Mike Sheahan delivers truckload of irony

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

philtee
Club Player

Mike Sheahan delivers truckload of irony

Had to laugh at Mike's pleading for an end to the Nixon-gate saga in today's Currant-Bun.

"Let's get back to footy, says Mike Sheahan."
"Can we please have a conclusion to this business, there's a footy season about to unfold."

Mike obviously forgetting that it has been the HS that has been instrumental in this saga's lengthy evolution,
feeding off that appalling woman's lust for celebrity vengeance at every twist and turn.

Mike is now blaming the AFLPA for delay, when all they're doing is allowing due process to run its course,
in the hope of heading off any lengthy and costly legal challenge.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Once again, I will say this guy has no credit, and doesn't deserve any respect from anyone.

Waiting for p66 to come and stick up for him again... :roll:

They walk amongst us...

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I think you'll find that she is now worthless to the HS for two reasons.
The footy season is about to start so that's what will make them money, and secondly they would be spewig with her that she did the 60 minutes story.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Sheahan really had it in for St Kilda and Plugger (the real Plugger, that is) in the early 1990s. His constant efforts to portray Lockett as the devil incarnate might have been one of the reasons the big man chose to flee to Sydney. I'll never forget one article where Sheahan claimed Lockett represented everything that was bad in football while Gary Ablett (Snr) represented everything that was good.

Naturally Lockett underwent some sort of miraculous transformation once he pulled on a Swans guernsey.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Sheahan really had it in for St Kilda and Plugger (the real Plugger, that is) in the early 1990s. His constant efforts to portray Lockett as the devil incarnate might have been one of the reasons the big man chose to flee to Sydney. I'll never forget one article where Sheahan claimed Lockett represented everything that was bad in football while Gary Ablett (Snr) represented everything that was good.

Naturally Lockett underwent some sort of miraculous transformation once he pulled on a Swans guernsey.
Well he kinda did.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Thinline wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Sheahan really had it in for St Kilda and Plugger (the real Plugger, that is) in the early 1990s. His constant efforts to portray Lockett as the devil incarnate might have been one of the reasons the big man chose to flee to Sydney. I'll never forget one article where Sheahan claimed Lockett represented everything that was bad in football while Gary Ablett (Snr) represented everything that was good.

Well he kinda did.
I've heard this comparison really gave Tony the s***s as Ablett's personal problems weren't exactly a secret, even back then.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

give him time

Another opportunity awaits!
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Thinline wrote:

Well he kinda did.
No, I'm not convinced. I could be wrong, but I think stats show Lockett's goal average was slightly lower at the Swans than it was at the Saints. And as for his tribunal record ... well, there was Chris Grant decked behind play and plenty of other incidents that somehow escaped suspension once the big bloke became so important to the AFL's expansion.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:No, I'm not convinced. I could be wrong, but I think stats show Lockett's goal average was slightly lower at the Swans than it was at the Saints.
yup.

saints: games 183, goals 898 = average 4.91 per game
swans: games 98, goals 462 = average 4.71 per game

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Now people lay off Mike. What he's saying is that the Hun has wiped it's arse on the Saints reputation, now it's footy season there is heaps of paper filler.

On the Lockett thing, I can't stand how it was portrayed by the media as Lockett getting all mature once he left our rabble. Or could it be favourable reportage gave him a fair go.

Same for B Hall.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

gringo wrote:Now people lay off Mike. What he's saying is that the Hun has wiped it's arse on the Saints reputation, now it's footy season there is heaps of paper filler.

On the Lockett thing, I can't stand how it was portrayed by the media as Lockett getting all mature once he left our rabble. Or could it be favourable reportage gave him a fair go.

Same for B Hall.
I reckon Plugger was given a better go from the umpires at Sydney.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

PS Mike Sheahan is a tool.

I mean, he's named Buddy as no. 1 player FFS.

Buddy only had one great year, when he was the 'century man', and I'm not referring to goals.

The Hawks took their chances and won a Flag. Good luck to them.

Unfortunately 2 1/2 years later, they don't have the same team and the rules and tactics in the game have changed a lot.

Won't win another flag for at least 10 years from now.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Some forumites have labelled him an 'expert'

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Some forumites have labelled him an 'expert'
YES

X = An unknown comodoty

Spurt = A drip under pressure

!!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

matrix
Saintsational Legend