St Kilda players in boozy brawl

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda players in boozy brawl

saint4life
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

OK...weirded out a little by the fact it was Lenny

:?

Surely allowed to use the cliche 'out of character' for this one :shock:

Important to note that a staff member from the venue has said they are 'protecting the players and their club' implying the blame was elsewhere?
Last edited by SainterK on Thu 02 Dec 2010 1:01am, edited 1 time in total.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

great...just what we need. Can't say I would have expected it to be Lenny.

Sainter for life.
SaintSimmo
Club Player

mind you HS have a knack of making a big deal of these things.
i.e. the headline: St Kilda players in boozy brawl. That is completely inaccurate: a) not a brawl and b) they were not drunk.

Sainter for life.
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Oh wow. I was surprised too.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Reading it again, I am convinced the underlined parts are the only significant portions of the story.

Oh and hi Hutchy...

The Herald Sun believes the Saints players, who were with friends, were involved in an altercation upstairs. The fight allegedly continued after they left.

It is not known what led to the fight, but both players were angered by their treatment.

Hayes suffered a cut to his nose, which may have been broken, while the second player was punched in the eye socket. Police arrived at the scene to find the players, who played in this year's drawn and losing grand finals, allegedly inebriated.

Sources said the altercation upstairs involved another high-profile person.

St Kilda football manager Greg Hutchison said Hayes had reported the incident to the club while on annual leave.

"The club was made aware of an incident involving vice-captain Lenny Hayes," he said.

"If there is anything to discuss with Lenny we will discuss it on Monday when he returns to work.

"It was an unprovoked incident that occurred as he was leaving the venue."

He said he could not comment on any injury suffered by Hayes because he was on holiday in Sydney until Monday. Hutchison said he was unaware if the second player was assaulted and would also be talking to him next week.

Love Machine nightclub management was aware of the altercation, which they said was under investigation.

"It's definitely something we are looking into," a staff member said.

"We are protecting both the football players and our club."

SaintSimmo
Club Player

haha see the HS always makes an article out of nothing, i'll give them credit for that. It still is yet to be proven true or involving the players themselves.

Sainter for life.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Good. At last some Saints news.
Was becoming a very dull off
season!

This is nothing compared to Saintsational
Drinks at the Cormer.

....and no, Hutchy, you are not welcome!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SaintDebi
Club Player

Oh for crying out loud. What a crap article- and headline.
I wish journo's were able to be held more accountable for the rubbish they write. What about a headline something like: "Saints players assaulted in unprovoked attack"?
And is this another Robert Eddy-Who? incident? Does the reoprter not know who the other player involved is? Can they not be bothered to do the job properly and find out? Otherwise why just mention Lenny by name- if not just to sensationalise a poor piece of journalistic work?

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Fancy having a headline and an article like that. They would only do it to us. They wouldnt do it to another club. I reckon it is made up. It didnt actually happen. Or even if it did why write about it. It isnt a story that a vice captain of a GF side was involved in an altercation even if it was not even slightly started by him.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:great...just what we need. Can't say I would have expected it to be Lenny.
The fact it was Lenny tells me there's nothing here for us to be concerned about.

saint1974
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:great...just what we need. Can't say I would have expected it to be Lenny.
The fact it was Lenny tells me there's nothing here for us to be concerned about.
+1

St Lenny
Club Player

Cause Lenny is such a thug :roll: Seriously this is sensationalisim at its worst. Only makes head lines cause its Lenny Hayes, everyone knows he wouldnt pick a fight. You wouldnt have to be a rocket scientist to work out the person who started the fight, who they barrack for :roll:

Moods
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:mind you HS have a knack of making a big deal of these things.
i.e. the headline: St Kilda players in boozy brawl. That is completely inaccurate: a) not a brawl and b) they were not drunk.
WEll Lenny had an injury to his nose, so there must have been some kind of fight, and b) it was 5am in the morning. I don't know about you but I have NEVER left a night club at 5am and been sober.

If this had happened in mid July it would be a big deal. I have no problem with our blokes unwinding on their holidays. Regardless of whether it's Lenny or Dane Swan I don't see it as a huge deal. No criminal charges will result from it and it's more than likely nothing more than a push and shove. Lenny's credits in the bank are overflowing so he more than 99% of players deserves the benefit of the doubt, when it comes to who initiated the fight. Not our Lenny :wink:

markp
Saintsational Legend

Meh, I'll back Lenny wasn't the one being out of line.... but Lenny 'Love Machine' Hayes has a nice ring to it.

saintlee
Club Player

Don't think this is a big deal. Just a bit of fight at a night club, no one seriously hurt....happens every weekend. Not that I approve of such behaviour, but I can't see much in it.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

The Herald Scum always need to put a negative slant on the story such is the nature of that newspaper. No mention of a boozy night on the Age story

Another opportunity awaits!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:The Herald Scum always need to put a negative slant on the story such is the nature of that newspaper. No mention of a boozy night on the Age story
That story also points out that the other player is also on annual leave, so we must be talking Roo, Kosi or Gardi (all absent from training) ?

Not convinced there is anything in it, but still very surprised.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Moccha wrote:The Herald Scum always need to put a negative slant on the story such is the nature of that newspaper. No mention of a boozy night on the Age story
That story also points out that the other player is also on annual leave, so we must be talking Roo, Kosi or Gardi (all absent from training) ?

Not convinced there is anything in it, but still very surprised.
Somehow if it was Roo, I don't reckon they would have missed it. Possibly in the top 3 most high profile players in the league and one of the most recognisable faces in Melbourne - whetehr you follow footy or not.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

The other player was Baker

He would have taken a few out

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

[quote="#1GILL"]The other player was Baker

He would have taken a few out[/quote]

Gill, how do you know this??

These headlines are getting tiresome.
and worrying.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well if it was Baker, it shows how little the papers know about it....wasn't he back at training on Monday?

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

dals_da_bomb wrote:
#1GILL wrote:The other player was Baker

and worrying.
I was there.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

#1GILL wrote:
dals_da_bomb wrote:
#1GILL wrote:The other player was Baker

and worrying.
I was there.
Just kidding- I don't go to gay night clubs (or any clubs, not 18 haha)

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/h ... 18gy6.html

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Well if it was Baker, it shows how little the papers know about it....wasn't he back at training on Monday?
No. He was back Wednesday so he was on annual leave on Sunday so the paper is right if it was Baker.