Guess this weeks ins and outs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Guess this weeks ins and outs

In
Winmar, Blake, Cripps,

Out
Nil

Final
In
Winmar

Out
Stanley

Solar
Saintsational Legend

why would there be a squad named for a saturday game?

in: winmar, johnson

out: stanley, someone

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:why would there be a squad named for a saturday game?

Good point. There wouldnt be. I am completely lost this week because of all the footy. Isnt Johnson injured?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

No Change

Sub: A. Smith

saintslegendLH
Club Player

johnson didn't get named on the extended bench. Ross may bring him in as a last minute change though.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

saintslegendLH wrote:

johnson didn't get named on the extended bench. Ross may bring him in as a last minute change though.
Theres been no extended bench or squad even named yet, doesnt happen until 5pm tonight.. The "squad" named on TFS is completely their guess.

OUT: Mini
IN: Winmar

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Out: Stanley
In: Blake

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
saintslegendLH wrote:

Theres been no extended bench or squad even named yet, doesnt happen until 5pm tonight.. The "squad" named on TFS is completely their guess.

Correct. Why would the AFL change the rules for team/squad announcements just to satisfy a vaudeville show produced by a non-TV rights network?

Johnson still a big chance IMO - especially given injury concerns to both Kosi and Stanley.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
saintslegendLH wrote:

Correct. Why would the AFL change the rules for team/squad announcements just to satisfy a vaudeville show produced by a non-TV rights network?

Johnson still a big chance IMO - especially given injury concerns to both Kosi and Stanley.
Exactly, if there were teams announced then im pretty certain they would have got leaked well and truly before the footy show went to air anyway...

Oh yea forgot about Johnson... Out Kosi, In Johnson :wink:

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Johnson still a big chance IMO - especially given injury concerns to both Kosi and Stanley.
according to misson doesn't sound like there are any concerns with stanley. i'd expect to see him out anyway as he's been fairly ineffective, but given the conditions in brissie it's quite possible he gets another run, and in that case i'd say no change.

otherwise, i'd love to see johnson come in for stanley but it sounds like he might have been injured, and regardless he hasn't played for three weeks. (winmar hasn't played at all since the 1st which is four weeks plus, surely he can't come in.)

i'd be surprised if anyone came in who didn't play for sandy two weeks ago. the options are, then, in order of probability: peake, clarke, gamble, archer, lynch, simpkin, siposs, cripps, heyne, polo (underdone).

IN: Archer
OUT: Stanley

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Johnson still a big chance IMO - especially given injury concerns to both Kosi and Stanley.
according to misson doesn't sound like there are any concerns with stanley. i'd expect to see him out anyway as he's been fairly ineffective, but given the conditions in brissie it's quite possible he gets another run, and in that case i'd say no change.

otherwise, i'd love to see johnson come in for stanley but it sounds like he might have been injured, and regardless he hasn't played for three weeks. (winmar hasn't played at all since the 1st which is four weeks plus, surely he can't come in.)

i'd be surprised if anyone came in who didn't play for sandy two weeks ago. the options are, then, in order of probability: peake, clarke, gamble, archer,
lynch, simpkin, siposs, cripps, heyne, polo (underdone).

What you're saying about Johnson is correct, though if they were thinking of playing him as a deep forward his lack of recent games may not be considered to be a major factor.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
bergholt wrote:

i'd be surprised if anyone came in who didn't play for sandy two weeks ago. the options are, then, in order of probability: peake, clarke, gamble, archer,
lynch, simpkin, siposs, cripps, heyne, polo (underdone).

What you're saying about Johnson is correct, though if they were thinking of playing him as a deep forward his lack of recent games may not be considered to be a major factor.
Recent selections decisions have shown recent games and match fitness doesnt matter to getting a game.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Out - Stanley - poor match form, possible leg strain.
- Winmar - been a sub for a couple of weeks. Needs match time
at Sandy.

In - Johnson - time for a try up forward.
- Peake ? - experience & pace.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Would it be worth leaving Stanley in for this game? The crows defence is probably below the lions.
I can see Roo having a blinder this week

thequarry
Club Player

It's going to be raining in Adelaide according to the current forecast - I dare say Stanley will be out and Mini kept in the team. Johnson will probably miss as well due to the conditions - unless Kosi is taken out of the team (very, very slim chance of that happening), and maybe this opens the door for Winmar? Perhaps Cripps too, but I doubt his form so far warrants a call-up just yet (would be nice to see though).

That said, Winmar won't have played for three weeks come the weekend, and Cripps won't have played for two - not sure if that's ideal for a player to come straight into an AFL team for their first game.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Knowing our selectors, they will probably go with those they know.

Out Stanley.

In. Blake or Clarke. More likely Clarke. He was named emergency last match.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Knowing our selectors, they will probably go with those they know.

Out Stanley.

In. Blake or Clarke. More likely Clarke. He was named emergency last match.
I'd like to see Johnson get a run; I'd like to see Winmar get a run.

But at the end if the day I just want to win the game and keep the season alive.

If the selectors go with "the same old" it won't worry me a bit as long as we come home with the four points.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

So, it looks like Stanley is near enough to definately out.

The In will come from Winmar, Blake and Clarke. My guess; Clarke.

Ross rarely, if ever makes more than 1 change after a win, unless it's forced !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Out Stanley

In Winmar (sub)

Mini to be in the best 21

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Many on here, myself included, question Mini's inclusion in the team.

That usually occurs due to his lack of goals, his lack of possessions and his lack of exciting play.

However at a time when we are struggling to win enough games to stay in the hunt; where we are playing a tough interstate game and where the forecast is for a hard, wet slog, I can see the attraction in retaining him.

And at a time where our F50 pressure has diminished to an alarming level, his selection becomes even harder to criticise. 

Those of us who would prefer Mini not to be in the 22 desperately need our preferred forwards to step up and start tackling!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Out: Stanley
In: Johnson

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Good point "thequarry" about the weather, which most of us missed.
A "re-adjustment" to my selections :

Out - Stanley - definitely with bad weather predicted.
Out - Winmar - limited match time. Too light for heavy ground, first-up.

In - Clarke.
In - Blake
Sub - Blake

Move Gwilt to forward line on a heavy ground. Clarke to HB.

Apologies to Johnson & Archer - too much height with Kosi in on a wet ground. :roll:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

move gwilt to the forward line???

are you mad??

every time there is a contest or a chain of handballs in the backline to get out of trouble in congestion gwilt is the last in line, the get out man who then moves it on by foot
why?
he has a good disposal and seems calm under pressure.

moving him forward i think he could take a grab and slot a few, yeah
taking him from the backline thou???
leaves a hole i cant see raph or blake or gilbert or too many for that matter, filling.
id move him forward if we had a reliable replacement who was equal to if not better than jimmy, and i dont think we currently have that :(

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I take your point matrix. It is a risk, but perhaps we need to roll-the-dice, so to speak, as I don't like our forward chances on a heavy ground, unless Milney & Schneider can be relied on to get the job done. We need to win this one.

The problem then is, if we "leak" badly as you intimate, could Clarke be moved forward for a quarter or so :?:

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

Junction Oval wrote:Good point "thequarry" about the weather, which most of us missed.
A "re-adjustment" to my selections :

Out - Stanley - definitely with bad weather predicted.
Out - Winmar - limited match time. Too light for heavy ground, first-up.

In - Clarke.
In - Blake
Sub - Blake

Move Gwilt to forward line on a heavy ground. Clarke to HB.

Apologies to Johnson & Archer - too much height with Kosi in on a wet ground. :roll:
I'm confused, twice in this thread you have suggested Winmar needs to be one of the 'outs' but unless I have missed something he hasn't been in the team to be outed??

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.