Thanks for Thursday night.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Thanks for Thursday night.

To all the players for fighting out a tough win in slippery muggy conditions. I didnt think it was that bad a standard being there live, but admit it looked ordinary on T.V. replay.

Has made my Easter break all the more pleasant after that win.

Who cares if they wouldnt have beaten the Filth or the Scum, or whoever, it doesnt matter a fig.

WE WON, and it makes for an even better Easter break.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thanks for Thursday night.

Stephen Theodore wrote:To all the players for fighting out a tough win in slippery muggy conditions. I didnt think it was that bad a standard being there live, but admit it looked ordinary on T.V. replay.

Has made my Easter break all the more pleasant after that win.

Who cares if they wouldnt have beaten the Filth or the Scum, or whoever, it doesnt matter a fig.

WE WON, and it makes for an even better Easter break.

:wink: +1 :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Megsie
Club Player

totally agree. good to read a "positive" post about our boys. It was a hard slog on a disgracefull ground.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Yep, Thursday was about one thing only - getting the win.

We may have played poorly, we may not be back, we may have not addressed any of our problems and we may not have won by as much as everyone thought we would BUT we got the job done.

That's all they set out to do. Didn't go out there hoping to smash Brisbane by seventy-five points, make up some (useless) percentage and make a statement for the rest of the league to take notice of us.

All that was required of us was to somehow have enough resolve to get the four points and take them back home with us.

Job done. Now let's turn to the next challenge!

Oh, one more thing: you might say "If we play like that against Collingwood/Geelong/Gold Coast, we won't win" but that's pointless. It goes without saying, that style of play won't beat the best team in the competition -- guess what?! We don't have to play them until ages. Even if we did play them next week, you can't predict how we play against them just as you can't predict where we will actually finish this year.

Baby steps for now. We were out of form, winless, disinterested; now we've got the monkey off the back.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I was at the ground so didnt hear any commentary. Was there any mention of the first quarter being so long? I couldnt see any reason why it went 34+ mins?

Did the timekeeper fall asleep or something?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I was at the ground so didnt hear any commentary. Was there any mention of the first quarter being so long? I couldnt see any reason why it went 34+ mins?

Did the timekeeper fall asleep or something?
Me too, couldn't believe it.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
Oh, one more thing: you might say "If we play like that against Collingwood/Geelong/Gold Coast, we won't win" but that's pointless. It goes without saying, that style of play won't beat the best team in the competition -- guess what?! We don't have to play them until ages. Even if we did play them next week, you can't predict how we play against them just as you can't predict where we will actually finish this year.

My thoughts exactly !

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

I can't tell you what a relief that win was.

Made a huge difference to my level of happiness.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.