Geelong overtaking us again?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Geelong overtaking us again?

2 wins and looking like it are the cats. Without selwood, abblett, podsiadly, ling who else am i missing? Of course, chapman.

Cats looking better than us, isn't that just infuriating.

Do they have more players with greater mental toughness than us? They're still keen for success.

What will it take for our players to reach that stage where they collectively pull their heads out of their asses?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Chapman played against Freo.

Early days, but yes we have been off the boil no doubt.

Against the Cats game should have been over at half time. But like the GF of 2009 we wasted the dominance we had.

Pies are the bigger issue though.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
spert
Saintsational Legend

The Cats still have a lot of experienced personnel and are not going to be walkovers, though I reckon they will miss Ablett in some of the crunch games and I think they will probably end up in the top 6 at the end of the year. Two games into the season means little to me, we lost by a point and drew, unfortunately the loss of Lenny will make a difference and probably expose a bit of softness in a few of our runners, but I'm still thinking top 5 finish for us.

Calais
Club Player

We were only 2 points away from 2 wins also.. So we wont really know till round 6-7 IMO

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Cats are exciting their team with a few kids.

Guthrie looks good - had 27 touches against us? and played a great game. Amazing waht happens when you give youth a go.

Heard Laidley on radio commenting how "refreshing" it was and "exciting" for the Cats senior players to start to see this type of youth come through......I bet Riewoldt an Co would love to occasionally look up and see a fast, talented kid breaking lines heading towards fwd 50 and then DELIVERING cause he has foot skills.

Wont happen though. They'll look up this week and see a half @ssed J Gram 1 arm "tackle attempt" as Essendon whisk the ball away or Mini plodding down the wing looking like he's running up hill before sending it out on the full.

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Geelong overtaking us again?

ralphsmith wrote:2 wins and looking like it are the cats. Without selwood, abblett, podsiadly, ling who else am i missing? Of course, chapman.

Cats looking better than us, isn't that just infuriating.

Do they have more players with greater mental toughness than us? They're still keen for success.

What will it take for our players to reach that stage where they collectively pull their heads out of their asses?
podsiadly and chapman played......the pods f***ed imho...had one good year.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintDal
Club Player

Ling also played.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Not sure their kids are straight out of the draft. They are playing for a new coach as well. We will get to see a bit of an accurate picture by about round 10 IMO. We will have taken a bit of a mental hit with Lenny going down. But from adversity we have grown in the past.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Calais wrote:We were only 2 points away from 2 wins also..
3 points :P

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

and who isn't?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

This is little bit of topic but for all of those that are crying in their beer, have you considered netball as an option. The Vixens rock.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:This is little bit of topic but for all of those that are crying in their beer, have you considered netball as an option. The Vixens rock.
Don't mean to be rude but if you actually went to a game instead of watching it from your comfy lounge in Cairns you might be a bit sh!tted off too.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:This is little bit of topic but for all of those that are crying in their beer, have you considered netball as an option. The Vixens rock.
Don't mean to be rude but if you actually went to a game instead of watching it from your comfy lounge in Cairns you might be a bit sh!tted off too.
Try not to worry about it. Being rude is something you might not be able to help being. I've also so found that if you are rude you are also probably ignorant.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Try not to worry about it. Being rude is something you might not be able to help being. I've also so found that if you are rude you are also probably ignorant.
I'm not worried about it. How's your armchair?

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'm cool with the way we've started this season. Two very close games, one of them tied with 2 points in the bag. Who honestly cares?? It's a marathon, not a sprint. If we miss the 8 I'd be upset, but we're a long, long, long way off talking about that. Some here must be related to Nostradamus I think? They've already picked the 8, and probably bought their finals tickets by now :roll:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:I'm cool with the way we've started this season. Two very close games, one of them tied with 2 points in the bag. Who honestly cares?? It's a marathon, not a sprint. If we miss the 8 I'd be upset, but we're a long, long, long way off talking about that. Some here must be related to Nostradamus I think? They've already picked the 8, and probably bought their finals tickets by now :roll:
I couldnt be botheres sneaking into 7th/8th spot - not gonna do anything from there and from where weve been thats a big come down..

“Yeah….nah””
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Cats are in the same spot as us - sinking. Unlike us, they have two cups to bail them out.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Cats are in the same spot as us - sinking. Unlike us, they have two cups to bail them out.
How long did it take for you to come up with that one? :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

funny
i thought you could actually see more from watching the telly than live

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Cats are in the same spot as us - sinking. Unlike us, they have two cups to bail them out.
Cats have unearthed some kids over their journey though.....not sure ours have had that chance.

“Yeah….nah””