St Kilda AFL team Saints hire publicist after scandal (HS)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda AFL team Saints hire publicist after scandal (HS)

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

well they haven't done their research too well- are they trying to ' maintain the rage'
to keep the fact that some of their reporters/ commentators may have completely misread the situation given something 'juicy' to get followers up...

because Hinch is wavering ........ almost admiting he was wrong....

http://www.hinch.net/hinch-says-2011/Ja ... 01-11.html

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintharvs
Club Player

This is as close to an apology from Hinch as you are going to get. He should do a bit more research before sprouting off in future.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda should really now just shut their mouths on this.

Yes she will continue to moan on - let her. IF she continues to make up lies, show up with stupid stunts the public will innevitably, along with the media, realise this is nothing but attention seeking behaviour.

We are feeding it be bringing in PR Consultants late in the game.

Part of me feels day 1 no press conference for Nick should have been held OR if there had to be one Nick should have simply said "yep, thats me in all my glory being a tad silly after a big footy trip with some others......were we silly?, yep, guilty of anything else ...nup"

Collingwood just goes to ground on this sort of thing...how much of their GF rape case are we hearing?

I was glad the CEO came out and took the line "we will be senitive to all parties from here..." Id take the wind out of this chick by announcing the club has "sought and offered her independent counselling as we dont want the poor kid (cow) spiralling out of control...."

If she refuses, we've done what we can.

Apologies are a private affair between her/Gilbert. Have nothing to do with the club.

“Yeah….nah””
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Most of this article is a rehash of apparent events so far. Again the HS is publishing unsubstantiated rumours... We still haven't had any actual evidence to back up the original pregnancy claims. Do we actually know that it was Gilbert who got this girl pregnant? I don't think that he was her only partner at the time. Was their any paternity tests done? There are many factors regarding this issue that the media are just ignoring in order to keep this story alive, and to keep it front and centre. Imo the alleged claims involving a police officer and Collingwoods involvement are more news worthy.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:Most of this article is a rehash of apparent events so far.
So what's new?

Again the HS is publishing unsubstantiated rumours...
So what's new?

We still haven't had any actual evidence to back up the original pregnancy claims.
She's posted photos of her being 'pregnant' - maybe true maybe not?

Do we actually know that it was Gilbert who got this girl pregnant? I don't think that he was her only partner at the time. Was their any paternity tests done?
This is the only part of the story where there is new information adn the HUN conveniently chose to totally ignore it.
Hinch has blogged that the girl admitted to him she wasn't sure who the father is, despite claiming it was Gilbert, because she had slept with 'several' AFL footballers at that time. Words are chosen by journalists very carefully. If the allaegation was that she'd slept with 2 players, then I'm sur the word 'couple' would have been used. The fact that Hinch chose to use the word 'several' means (IMO) that there were at least 3. Given that she has previously claimed to have sleot with only 2 Saitns that would mean there is a t least 1 player from another Club involved in this.

There are many factors regarding this issue that the media are just ignoring in order to keep this story alive, and to keep it front and centre. Imo the alleged claims involving a police officer and Collingwoods involvement are more news worthy.

philtee
Club Player

To quote Derryn's opinion piece, the girl "risks becoming a media tragic."
A bit like you then, Derryn ?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:St Kilda should really now just shut their mouths on this.

Yes she will continue to moan on - let her. IF she continues to make up lies, show up with stupid stunts the public will innevitably, along with the media, realise this is nothing but attention seeking behaviour.

Part of me feels day 1 no press conference for Nick should have been held OR if there had to be one Nick should have simply said "yep, thats me in all my glory being a tad silly after a big footy trip with some others......were we silly?, yep, guilty of anything else ...nup"

Collingwood just goes to ground on this sort of thing...how much of their GF rape case are we hearing?

I was glad the CEO came out and took the line "we will be senitive to all parties from here..." Id take the wind out of this chick by announcing the club has "sought and offered her independent counselling as we dont want the poor kid (cow) spiralling out of control...."

Apologies are a private affair between her/Gilbert. Have nothing to do with the club.

Totally agree. We were winning the PR war and the more we talk the more we lose.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
Leo.J wrote:Most of this article is a rehash of apparent events so far.
So what's new?

Again the HS is publishing unsubstantiated rumours...
So what's new?

We still haven't had any actual evidence to back up the original pregnancy claims.
She's posted photos of her being 'pregnant' - maybe true maybe not?

Do we actually know that it was Gilbert who got this girl pregnant? I don't think that he was her only partner at the time. Was their any paternity tests done?
This is the only part of the story where there is new information adn the HUN conveniently chose to totally ignore it.
Hinch has blogged that the girl admitted to him she wasn't sure who the father is, despite claiming it was Gilbert, because she had slept with 'several' AFL footballers at that time. Words are chosen by journalists very carefully. If the allaegation was that she'd slept with 2 players, then I'm sur the word 'couple' would have been used. The fact that Hinch chose to use the word 'several' means (IMO) that there were at least 3. Given that she has previously claimed to have sleot with only 2 Saitns that would mean there is a t least 1 player from another Club involved in this.

There are many factors regarding this issue that the media are just ignoring in order to keep this story alive, and to keep it front and centre. Imo the alleged claims involving a police officer and Collingwoods involvement are more news worthy.
So we're in agreance then...

As I've said many times the HS is a glossy cover away from being TV week.

It is a tabloid, not just in size...

When refering to the HS the term news paper should be used loosely.

tab·loid   /ˈtæblɔɪd / [tab-loid]
–noun
1. a newspaper whose pages, usually five columns wide, are about one-half the size of a standard-sized newspaper page.
2. a newspaper this size concentrating on sensational and lurid news, usually heavily illustrated.
3. a short form or version; condensation; synopsis; summary.
–adjective
4. compressed or condensed in or as if in a tabloid: a tabloid article; a tabloid account of the adventure.
5. luridly or vulgarly sensational.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote: So we're in agreance then...
Nope we're in agreement - I hate the word agreance! :)

As for the HUN - it might be nice for them to occasionly post some facts about this sorry saga rather than some 'beliefs' that, IMO, are designed purely to tittilate the reader, and not to be 'newsworthy'.

Maybe I would be more accepting of these 'articles' if they were published as 'opinion pieces' rather than mislabelled as 'news'.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I just dont it. People complain about a paper but it seems that they continue to read it. The way I see it is that the paper isnt going to change how it reports things whatever we do afterall it is biggest selling paper in Australia so why would they change. So the simple answer is dont read the bloody thing. It is really like people who watch big brother all the way through but ring up and complain about the nudity.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Totally agree. We were winning the PR war and the more we talk the more we lose.
and I agree with both of you

St Michele
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:well they haven't done their research too well- are they trying to ' maintain the rage'
to keep the fact that some of their reporters/ commentators may have completely misread the situation given something 'juicy' to get followers up...

because Hinch is wavering ........ almost admiting he was wrong....

http://www.hinch.net/hinch-says-2011/Ja ... 01-11.html
\\

He's wavering so much I can't get his article to load :)

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Who cares about Hinch, he will be dead soon and I wont shed a tear, the man has always disgusted me, ever since he admitted to sleeping with an underage girl when he was 27.

Appalling.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Hinch isn't wavering his lawyers a have suggested a bit late that he may want to tie up the loose threads of his story for the defamation case.

Looks good if he can say yes he made statements to the effect of knowing the father in the case but later stated that it wasn't clear cut.

According to many the father was another Saints footballer, wasn't it?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Who cares about Hinch, he will be dead soon and I wont shed a tear, the man has always disgusted me, ever since he admitted to sleeping with an underage girl when he was 27.

Appalling.
And that incident looks even more appalling and hypocritical today given his attacks on Gilbert & The Saints and his defence of the child:

http://www.hinch.net/articles_archive05 ... istake.htm

"And, to sceptics, let me say this: I had teenagers on my radio programme this week who boasted how they passed themselves off as 25 year olds. How they got into clubs etc. One 14-year-old daughter of a well-known celebrity told me she often managed to pass herself off as a person in her twenties.

In my situation, and some will say I am clutching at straws, I have asked the question: what was the Women’s Weekly doing running lingerie ads of a woman (girl) with a fabulous figure and beautiful face who was only fifteen years old?"

Yes, but she was just a child Derryn!!!

St Michele
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Who cares about Hinch, he will be dead soon and I wont shed a tear, the man has always disgusted me, ever since he admitted to sleeping with an underage girl when he was 27.

Appalling.
And that incident looks even more appalling and hypocritical today given his attacks on Gilbert & The Saints and his defence of the child:

"And, to sceptics, let me say this: I had teenagers on my radio programme this week who boasted how they passed themselves off as 25 year olds. How they got into clubs etc. One 14-year-old daughter of a well-known celebrity told me she often managed to pass herself off as a person in her twenties.

In my situation, and some will say I am clutching at straws, I have asked the question: what was the Women’s Weekly doing running lingerie ads of a woman (girl) with a fabulous figure and beautiful face who was only fifteen years old?"

While I don;t comdone his behaviour he is correct why do magazines run these type of shots utilizing children instead of adult women and also how does any mother let her young daughter do this type of thing.

Michele
St Michele
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Appalling.

While I don't condone his behaviour he is correct why do magazines run these type of shots utilizing children instead of adult women and also how does any mother let her young daughter do this type of thing.

Michele
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

so are we going to be headlines every time the Club employ a new groundsman?
Last edited by saintbrat on Sat 15 Jan 2011 9:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I just dont it. People complain about a paper but it seems that they continue to read it. The way I see it is that the paper isnt going to change how it reports things whatever we do afterall it is biggest selling paper in Australia so why would they change. So the simple answer is dont read the bloody thing. It is really like people who watch big brother all the way through but ring up and complain about the nudity.
Agree, I don't read it, haven't done so for 18 months now, I don't miss the pile of do do one bit.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:so are we going to be hedlines every time the Club employ a new groundsman?
Well if it's this guy then I'd say the answer is yes :lol:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Talking about what?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

philtee wrote:To quote Derryn's opinion piece, the girl "risks becoming a media tragic."
A bit like you then, Derryn ?
ha ha ha ...good one

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Hinch isn't wavering his lawyers a have suggested a bit late that he may want to tie up the loose threads of his story for the defamation case.

Looks good if he can say yes he made statements to the effect of knowing the father in the case but later stated that it wasn't clear cut.

According to many the father was another Saints footballer, wasn't it?
How can anyone possibly know that....Jesus...

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Can anyone imagine how this would have turned out if Archie was still CEO?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell