When is the ANNOUNCEMENT? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

When is the ANNOUNCEMENT? !!

Does anyone know when the official announcement is going to be to announce that our MAJOR SPOPNSOR for 2011-???? is CENTREBET? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Let's open a book on it.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

You betcha!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

2-1!!

Another opportunity awaits!
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

2-1!!

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

2-1!!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Too close to call......

......hold all tickets!

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

May not happen. Club carefully considering fall out from media, members and other sponsors. Can we afford another devisive issue?

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Friday maybe?

See us run out with the announcement of who it is.

They walk amongst us...

chook23
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:May not happen. Club carefully considering fall out from media, members and other sponsors. Can we afford another devisive issue?
Would seem odd if media had a crack given 2 corporate partners with AFL are

Tab sportsbet

betfair........

(and betfair is all over the screens at the footy...almost to point of annoyance)

saint4life
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

if there is a member and / or sponsor backlash ... the media will swoop and claim the club is in "tatters" and "imploding"

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

"Saints Nude Scandal Girl Slams Wrong Bet"

There's your headline...

It'll be in the 'Most Viewed Stories" section for a month, guaranteed.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:May not happen. Club carefully considering fall out from media, members and other sponsors. Can we afford another devisive issue?
Would seem odd if media had a crack given 2 corporate partners with AFL are

Tab sportsbet

betfair........

(and betfair is all over the screens at the footy...almost to point of annoyance)
not as bad as 'sa-ka-ta' ....

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Very interesting indeed. Time will tell !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Betting is legal and regulated. It's true that some people have problems with it, but no one's forcing them to bet.

Some have problems with alcohol, but it wouldn't faze me in the least if we were sponsored by Carlton & United Breweries.

We should go for it. That's my two bobs worth.
Last edited by bigcarl on Thu 17 Feb 2011 10:18am, edited 1 time in total.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

You're dreaming. When has a club ever knocked back a major sponsorship? The're not a brothel.

I will give you 100-1.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

I think the announcement will be a photo-finish........ or finish with a photo....... or something like that.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

I will take $10 at 100-1. My form is pretty good and my mail is excellent. No sponsor on NAB Cup strip. What I said was true as of Friday. Who knows what has happened this week!

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

In all seriousness, what does it matter if Centrebet sponsor us?

At every quarter break, and pre-game in the footy on the big screens the Betfair odds come up. Including first goalkicker etc. in the pre-game too. Likewise on the TV, the TAB Sportsbet odds come up on the coverage (for 10 and Foxtel at least, I'm not sure if it's the same with Channel 7).

The Saints are coming!
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

BackFromUSA wrote:INo sponsor on NAB Cup strip. What I said was true as of Friday. Who knows what has happened this week!
I must be seeing things then as clearly there is a major sponsor for the NAB Cup.. Linen House has been our preseason sponsor all along...

StSteven
Club Player

Club keeping a poker face on this one.

jmac101
Club Player

in reply to the poster who called for sensible discussion - i think it matters because it's an issue that seriously matters to a lot of people who might be tossing up whether to become a member. also other sponsors might consider more negative reactions to st kilda football club as the final straw. whether those people are right or wrong the fact that they exist in society means that their concerns need to be taken seriously.

it is irrelevant whether people 'should' have a problem with it. the reality is that a lot of people will have a problem. the club can probably do without having to expend the effort required in defending this decision. it is better to have a sponsor that causes no negative backlash than to respond to a backlash by calling people 'moral police'. calling out people with genuine grievances as 'moral police' would be a public relations disaster.

i also think the attitude of some posters towards the issue of gambling advertising in sport has been rather simplistic and disappointing. you are entitled to your views, but the arguments against having gambling advertising in sport are equally strong. thank goodness the people making decisions at our mighty football club can see the bigger picture and are considering the wider view. if they decide to go with centrebet in the end i am satisfied now that it is a considered decision that has included the potential for backlash. to go through that process is the smartest thing to do.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Could it be that there is another, less controversial potential sponsor in the mix? Or could it be that St George Bank or UD trucks might want to step UP? !!

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

It could be that it takes time to finalize a deal as big as this one....

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Could it be that there is another, less controversial potential sponsor in the mix? Or could it be that St George Bank or UD trucks might want to step UP? !!
Let's see where else a badge could fit.

First it was the front of the jumper, then the shorts, then the back of the jumper. Where next?

They walk amongst us...