Raph Clarke.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Raph Clarke.

Wooooaaaahhh, a thread has just been locked about Raph Clarke..I apoligize if I may have had something to do with it's demise but this player really does need to be talked about so I hope this remains.

In the Past after a few fair games fans have jumped on some sort of Raph wagon, i suppose in a desperate attempt in hope of him finally coming good.
everyone on here wants and hopes that all our players progress but I'm afraid Raph is more a liability than a plus and that has been the way for the majority of his presence on the field.
debate.

This thread is about Raph Clarke.knowing only to well that he isn't our only problem.
Last edited by The Fireman on Sat 05 Mar 2011 6:08pm, edited 3 times in total.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Can mark, can run, can kick (and he can)... Drawback is decision making...

Lets hope he gets into some rhythm as he has played only three games of football over the last 8 months.

My prediction - He will be awesome this year.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

That's my hope...but not my prediction.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Can mark, can run, can kick (and he can)... Drawback is decision making...

Lets hope he gets into some rhythm as he has played only three games of football over the last 8 months.

My prediction - He will be awesome this year.
Spot on with your appraisal especially about the decision making , the one thing I believe is that he has had long enough to get on top of that. Look at all our other player, now have a think about their decision making and how long it took to evolve .

PS can't agree with the highlighted.

Middo
Club Player

Not gunna cut it ...wonder if he was up for trade would there be any takers ..?

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

why pick on raph....or single him out from last night...

geary, peake, dempster,and mini were far worse.......mini performance was actually disgraceful......others to have bad games were smith archer and joey.....but hey...no threads on them.....

..no wonder his mother told him never to visit this site......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

There's a thread on Geary.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:There's a thread on Geary.

sorry...there is too.... :oops:
Last edited by stinger on Sat 05 Mar 2011 6:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:why pick on raph....or single him out from last night...

geary, peake, dempster,and mini were far worse.......mini performance was actually disgraceful......others to have bad games were smith archer and joey.....but hey...no threads on them.....

..no wonder his mother told him never to visit this site......

This is a continuation of the Raph thread initially stating that he had a terrific night two weeks ago. One that went on a tangent because posters claimed that every criticism of the bloke was racist based.

There is a thread on Geary.

There is a thread on McQualter.

And if you want my thoughts on Peake? Well... I try not to say certain players shouldnt be on the list fullstop, so I wont.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Just edited initial post...I thought I had put it in.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

okay...i will give you my thoughts on raph.......

he is a very skillful footballer....third best natural footballer at the club, if you want my opinion.....only behind bj and roo.....faster than he looks.....can play forward or back..just lacks confidence and belief in his abilities after being slammed on this forum and by so called"saints supporters", from the outset, who in reality are just armchair warriors, lacking any of raph's natural abilities....most..if not all would never have played the game at afl level....

injuries have also played a significant part in his lack of development......the upside is that ross....and thousands of supporters love him and wish him well.....and are just dying to see him blossom...which he will do this year....

...if he had played in he first grand final last year.....imhfo...we would now have two premiership cups instead of one..

...well that's my opinion...and i'm sticking to it..... :wink: :lol:

i love the guy....in a manly way of course

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:.just lacks confidence and belief in his abilities after being slammed on this forum and by so called"saints supporters", from the outset, who in reality are just armchair warriors, lacking any of raph's natural abilities....most..if not all would never have played the game at afl level....
Please tell me you are taking the piss here.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Raph had a poor game last night and deserves critisism.

He is not above it. No player is. Riewoldt had a shocking game last night, Dal Santo was and continues to be a disappointment, McQualter was abysmal, Peake, a sheilas blouse who still thinks he can play like a Fremantle shirt lifter...... the list goes on.

The reason people defend Clarke is because he is unfairly maligned by the ignorant and scapegoated, even to the extent of when Gwilt made a mistake I heard some halfwit screaming abuse towards Raph (i suppose this loser thinks all blacks are the same hey? :roll: )

What infuriates many is that if he plays well (as he has done in some huge games - see 2009 PF for instance) we hear nothing from the abusers, but he has a down game (with a whole bunch of mates) and he is ALWAYS singled out.

And I think there are some who do go for him because he is aboriginal, but as i say the ignorant the lazy and the stupid.

Critisism on performance is welcome, on the person NOT.

I am sure everyone should agree on that.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

There is a reason he got a lot of the ball early, nobody else wanted it much.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
stinger wrote:.just lacks confidence and belief in his abilities after being slammed on this forum and by so called"saints supporters", from the outset, who in reality are just armchair warriors, lacking any of raph's natural abilities....most..if not all would never have played the game at afl level....
I thought I had seen everything on this forum but there you go....

What twaddle.

If he cannot stand the critique, he needs to find another occupation. Even then, if he does not complete his role in a decent fashion, he will be open to criticism. That's life.

His game was rubbish. His disposal was absolutely sub-par for a suburban club and completely unacceptable for this team. Lets be realistic for heavens sake.

The MAN can play and has talent coming out his ears but holy hell he can cough it up like he was in the under 11's.

The guy is unfortunately the whipping boy and will cop it no matter what. We have all heart the completely ignorant crap from the crowd when he gets the ball. The only way he can turn it around is by staying fit and actually lifting to a much higher standard. Consistantly. One game out of ten is not good enough.

He was not the lone ranger last night. There were probably a dozen others who barely had a crack. Raph opens himself up to the criticism by just repeatedly making skill errors that are just not acceptable.

The other Raph thread on the board at the moment pretty appalling.

I see Raph in our best 22 and I am still confident he can be an above average player. His game last night was a howler. Plain and simple.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:Not gunna cut it ...wonder if he was up for trade would there be any takers ..?
He wasn't, but great to get your input Middo.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St Lenny
Club Player

Am absolutely chooking on the thought that Raph is better than Lenny or Sam F, or Sam G for that matter. You have to be kidding me :shock: THat is total BS in my book and an insult to those guys. Raph has had PLENTY of time to prove himself. Yes, I know about the injuries, BUT how long does he get. His decison making is WOEFUL and he has not learnt. Simply put, he is not an instinctive player and if he hasnt learnt that with the amount of time he has been at St Kilda, I dont think he ever will.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:Am absolutely chooking on the thought that Raph is better than Lenny or Sam F, or Sam G for that matter. You have to be kidding me :shock: THat is total BS in my book and an insult to those guys. Raph has had PLENTY of time to prove himself. Yes, I know about the injuries, BUT how long does he get. His decison making is WOEFUL and he has not learnt. Simply put, he is not an instinctive player and if he hasnt learnt that with the amount of time he has been at St Kilda, I dont think he ever will.
If we are to win a GF Raph will be part of it.

Some of you have no idea about footy whatsoever. You want robots that never make mistakes? Go watch the movies instead. I'll take a player with skill willing to take the game on any day.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
St Lenny wrote:Am absolutely chooking on the thought that Raph is better than Lenny or Sam F, or Sam G for that matter. You have to be kidding me :shock: THat is total BS in my book and an insult to those guys. Raph has had PLENTY of time to prove himself. Yes, I know about the injuries, BUT how long does he get. His decison making is WOEFUL and he has not learnt. Simply put, he is not an instinctive player and if he hasnt learnt that with the amount of time he has been at St Kilda, I dont think he ever will.

Some of you have no idea about footy whatsoever. You want robots that never make mistakes? Go watch the movies instead. I'll take a player with skill willing to take the game on any day.
+1
Anyone notice Chips decision making?
Easy target, lots of balls being potted over the pocket in this thread.

St Lenny
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:

No, I don't expect players NOT to make mistakes, you are presuming alot. Raph must have had about 8 clangers last night, including knocking our SF. Just being realistic. I would LOVE the guy to do well. But I think he is to much of a "nice guy", just doesn't have it in him.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:Am absolutely chooking on the thought that Raph is better than Lenny or Sam F, or Sam G for that matter. You have to be kidding me :shock: THat is total BS in my book and an insult to those guys..

you thick or something...i said third best natural footballer.....he has more natural skills......i didn't say he was a better footballer than those guys...he's not...doesn't have lenny's determination or drive for starters....f*** me.....i hate trying to talk to stupid people.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
I thought I had seen everything on this forum but there you go....

What twaddle

The guy is unfortunately the whipping boy and will cop it no matter what. We have all heart the completely ignorant crap from the crowd when he gets the ball. .
yep...he sure is.......you say it's twaddle then bolster my argument by the last para above...anyway...you guys have short memories...even his mothert said he was devestated a couple of years ago because of the crap posted on here about him......how would you feel if it was you...or your kid.ffs.....stick by what i said...don't agree...i couldn't give a tupenny f***..... :twisted: :evil:

St Lenny
Club Player

stinger wrote:
St Lenny wrote:Am absolutely chooking on the thought that Raph is better than Lenny or Sam F, or Sam G for that matter. You have to be kidding me :shock: THat is total BS in my book and an insult to those guys..

you thick or something...i said third best natural footballer.....he has more natural skills......i didn't say he was a better footballer than those guys...he's not...doesn't have lenny's determination or drive for starters....f*** me.....i hate trying to talk to stupid people.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ditto, I hate talking to stupid people also. Pig headed who think they know everything. Its a bloody forum, entitled to my own opinions like you are. And guess what, you dont know it all.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

well...learn to read clown....don't attribute to me things i didn't say......then you will have no reason to chook......whatever that means... :roll: :roll:

Middo
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Middo wrote:Not gunna cut it ...wonder if he was up for trade would there be any takers ..?
He wasn't, but great to get your input Middo.
Your Welcome...

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!