Riewoldt scuffle - The Age

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldt scuffle - The Age

Solar
Saintsational Legend

no suprise there, the way some act at the football. Lucky it aint the 70's or the guys might be sporting a black eye.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintlee
Club Player

So 2 blokes start giving Nick grief over the nude photo scandal while he picks up dinner.....wow, what a story!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:So 2 blokes start giving Nick grief over the nude photo scandal while he picks up dinner.....wow, what a story!
Front page in the Hun tomorrow.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Sadly this is the sort of stuff he will have to put up with for at least the rest of his career. He could have been forgiven for belting them but thankfully he put the club first.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintlee
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:Sadly this is the sort of stuff he will have to put up with for at least the rest of his career. He could have been forgiven for belting them but thankfully he put the club first.
Yeah, and he still cops the cry baby tag from the 2005 broken collarbone incident.....poor guy seems to cop it more than most....

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Sadly this is the sort of stuff he will have to put up with for at least the rest of his career. He could have been forgiven for belting them but thankfully he put the club first.
Yeah, and he still cops the cry baby tag from the 2005 broken collarbone incident.....poor guy seems to cop it more than most....
Tall poppy syndrome. It's pathetic.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Serves himself right for living inner-city.

If he got his tea from the Domino's in Belvedere he would be worshipped not taunted. Just around the corner from the new training centre.

Inner-city living has its drawbacks..... far too many bogans about.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

He will cop it much worse when the real season starts, every opposition fan on the boundary, every player on the field will try and affect him psychologically with this nude photo crap.

There will be all manner of brainless angry boofs ready to unleash it on the champ.

It will be an interesting season. Wouldn't it be great if he just strides out week after week and rips opposition teams to pieces to shut them the f*** up?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:He will cop it much worse when the real season starts, every opposition fan on the boundary, every player on the field will try and affect him psychologically with this nude photo crap.

There will be all manner of brainless angry boofs ready to unleash it on the champ.

It will be an interesting season. Wouldn't it be great if he just strides out week after week and rips opposition teams to pieces to shut them the f*** up?
Can it get any worse though?

Credit to St Kilda, the bubble has evolved to the point where I truly believe that this stuff only strengthens their resolve.

Not saying it's not potentially hurtful, but the ability to concentrate on what the people within the club think of you, is amazing stuff to witness.

Ross Lyon is made out to be difficult to work with, but he seems capable of emphasising the importance of reality over perception, no fluff or nonsense.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I checked out the HS

Club could make a stand here, send any media person from this publication home, or should they just continue to cop it?

That being said, the Age led with a similar headline.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx

the thing is no matter what Nick did - they would have harrassed him- try to walk past and they possibly crowded him- tried to push through and they may have stood in front of him shoving phone into face

the more he ignores they stronger they possibly felt in their heriocs- defending the ' public right' to have unlimited shctick at a public figure.

I'm guessing if Nick had said "let me show you this one..." and had one of them there would have been lawsuits immediatley....

say nothing - your 'soft';- say something- your thin skinned ;do nothing- your weak; do something your a bully;

Hope for a new AFL scandel- yes please-- and re the other rumour what's the bet ( and I know nothing) but if it involves certain 'angels or little birds or protected species " it doesn't make the middle pages let alone the front page..as babies do- in the middle of a states natural disaster.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
markp
Saintsational Legend

Just like those bouncers, I wonder who they barrack for.... :roll:

If/when it comes to players not even being able to go out in public, or fans having to be permanently segregated... I know which feral slime will have been the main cause.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Serves himself right for living inner-city.

If he got his tea from the Domino's in Belvedere he would be worshipped not taunted. Just around the corner from the new training centre.

Inner-city living has its drawbacks..... far too many bogans about.
Belvedere? Just around the corner from her.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
lurker#134
Club Player

I wouldn't blame him for snotting any of those blokes. But his integrity remains intact and I think we'll see something magical on the field this year.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

How about the 2 guys who just happened to be carrying the photo around with them.

I'm a bit worried about Nick, hoping that these kind of people don't end up cracking onto him!

Sad, sad people.

They walk amongst us...

Munga
Saintsational Legend

He has the patience of a saint not to snap. Love your work Nick 8-)

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Mind you, one would question why two blokes are in proud possession of Nick's picture, not that there's anything wrong with that, but of I we're Nick, I would taunt them back regarding their preferences.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Riewoldt scuffle - The Age

If he can't handle that.........

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintphantom
Club Player

Must be bored over at the Hun...who cares really!!!

Move on please.

Eric Bana Saints Supporter 'Says it all'

'big fucker passes it to the little Fucker, then back to the...f*** I hate it when they do that'
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

surprised it took this long for it to happen.

Was going to happen at some stage.

Given that Rooey (or Big D!ck), didn't snot them, it doesn't leave much incentive for others to try it.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:surprised it took this long for it to happen.

Was going to happen at some stage.

Given that Rooey (or Big D!ck), didn't snot them, it doesn't leave much incentive for others to try it.
Yep he did well. Dont normally call people in the public a disgrace but these blokes. The only thing is Rooy needs to get used to it.

Sainterman
Club Player

He will cop plenty this year, the sad part is he really does not deserve it...he has been so fantastic with supporters and just in general, I really feel for him.

All because an attention seeking and bitter girl could not help herself and took revenge in the most immature manner imaginable. I hope she is today hanging her head in shame and realises the impact of her pathetic actions.

Poor Rooey...but as Plugger says, he is probably going to have to get used to it.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

As embarrassing as it may be for Roo, he should take some pride that his physique is a hell of a lot better than 99% of the half dicks (pun intended) who will give him grief.
Be proud Nick, as I am sure you are, and turn this into a positive.
Just hope he puts a few down in his speech just before he raises the cup.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend