end in round 6?
Plugger possibly ten games - but LYNCH has only been playing in defense this year. My aim is that hopefully someone gets hold of him and points him in the right direction, so we do get value out of him!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:Heyne isn't an AFL player in any regard. Skills are ordinary, size rules him out of KP and lack of pace/agility means he's not a small. The best you could hope for from him is a lucky snap out of a pack or a long goal from an easy setup. He's a bit like Gram but without pace or ball winning ability
Good lord you're an imbecile. Like Gram in that he's an in between size, not a hard ball winner and his skill set consists of the blind snap and the long bomb.

busso mick
Club Player

I just saw the Sandy highlights and they rated Heyne as one of the best. If he can get some consistency in the next few weeks he might surprise and get a recall. It may be rose coloured glasses but we have invested a bit in him so I am hoping he works out for us.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Good lord you're an imbecile. Like Gram in that he's an in between size, not a hard ball winner and his skill set consists of the blind snap and the long bomb.
Heyne may have some issues but not being hard at the ball isnt one of them. Anyway we better get used to him because he has a year to go on his contract.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why does lynch continaully influence games then......

Three games I have seen this year, he has controlled the game of HB.....has been the vfl version of maxwell, fisher, harley.....

In 09 he was excellent up fwd as a foil for sautner, and was totally selfless...

Just like armo was too slow and couldnt kick i suppose

elvis lives
Club Player

Question has to be asked, why on earth are we trying to turn him into a defender anyway? We are crying out for a third mobile tall fwd, which lynch was recruited as, and there is absolutely no one else on the horizon on that regard. Given we already have a glut of mobile tall defenders (Dawson, gwilt, fisher, Gilbert, dumpster, Blake) we are hardly in need of another one. What we need is a forward.

I am marching in the Saints army
bigred
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Why does lynch continaully influence games then......

Three games I have seen this year, he has controlled the game of HB.....has been the vfl version of maxwell, fisher, harley.....

In 09 he was excellent up fwd as a foil for sautner, and was totally selfless...

Just like armo was too slow and couldnt kick i suppose
Yep. He has been very good.

Half back has almost been a revelation to him. Freedom. Back yourself and your disposal. He has been hitting targets.

Against Williamstown last weekend, in the first quarter the Willy were going inside 50 constantly and Lynch got the ball quite a few times. Hit the target every time. This is what I have found to be the most positive thing.

IMO I would play him ahead of Raph. No small thing.
Question has to be asked, why on earth are we trying to turn him into a defender anyway? We are crying out for a third mobile tall fwd, which lynch was recruited as, and there is absolutely no one else on the horizon on that regard. Given we already have a glut of mobile tall defenders (Dawson, gwilt, fisher, Gilbert, dumpster, Blake) we are hardly in need of another one. What we need is a forward.
Because he was stagnating as a half forward. It is a common happening. David Grant tried as a forward early in his career and ended up being a very good half back.

Lynch has been improving week by week for Sandringham. To be honest, putting him back up forward might be holding his development again.

Blake is winding down and so is Baker. We have room for another "Fisherlike" defender. No doubt about it.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Agree. Hope to see him in ASAP.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

elvis lives wrote:Question has to be asked, why on earth are we trying to turn him into a defender anyway? We are crying out for a third mobile tall fwd, which lynch was recruited as, and there is absolutely no one else on the horizon on that regard. Given we already have a glut of mobile tall defenders (Dawson, gwilt, fisher, Gilbert, dumpster, Blake) we are hardly in need of another one. What we need is a forward.
Gilbert may be your answer.

Maybe they want him to hopefully take Gilberts place so Gilbert can move up the ground???

jays
Club Player

one will be playing in afl by end of year

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Lynch needs to prove that he is willing and is determined to attack the player and the ball in contested situations, and not merely be a sweeper. His one on one work is unremarkable and he needs to work on it.

I'd be surprised if he played any time soon.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

busso mick wrote:I just saw the Sandy highlights and they rated Heyne as one of the best. If he can get some consistency in the next few weeks he might surprise and get a recall. It may be rose coloured glasses but we have invested a bit in him so I am hoping he works out for us.
Don't always believe those listed as the 'best' by the press. I watched the Sandy game on TV, and Heyne would have been lucky to have 12 poss IMO.
No where near one of Sandy's better players
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Thu 12 May 2011 5:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stand your ground :shock:
ace
Saintsational Legend

I watched last Sundays Sandy game on TV (or was it Saturday)

Sadly no one stands out head and shoulders above the rest.
That means anyone who comes into the St Kilda team will only be of limited value.
Well actually negative value as whoever is their opponent will give them a bath.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:I watched last Sundays Sandy game on TV (or was it Saturday)

That means anyone who comes into the St Kilda team will only be of limited value.
Well actually negative value as whoever is their opponent will give them a bath.
The stand outs are mostly already in the team. Unfortunately we've wasted so many picks on recycled hacks with no scope for improvement that 2-3 spots that could have gone to kids each year that we're left with a serious lack of quality in the 21-24 age bracket. From the crop currently at Sandy, I think Ledger, Lynch and Walsh could break into the team soon but there's not much else. Stanley, Winmar and Crocker are still a fair way off while Archer and Simpkin are really just backup.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

at the start of last season kosi was touting nick to be the next big thing at sainterland.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
ace wrote:I watched last Sundays Sandy game on TV (or was it Saturday)

The stand outs are mostly already in the team. Unfortunately we've wasted so many picks on recycled hacks with no scope for improvement that 2-3 spots that could have gone to kids each year that we're left with a serious lack of quality in the 21-24 age bracket. From the crop currently at Sandy, I think Ledger, Lynch and Walsh could break into the team soon but there's not much else. Stanley, Winmar and Crocker are still a fair way off while Archer and Simpkin are really just backup.
what about johnston and cahill

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:at the start of last season kosi was touting nick to be the next big thing at sainterland.....
Well there's a top recommendation from someone who'd know. I'm looking forward to Kosi's coaching career.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
stinger wrote:at the start of last season kosi was touting nick to be the next big thing at sainterland.....
Well there's a top recommendation from someone who'd know. I'm looking forward to Kosi's coaching career.
he'd know more than you, i dare say.......much much more....but that goes without saying.......actually... :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
he'd know more than you, i dare say.......much much more....but that goes without saying.......actually... :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted:
He'd make a good coach because he doesn't like to over exert himself at training, or in games for that matter.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Kosi will go captain coach Brocklesby to flags. Betcha.

I reckon some of you are writing some of these young guys off far, far too early.

Go get another drink because you cup is half empty.

A couple of our reserves are going to be players over the next few years. Believe it or not, but a couple of them might actually be pretty good.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....