Only One Has Cred Intact

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Only One Has Cred Intact

For those who didn't hear Sly of the Underworld back in January, go here, find the podcast from Jan 12th, and progress to the 1:16:30 mark.

http://www.3aw.f2.com.au/Podcast/Feeds/22.xml

There you will hear a couple of minutes of the only media commentary worth a pinch of cocky shyte on the whole sorry saga beaten up by a media horde that has no decency, empathy, ethical base, investigative capability or honesty. Modern media is populated by "gotcha" rumour mongers, incapable of working their way through a set of facts, evaluating available evidence and reaching a reasonable conclusion. So called reporters are simply employed to provide a scant outline of snippets to feed their brethren in the shock jock commentariat, so they may rant on their subjects of choice i.e. anybody they can defame, mischaracterise, misquote and, ultimately, USE to their ultimate objective of retaining their spot on the totem pole of opinionated misanthropes.

Or, to put that another way, prove that they are a bigger a'hole than the coots trying to climb over them.

The whole sorry lot of titallation junkies should have a listen to what Sly said on January 12th. They should reflect....but, they won't. Not a snowflakes hope in Hades of any of 'em looking inward for a change, to see if the way they go about things might unreasonably impugn and damage the innocent, or the not proven guilty, at least.

Nah, the media caravan has already moved on. Their will be no apology, their will be no "I was wrong" from any of them. It was their own narcisscism that drew them to the 17 y.o. narcissist. And, narcissists don't apologise, they don't admit error. They deflect, avoid, dodge and they move on.

In that 2 minutes on Jan 12th, Sly stood above the pack and said how it was and how it should be. He was principled and prescient.

He should take a bow and, as he rises, raise his middle finger to the rest of the media.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Grievous

For sure. Here's a transcript:

Wednesday 12th January- 3AW Breakfast
Ross: OK, 21 after 8
Sly: You are wise, gentlemen, tell me what you think about the story of this 17 year old girl who persists in her allegations against the St Kilda footballers because what happened is that she came forward to the mainstream media, she went to The Age, The Herald Sun, and indeed 3AW, with these photos.. all the mainstream media looked at this and said she's unreliable, she's unstable, and she's a minor- we are not going to add oxygen to this case what so ever. Then she goes on Facebook and releases these pictures and all of a sudden she's a celebrity, all of a sudden she's a source reliable enough to be quoted, when in fact she has lied, and she has said that she was involved in taking the photos and they were taken in a Melbourne city hotel, all of this is false, so she is without credit, and yet when she goes to St Kilda Football Club with some hand made posters it's treated as news rather than a fairly ham fisted publicity stunt. This will end badly. This girl is being exploited by the media
Ross: Can I ask you a question? Do you think that she should be interviewed by the media?
Sly: Under no circumstances. She is without credibility, that is not her fault she's a disturbed person. But she makes allegations about real people. Now the fact of the matter is the media decided not to quote her a month ago, she hasn't changed, she's only got worse and now she's a celebrity. I think it's time to move on.
Ross: Move on from the media sense, the media do not.. what has happened is that you're starting to see her pixelated face as she makes statements on the television news, she does radio interviews, you're saying that the media should move on and not interview her?
Sly: I think she's been exploited by the end of this, she's going to be left to pick up the pieces... in two or ten years time... These matters have been before court, certain matters have been suppressed... we're not helping her at all, it is pure titillation.

Fidelis
Club Player

Absolutely agree TOT.

Sly effectively says (8 weeks ago) that when KD originally shopped the story around media outlets, the consensus was that she was unstable, unreliable and underage and that no-one would benefit from giving it air. He argues that her subsequent facebook posting should not have changed that judgement. The media frenzy that followed was entirely about titillation and nought about public interest.

8 weeks on, he looks very wise.

Faithful Even Unto Death