Milney

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Milney

What the hell does this bloke have to do to get a free kick, tackled without the ball, punched in the back of the head it's a frigging joke.
Maybe he should change his name to Judd

saintjake
Club Player

I thought this topic was going to be about how great he played. How he shows leadership and passion. Bit alas another pointless umpire related post

St Lenny
Club Player

It was a shocking decision. But he did play very well tonight.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:I thought this topic was going to be about how great he played. How he shows leadership and passion. Bit alas another pointless umpire related post
Fair point. He's the heartbeat i reckon.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

saintjake wrote:I thought this topic was going to be about how great he played. How he shows leadership and passion. Bit alas another pointless umpire related post
I am f@$ing sick of him busting his arse to do the right things but he has to be shot to get a free kick.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

I am f@$ing sick of him busting his arse to do the right things but he has to be shot to get a free kick.

saintjake
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
Fair point. He's the heartbeat i reckon.
Always the one revving
The boys up in the huddles

Tom_Sainter
Club Player

Good luck waiting on the umpire to give a free kick against Judd :roll:

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

He's the best small forward I have seen, especially given his consistency. He should have been AA in either 2009 or 2010 or both, averaging over 2 goals per game for his career. No other small forward has done that in the history of the game. It's not as if he had been decoy FF either without talls. But, the umps hate him. I haven't seen the replay, but it did look from where I was sitting that he got a whack behind the ear at a rather crucial moment.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I'm with perfectionist. Milne is one of the most under rated players in the history of the game. His consistency over 200 + games has been extraordinary. To think he's missed AA selection when someone like Medhurst got it for one season of 48 goals, beggars belief. Milne has bettered that regularly. Milney has played the toughest position on the ground for 10 years and shows no sign of slowing down. We will only fully appreciate him when he's gone.

He is apparently the most hated player in the league according to opposition fans. That's a compliment, a mark of his effectiveness. I think he is also the most hated player by the umpires. Regularly gets mauled and receives little or nothing. The non-free for the whack to the head in the last quarter tonight was disgraceful, but not surprising. What rubbed it in was that Carlton received a free kick shortly thereafter for a much softer incident. Perhaps a please explain to that knob-jockey Gieschen might be in order.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
iceman
Club Player

i'm not usually one for pinning games on umpire decisions, there are thousands of decision throughout a game that affect the overall result. But 2 critical calls by the umpires;

Milne gets one over the shoulder, pushed under the flight, chopped the arms, whatever you want to call it. Play on. Fine as long as it's like that all night.

Ball swings down the other end, Blake closely checks Waite on the HFF, may have given one ove rthe shoulder, chopped the arms etc. etc. but this one IS played, Waite goes to Robinson who goes to Walker... Game over!

It hurts when the umpires let so much go, then continue to let Milnes go but pull everything up a minute later. We had the spare number too...

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

so far our best player this season easily.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

He was our miniature full forward in his early days a lead up marking target with a set shot record. Has always been a favourite and he just keeps on doing the job, he is a star forward that has stayed loyal and taken criticism from every where. He will go down as one of our best ever, if he had played at a higher profile club he would be a superstar.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I thought Milne was brilliant tonight! I absolutely love his work-rate, his skill, his courage and his endeavor! Go you 44!!!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Megsie
Club Player

TAKE A BOW MILNEY YOU WERE THE HEART & SOUL OF OUR CLUB TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE THE HEART & COURAGE OF A LION.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Have to say, loved the delivery to him...the boys know how to kick to his advantage.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

iceman wrote:i'm not usually one for pinning games on umpire decisions, there are thousands of decision throughout a game that affect the overall result. But 2 critical calls by the umpires;

Milne gets one over the shoulder, pushed under the flight, chopped the arms, whatever you want to call it. Play on. Fine as long as it's like that all night.

Ball swings down the other end, Blake closely checks Waite on the HFF, may have given one ove rthe shoulder, chopped the arms etc. etc. but this one IS played, Waite goes to Robinson who goes to Walker... Game over!

It hurts when the umpires let so much go, then continue to let Milnes go but pull everything up a minute later. We had the spare number too...
Took the words right out of my mouth! This was absolute B*LLSH*T from the ump and cost us the game.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
SteveStevens66
Club Player

I might be mistaken on this but how the hell isn't Milne part of the leadership group? It is an astounding omission.

In terms of the club's heart and soul he is right up there with Lenny.

And to all the idiots on here who constantly bag him, you don't even know how fortunate you are to be able to say you've seen one of the greatest small forwards to ever play the game.

Carna Saints!!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

cost us the game? :roll:

one free kick not paid cost us the game?????

because he wouldve drilled it right?
putting the entire nights effort and loss on one free kick not being paid is taking it a bit fair dont we think?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

he seemed to get more than a little upset with that bald headed prick judd at quarter time too....was the r word used .???...of course it was... :evil: :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Go Sainters Go
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Have to say, loved the delivery to him...the boys know how to kick to his advantage.
Not much good if you are thumped from behind by your opponent, flattened, and then the ump calls "play on".

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:he seemed to get more than a little upset with that bald headed prick judd at quarter time too....was the r word used .???...of course it was... :evil: :evil: :evil:
really?