WHAT a dilemma!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

WHAT a dilemma!

Carlton V Collingwood tomorrow night! I can't stand Carlton, but after enduring what we had to put up with from the Filth in the 2nd GF I'll be hoping the Blues win! (unless the footy gods could create a loss for BOTH!)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
The Sainter
Club Player

I see Maxwell wrote in today's Collingwood Sun oops I meant Herald Sun that the Magpies would have won the flag anyhow if extra time had been played in the drawn grand final judging on the way they won the following week. It proves one thing, you don't have to be too bright to be skipper of the Magpies, what a stupid, arrogant thing to say, in fact when the siren went we looked the fitter team at that time. Go Blues, I for one hope you can win.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

The Sainter wrote:I see Maxwell wrote in today's Collingwood Sun oops I meant Herald Sun that the Magpies would have won the flag anyhow if extra time had been played in the drawn grand final judging on the way they won the following week. It proves one thing, you don't have to be too bright to be skipper of the Magpies, what a stupid, arrogant thing to say, in fact when the siren went we looked the fitter team at that time. Go Blues, I for one hope you can win.

F@#$N DEAD SH!T

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Sainter wrote:I see Maxwell wrote in today's Collingwood Sun oops I meant Herald Sun that the Magpies would have won the flag anyhow if extra time had been played in the drawn grand final judging on the way they won the following week. It proves one thing, you don't have to be too bright to be skipper of the Magpies, what a stupid, arrogant thing to say, in fact when the siren went we looked the fitter team at that time. Go Blues, I for one hope you can win.
What was he supposed to say? "we would have lost"....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I wish the Blues every success both on and off the field so long as they never, ever win another game of AFL football...

Go the Pies.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
The Sainter
Club Player

Hey, the sensible thing to have said was in the short time that would have been played that the result could have gone any way, not that "we would have won" it comment from him.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

yes I liked that ....his logic...." oh cause we won easily in an entirely different game 7 days later..........."

Its not just stuff like this but Ive never liked Maxwell. I mean, IMHO he aint a great player (many at Collingwood questioned why a guy who couldnt crack the 22 should be captain...) - teams allow him to float off his man as the next defender as we did last year by playing Robert Eddy on him...WTF :shock:

“Yeah….nah””
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Its not just stuff like this but Ive never liked Maxwell. I mean, IMHO he aint a great player (many at Collingwood questioned why a guy who couldnt crack the 22 should be captain...) - teams allow him to float off his man as the next defender as we did last year by playing Robert Eddy on him...WTF :shock:
I wonder he has time to train- given all his self promotion - even in intervuiew this afternoon he was promoting what he was doing with his 'charities' and draft camp and commentating--- not alot about his game....interviewing his coach, on radio, tv and twitter.........

is this leading to retirement when he and mick go out together at end of season...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Munga
Saintsational Legend

hope they belt each other in to a draw

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Teflon wrote: Its not just stuff like this but Ive never liked Maxwell. I mean, IMHO he aint a great player (many at Collingwood questioned why a guy who couldnt crack the 22 should be captain...) - teams allow him to float off his man as the next defender as we did last year by playing Robert Eddy on him...WTF :shock:
I wonder he has time to train- given all his self promotion - even in intervuiew this afternoon he was promoting what he was doing with his 'charities' and draft camp and commentating--- not alot about his game....interviewing his coach, on radio, tv and twitter.........

is this leading to retirement when he and mick go out together at end of season...
What are you on about?

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

I hope the game resembles something similar to our first game of the season.

Low scoring, terrible footy. Just to entertain the crowd of course.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
Ice Wolf
Club Player

Love to see a group of Carlton players rough up Swan before the game, whilst the Collingwood players are busy roughing up Judd.

War of attrition would be nice though.