Media's obsession with St Kilda

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Media's obsession with St Kilda

Why on the cover of the HS above the Ricky Nixon headline is there a big Saints logo?

Why is this bint referred to as the 'St Kilda Schoolgirl'? Is she our property? She's no longer at school and she hasn't just given her favours to player(s) from our club.

I'm really SICK of this.

But have you considered that all this bile and hatred from the HS, Caro, Hinch, 'Quarterbrain" Quartermain (I saw him smirking a few weeks ago reading a story about the latest Saints saga) and the rest will backfire?

We are getting so much free publicity out of this. There is a possibility that game attendances could go up......maybe memberships too? Merchandising...There's now overseas interest in us.

Our logo is being constantly shown and we have great 'visibility'.
You may disagree with this, but I think that although people won't forget about the bint, once the real footy starts she'll fade into the background. But everyone will remember the saints logo and the name 'St Kilda'. We get mentioned more than Collingwood (I mean why would you put a Collingwood logo on a newspaper...it would turn off most neutral fans).

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Batnoe
Club Player

Take it. It's getting our brand out there. If we win the GF many non AFL teams will know us. Great for growth

Carn Saints
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Agree but you gotta hand it to the facebook revolution in Egypt.

Our flag (which they stole!) has never had so much PR!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Take it. It's getting our brand out there. If we win the GF many non AFL teams will know us. Great for growth
Brand??

Dirtiest football word ever...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Fidelis
Club Player

I've got to say that The Age's caption this morning "St Kilda player manager falls to photo scandal girl" was a bit rich. And then to follow it up with "St Kilda player manager Ricky Nixon has put his club back in the headlines admitting "inappropriate dealings" with the naked photo scandal girl." smacks of them choosing to sensationalize at the expense of fact.

The implication is that yet another employee of the club has been caught up in a sex scandal. Am I being too sensitive?

Faithful Even Unto Death
matrix
Saintsational Legend

speaking of bint
how long is she staying somewhere with our club copping the farking bill???

has it been a month?
if so she should be all sorted, got her s*** together and moved on

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Regardless of whether or not he had an affair with a damaged 17-year-old who is no longer being housed by St Kilda but, in recent days, by News Ltd, it is apparent he is not in a fit state to be handling the affairs of young men.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 1b0fx.html

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
matrix
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:ask robyn riley at 11am

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion-old ... 6008739336
Read through her comments and just wasted 20 min of my life. She did not have one intelligent thing to say; not one.

She should have a tshirt made up for her that says: "My name is Robyn Rilley and I'm DUMB!"

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
matrix wrote:ask robyn riley at 11am

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion-old ... 6008739336
Read through her comments and just wasted 20 min of my life. She did not have one intelligent thing to say; not one.

She should have a tshirt made up for her that says: "My name is Robyn Rilley and I'm DUMB!"

Just change it to 'Robyns t-shirt'.

They walk amongst us...

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

That's what I mean...how many times can they put the words "St Kilda" in an article about a bloke who is not employed by the St Kilda Football Club?

Anyway, the stupid assh*les, including Robyn Riley are giving us so much free publicity.

Clubs like Nth Melbourne are desperate to get themselves in the papers.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
therabbitinthehat
Club Player

Last year the girl fell pregnant with twins to St Kilda's Sam Gilbert. One twin was miscarried, the other was stillborn.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/b ... 1b11a.html

umm, thats an interesting claim - also unproven. If I were Sam I'd be going after a lot of money on that piece of 'journalism'

chook23
Saintsational Legend

therabbitinthehat wrote:
Last year the girl fell pregnant with twins to St Kilda's Sam Gilbert. One twin was miscarried, the other was stillborn.

umm, thats an interesting claim - also unproven. If I were Sam I'd be going after a lot of money on that piece of 'journalism'
does anyone check what these journos state as fact.....

since when was that claim FACT

saint4life
Grimfang
Club Player

therabbitinthehat wrote:

She has amazing powers of recovery, apparently. Slept with a Collingwood player the day after miscarrying the first twin. Had a c-section to remove the second twin and was out running 4 days afterwards. That info comes from her social media pages by the way (probably deleted by now as she's getting a bit more savvy).

Don't believe she was ever pregnant. That was her getting back at Sam for breaking it off when he found out she was 16.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Grimfang wrote:
therabbitinthehat wrote:

She has amazing powers of recovery, apparently. Slept with a Collingwood player the day after miscarrying the first twin. Had a c-section to remove the second twin and was out running 4 days afterwards. That info comes from here social media pages by the way (probably deleted by now as she's getting a bit more savvy).

Don't believe she was ever pregnant. That was her getting back at Sam for breaking it off when he found out she was 16.
Even that idiot Hinch had to back down from that statement, which he had previously included in one of his blogs.

In backing down, he admitted that there was no proof.

Now surely if this "girl" had some proof then Hinch would have seen it!

philtee
Club Player

The self-justifying editorial in today's Herald Sun is good for a laugh -

"Throughout this saga, the Herald Sun has always addressed the girl's wellbeing as the No.1 priority."

And -
"She is the child, he is the adult with all the power."

The priorities of the Herald Sun are to sell papers and advertising, anything else is a long 3rd place. At the moment,
KD and the HS are using each other to meet their own agendas. Watching them is a bit like watching two hyenas circling a carcasse, each with
one eye on the other.

KD is taking full advantage of the anonymity provided by the law to minors. Won't this situation change when she turns 18?
Will it then be her image and intimate details across the front pages ?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

philtee wrote:The self-justifying editorial in today's Herald Sun is good for a laugh -

"Throughout this saga, the Herald Sun has always addressed the girl's wellbeing as the No.1 priority."

And -
"She is the child, he is the adult with all the power."

The priorities of the Herald Sun are to sell papers and advertising, anything else is a long 3rd place. At the moment,
KD and the HS are using each other to meet their own agendas. Watching them is a bit like watching two hyenas circling a carcasse, each with
one eye on the other.

KD is taking full advantage of the anonymity provided by the law to minors. Won't this situation change when she turns 18?
Will it then be her image and intimate details across the front pages ?
That is such crap (by the HS not you philtee :wink: )

Up until now SHE has had all the power.

She has been tweeting whatever she wants to, psoting whatever she wants to. All with the support of Derryn Hinch, Robyn Riley etc.

The AFL, Saints & Saints players have been almost mute as they seek to maintain some damage control and not upset sponsors.

However she may now have picked a fight with some one who will fight back. May not have been a real smart move by KD.

philtee
Club Player

Exactly Dr Spaceman. If Ricky Nixon is the adult with all the power, why is he the one with his pants down, Malcolm Fraser style,
being held up for public ridicule, seemingly unable to do much about it, while a certain young lady has the media jumping through her hoops ?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

philtee wrote:Exactly Dr Spaceman. If Ricky Nixon is the adult with all the power, why is he the one with his pants down, Malcolm Fraser style,
being held up for public ridicule, seemingly unable to do much about it, while a certain young lady has the media jumping through her hoops ?
There's been a lot jumping through her hoops by the looks of things.\

Tish boom.

Query: She is a minor seemingly out of school, living unsupervised, exhibiting some fairly ordinary behaviour - why aren't Dept Comm Serv all over her like a rash?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

philtee wrote:The self-justifying editorial in today's Herald Sun is good for a laugh -

Oh yes, they are so concerned they will have a piece on her everyday...which is clearly in the best interests of her well being... cos not being written about can be fatal in these extreme cases.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

The constant attempts from the herald sun and other media outlets to drag this club into a quagmire will probably backfire.

They are in fact turning stkilda into an Australian sporting behemoth.

Not only do we want to see us play but all opposition supporters are going to look forward to seeing this amazing team that pulses culture, personality, sometimes controversy. Players who resemble greek gods (Riewoldt), players who are actually Gods (Goddard).

Most exciting and interesting sporting club in Australia. Attendances will go up.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:The constant attempts from the herald sun and other media outlets to drag this club into a quagmire will probably backfire.

They are in fact turning stkilda into an Australian sporting behemoth.

Not only do we want to see us play but all opposition supporters are going to look forward to seeing this amazing team that pulses culture, personality, sometimes controversy. Players who resemble greek gods (Riewoldt), players who are actually Gods (Goddard).

Most exciting and interesting sporting club in Australia. Attendances will go up.
Ralphsmith I think you are spot on the money. Please do me a favour and send this thread to someone in the marketing department at the club. Loving this press now. Seriously.

westy
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Agree but you gotta hand it to the facebook revolution in Egypt.

Our flag (which they stole!) has never had so much PR!
I hope we can summon as much power as the masses did in Egypt. It was great to the colours every night on the TV too.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
stinger
Saintsational Legend

waching one of tonight many stories on this sorry affair..(ch7)...they shoot the girl from behind playing with her phone...over a copy of one of our scum daylies with a front page photo of nick....f****** turds....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Herald sun website still links the "stkilda photo scandal timeline" to this. Had to get our name in