Revenge is a dish best served cold

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

taz
Club Player

Revenge is a dish best served cold

It should be clear to anyone that the release of the photographs has upset the Saints players involved. As such, I am dumbfounded as to how and why any genuine St Kilda supporter could get any satisfaction in adding to the torment being generated by the media and supporters of other teams. In particular I am referring to the immature and puerile quips and sniggers scattered amongst the submissions on this forum.

It is absolutely ridiculous to suggest that the players involved should be able to take and stomach the torment and ridicule being meted out to them. The simple fact is that these are fantastic young men who probably carry all the uncertainties and self doubts of other young men of their age. It doesn't take much thought to appreciate the fear and trepidation that some may have regarding the torment that will be dished out to them during the course of the year to the extent that it is not inconceivable that some may even be questioning whether it's all worthwhile and whether they would be better served out of the game and out of the spotlight. In the circumstances I would strongly urge all genuine supporters to fully and wholeheartedly support the players involved!

To those on the "other side" I relish the day when I can thank YOU for the ongoing torment and ridicule that served only to temper and harden the players determination and resolve to win the flag in 2011……. remember revenge is a dish best served cold.

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Excellent post Taz - agree wholehartedly.
To all genuine Saint supporters, let's drop any further discussion on the photoes affair and save fuelling the crap any further.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
OdieCalodie
Club Player

terrific post taz..i completely agree with you.

taz
Club Player

Thanks go go...

Before any Saints supporters make any smart remarks they should bear in mind the players probably read some of these posts and would benefit from knowing that we are right behind all the way ...rather than taking the weak option of joining the taunting twits....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

taz wrote:Thanks go go...

Before any Saints supporters make any smart remarks they should bear in mind the players probably read some of these posts and would benefit from knowing that we are right behind all the way ...rather than taking the weak option of joining the taunting twits....
Are you serious? If they read this crap we are in real trouble.

taz
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

fair call

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Rubbish.

If they read this crap, and followed the advice, they'd all be Premiership players by now :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Rubbish.

If they read this crap, and followed the advice, they'd all be Premiership players by now :wink:
Yep sorry I forgot. I remember you posting before the first GF that they should kick one more point than they think they should.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Don't worry Taz, I am sure when the real stuff starts, all Saints supporters will show their support very vocally.
However, I should also warn Saints fans that opposition supporters will throw barbs regarding the photo's at them.
That is when we should use the clever barbs back at the opposition supporters. I wouldnot like to see any Saint supporter being thrown out, or arrested at any of our games becuase of this.
Roo set a great example, let's try and follow it.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

can't recall commenting on the photos at all really....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

You mean they don't?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
philtee
Club Player

Nice post Taz. The players will be copping it over the boundary fence for the first few matches, so they need to know they have our support.

Meanwhile, I dread to think what will happen if a certain young lady turns up at (a) Family Day, (b) the first NAB Cup match, (c)the first H and A match.
It would be ideal if the Club could arrange for an intervention order to keep her away from the Club's venues.

From the Victorian Legal Aid website on stalking intervention orders -

"Stalking is when someone repeatedly contacts another person or behaves in a way that makes them feel scared, distressed or fear for their safety.
A stalker can be anyone, not just a family member or someone you know.

A person may be stalking you if they want to cause you physical or mental harm by:

•following or watching you
•going to or hanging around your home, work or any other place you regularly visit
•contacting you in any way, including by post, telephone, fax, text message, or email
•putting information online about you"
etc

I would suggest the Club or individuals have half a case.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

certainly worthwhile post. for example i started a post on riewoldt playing full forward and hardly anyone read or replied to it. yet the thread on riewoldt going to a fish and chip shop got many more views and replies. so people seem much more interested in gossip threads than footy ones.

in my opinion the players have nothing to be ashamed of. theyve done nothing illegal or wrong . only gilbo should be a little ashamed of his actions.
the other guys should tell everyone where to go. so what if they have knobs? whats the big deal. who cares.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Con Gorozidis wrote:certainly worthwhile post. for example i started a post on riewoldt playing full forward and hardly anyone read or replied to it. yet the thread on riewoldt going to a fish and chip shop got many more views and replies. so people seem much more interested in gossip threads than footy ones.

in my opinion the players have nothing to be ashamed of. theyve done nothing illegal or wrong . only gilbo should be a little ashamed of his actions.
the other guys should tell everyone where to go. so what if they have knobs? whats the big deal. who cares.
You're the man, Con.

I reckon we should all turn up to the first game butt naked, to show our support for Roo and Dal.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.