Winmar Resources

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Winmar Resources

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busines ... 6013131009

BILLIONAIRE miner Andrew "Twiggy" Forrest, federal Liberal MP Malcolm Turnbull and former NSW premier Neville Wran are among the heavyweight backers of a Pilbara iron ore explorer that will list on the Australian Securities Exchange today.

It is understood Mr Forrest has tipped $25,000 of his savings into the float of Winmar Resources, which is named after former AFL champion Nicky Winmar.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

I trust they are paying a % to Nicky for use of his name. I know he could do with an extra dollar or two.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:I trust they are paying a % to Nicky for use of his name. I know he could do with an extra dollar or two.
Yes, you would certainly hope/expect so.

secretsaint

interesting - considering his current employment :D

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

secretsaint wrote:interesting - considering his current employment :D
The ASX has gone into meltdown today and has ceassed trading due to irregularities.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

For those interested, the share opened at 27.5c per share and is still 27.5c per share at the time the ASX stopped trading.

The shares were issued to shareholders at 20c per share, not a bad liittle first day profit.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote:The shares were issued to shareholders at 20c per share, not a bad liittle first day profit.
if you're focused on first day profits then you're doing it wrong.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
Selhurst Saint wrote:The shares were issued to shareholders at 20c per share, not a bad liittle first day profit.
if you're focused on first day profits then you're doing it wrong.
I agree, but the share rising on the first day beats the hell out of it going down.

Winmar
Club Player

What a marvellous name!