Training 08/12/2010

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Training 08/12/2010

I went to training today and i initially asked a saints staff member if Gaertner had quit and he said No,he's still here and some reporter who was standing beside me said he was still on the list....

I'm sure Steven Gaertner was there training in Paul Hudson's development group and Milney was shouting out encouragement..."your training well Steven,keep up the good work".

They did plenty of timed laps around the oval and assorted skill work.

Roo , Gardiner and Walsh stayed in the Gym and rode the bikes and Kosi did a few laps and went back inside,as did Goddard .Ross Lyon watched most of the session from up in the Huggins stand.

Misson was wearing a knee brace,King had his arm in a cast and Harvey doesn't look any different.I think the session went for about 2 hours....

Plenty of players i don't recognise without their numbered jumper's on so
i checked their mug shots when i got home and it was Winmar i noticed quite a bit,he took part in the whole session.Raph did plenty of work but a lot of it was on his own....

Big Mac looked slow..they need to push him a bit harder...make him run a bit faster...

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Training 08/12/2010

bobmurray wrote:I went to training today and i initially asked a saints staff member if Gaertner had quit and he said No,he's still here and some reporter who was standing beside me said he was still on the list....

I'm sure Steven Gaertner was there training in Paul Hudson's development group and Milney was shouting out encouragement..."your training well Steven,keep up the good work".

Roo , Gardiner and Walsh stayed in the Gym and rode the bikes and Kosi did a few laps and went back inside,as did Goddard .Ross Lyon watched most of the session from up in the Huggins stand.

Misson was wearing a knee brace,King had his arm in a cast and Harvey doesn't look any different.I think the session went for about 2 hours....

i checked their mug shots when i got home and it was Winmar i noticed quite a bit,he took part in the whole session.Raph did plenty of work but a lot of it was on his own....

Big Mac looked slow..they need to push him a bit harder...make him run a bit faster...
Big Mac won the first time trial and came 5th in the other. He is a 200cm ruckmen who can run all day. He isnt going to win the stawell gift however much they push him.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:I went to training today and i initially asked a saints staff member if Gaertner had quit and he said No,he's still here and some reporter who was standing beside me said he was still on the list....

Big Mac won the first time trial and came 5th in the other. He is a 200cm ruckmen who can run all day. He isnt going to win the stawell gift however much they push him.
What were the other results of the time trial(s) p66?

Cheers

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Cheers
In the second one when nearly all were back the usual suspects came first and second, Geary and Eddy. The good sign was Cripps has at least endurance as he came fourth. I think dempster came 3rd with big Ben 5th.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I didn't notice that the time trials were a race,i saw very little in the way of positional change,however,i was more interested in the skills sessions for the players not doing time trials....

Not sure what the instructions were from the training staff other than run those laps within a certain time frame.....

Apart from the time trials Big Mac lumbers,that's when they should be on his case,get him to get on his bike and get out of that habit, i bet Jolly doesn't lumber....

ace
Saintsational Legend

One step at a time, lets get him walking faster before we get too adventurous.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Cheers
In the second one when nearly all were back the usual suspects came first and second, Geary and Eddy. The good sign was Cripps has at least endurance as he came fourth. I think dempster came 3rd with big Ben 5th.
Why did only 5 players do the time trial.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Cheers
Why did only 5 players do the time trial.
There were at least 3 groups of players doing time trials and there were other groups of players doing either skills work or other running drills..

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

thanks for the report guys. good stuff
c

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:I didn't notice that the time trials were a race,i saw very little in the way of positional change,however,i was more interested in the skills sessions for the players not doing time trials....

Not sure what the instructions were from the training staff other than run those laps within a certain time frame.....

Apart from the time trials Big Mac lumbers,that's when they should be on his case,get him to get on his bike and get out of that habit, i bet Jolly doesn't lumber....

I wasnt talking about today. I was talking about offical time trials that were on last week and to Ace more than 5 finished but I have no idea of the order.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:I didn't notice that the time trials were a race,i saw very little in the way of positional change,however,i was more interested in the skills sessions for the players not doing time trials....

I wasnt talking about today. I was talking about offical time trials that were on last week and to Ace more than 5 finished but I have no idea of the order.
I thought this thread was about TODAY...

my bad

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I thought this thread was about TODAY...

my bad
I was just making a point about big ben and then someone asked me about the TT.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Photos up on slattery afl.com.au

http://www.aflphotos.com.au/galleries/r ... a%20081210

Hudson
Kingsley
Berbakov
this guy
and this guy :P

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
savatage
SS Life Member

Tom Curren, massive upper body for an 18 year old!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thanks everyone...

I really wonder if Winmar can make the transition to the senior footy quite soon?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

video behind Harves interview
http://bptvpd.ngcdn.telstra.com/pd_afls ... ce_1mb.mp4

seems that link doesn't link
try

Press Conference - Robert Harvey 8/12/2010

at
http://www.saints.com.au/video%20%20aud ... fault.aspx

or fox vision
http://www.foxsports.com.au/AFL/harvey- ... =FoxSports
Last edited by saintbrat on Thu 09 Dec 2010 10:42pm, edited 2 times in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Thanks for the training reports folks :shock:

Stand your ground :shock:
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Tom Curren, massive upper body for an 18 year old!
Spoke to a MPNFL coach today, who is very well respected in TAC Cup coaching circles

Totally rates Curren and reckons he's a great pick. Reallly quick with a lovely left foot

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
savatage
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:
Spoke to a MPNFL coach today, who is very well respected in TAC Cup coaching circles

Totally rates Curren and reckons he's a great pick. Reallly quick with a lovely left foot
Loves a goal too apparantely! It all sounds good :)

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Loves a goal too apparently! It all sounds good :)
Yes...looks like being groomed to do the role that Lovett was traded for.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

What was the reaction of the training staff when you suggested that??

Well..you WERE there..and you seem so sure..just assumed you'd passed on your suggestion ;-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
savatage wrote:
saint66au wrote:Totally rates Curren and reckons he's a great pick. Reallly quick with a lovely left foot
i thought i read elsewhere that he was an inside mid?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Good to hear. Maybe we have one that can make the transition early.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

What was the reaction of the training staff when you suggested that??

Well..you WERE there..and you seem so sure..just assumed you'd passed on your suggestion ;-)
I'm leaving it for the fitness experts to work on player deficiencies and i'll just comment when it's apparent there are minimal or no gains for effort..

I'll also comment when i don't see the effort... :wink:

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
savatage wrote:
saint66au wrote:Totally rates Curren and reckons he's a great pick. Reallly quick with a lovely left foot
i thought i read elsewhere that he was an inside mid?
Yes I was hoping he might be an inside type, clearance player as well :shock:

Stand your ground :shock: