2011 predictions...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

2011 predictions...

only prepared to make two.....both safe bets imho

...saints to make top 4....

bj to make mike sheahans top 5 players....at start of year...and top 3 by years end.

...imho...he already is the best player in the competition......sh!ts on swann. gablett and judd......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

I think Mike will put Goddard at #1 in the preseason top 50

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Funny that the best player in the comp who apparently s***s on others didnt even get close in our B&F. I reckon BJ is a very good player but he hasnt got to the top yet especially since he isnt even our best player.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:Funny that the best player in the comp who apparently s***s on others didnt even get close in our B&F. I reckon BJ is a very good player but he hasnt got to the top yet especially since he isnt even our best player.
Well the 50 Mike does before the season begins is based on who he thinks will be the best over the coming season.
Given BJ's finals series and the fact that he is constantly improving, I think it's reasonable to think that Mike will put him at #1.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Funny that the best player in the comp who apparently s***s on others didnt even get close in our B&F. I reckon BJ is a very good player but he hasnt got to the top yet especially since he isnt even our best player.
Well the 50 Mike does before the season begins is based on who he thinks will be the best over the coming season.
Given BJ's finals series and the fact that he is constantly improving, I think it's reasonable to think that Mike will put him at #1.
I dont care how Mike feels about him. I want the club to think he is number one first.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

He came 3rd didn't he?

Another opportunity awaits!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
He came 3rd didn't he?
2nd but beaten by a long way.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Moccha wrote:
He came 3rd didn't he?
2nd but beaten by a long way.
3rd

stinger
Saintsational Legend

flower off albert.....already been proven that you know sh!t about anything..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Equal 3rd...

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
flower off albert.....already been proven that you know sh!t about anything..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Maybe you are old florist and not a cleaner. One thing you aint is a lawyer because your ability to say anything to counter act a discussion is nil. Now go away old man.

ffs rolling eyes ffs emoticon old older oldest dumb dumber cleaner florist

gringo
Saintsational Legend

He (Goddard) may not be best and fairest but he is my top player in the comp, based on competitiveness, skill and consistency. He can play anywhere and be just as effective. He is more naturally skilled than Roo but the question marks are over his attitude which can become petulant and demonstrative.

A guy called Wayne Carey couldn't find a mate when it comes to the fair part of the game but the guy could play a bit. Sheehan doesn't rate players on their ability to bury their noses in the umpires arses, so he should go ok on the list.

If people think the brownlow and club best and fairest awards go to the best player every year they should remove their Shane Woewodin glasses and watch some other sport.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:He (Goddard) may not be best and fairest but he is my top player in the comp, based on competitiveness, skill and consistency. He can play anywhere and be just as effective. He is more naturally skilled than Roo but the question marks are over his attitude which can become petulant and demonstrative.

A guy called Wayne Carey couldn't find a mate when it comes to the fair part of the game but the guy could play a bit. Sheehan doesn't rate players on their ability to bury their noses in the umpires arses, so he should go ok on the list.

If people think the brownlow and club best and fairest awards go to the best player every year they should remove their Shane Woewodin glasses and watch some other sport.
I would have thought club B&F are the ultimate. It shows what coaches think of you and the job you are doing.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Curious though, would someone playing the one position, be likely to poll better because of the advantage of consistency?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Curious though, would someone playing the one position, be likely to poll better because of the advantage of consistency?
Not in a club B&F. The coaches know your role and how you went.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:He (Goddard) may not be best and fairest but he is my top player in the comp, based on competitiveness, skill and consistency. He can play anywhere and be just as effective. He is more naturally skilled than Roo but the question marks are over his attitude which can become petulant and demonstrative.

good post...i agree with you....

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Lenny 3rd in Brownlow in 2009, 6th in 2010. And some clowns dont think he is our best player? Come on you blokes. He even won the B &F. What more do you want.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Lenny 3rd in Brownlow in 2009, 6th in 2010. And some clowns dont think he is our best player? Come on you blokes. He even won the B &F. What more do you want.

choice between two players i love....but bj shades him in pure footballing ability.....better kick...better mark.....and he was my pick for the norm smith medal in gf one....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Lenny 3rd in Brownlow in 2009, 6th in 2010. And some clowns dont think he is our best player? Come on you blokes. He even won the B &F. What more do you want.
No arguments here Barry, this year he soley carried us over the line on heaps of occasions....not to mention his GF1, simply awe inspiring.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

saints flag
bj brownlow
lenny norm again

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Maybe you are old florist and not a cleaner. One thing you aint is a lawyer because your ability to say anything to counter act a discussion is nil. Now go away old man.

ffs rolling eyes ffs emoticon old older oldest dumb dumber cleaner florist
You're being too kind to lawyers Plugger. Florists and cleaners are useful.

I love BJ but he did make a mistake in the last quarter of the GF which I thought was critical. Did anyone pick it up?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Geelong to slide

Saints v Filth GF.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Meher Baba has meditated on the spinning wheel of karma and has come up with the following predictions.

The top 8 will look something like this (in order)

Pies
Saints
Dockers
Cats
Blues
Hawks
Dogs
Roos

There are some factors that could alter this scenario.

1. The Dogs and/or Cats could slide faster and further than I have predicted (in which case the Blues and perhaps the Hawks will finish in the top 4).
2. The Pies could suffer a post-premiership hangover a la the Hawks in 2009 (please God!)
3. The Saints could suffer a bad injury run (more than any side other than perhaps the Hawks, we are utterly dependent on having at least 14 of our top 16 or so players fit and firing).
4. There is an outside chance that one or two of the Bombers, Crows, Demons or Suns could push their way into the 8 (it's hard to see the Tigers, Lions, Eagles or Port getting there, and I have a gut feeling that the Swans are going to have a pretty quiet 2011).

I expect the most likely Prelminary Finals lineups to be Pies vs Dockers and Saints vs Cats or Blues. I'd be bothered if we have to play either the Dockers or the Blues in a PF: I'd rather we faced the Pies (the Dockers and Blues seem to me to be teams that could pull us apart in a big game situation).

If we make the GF again, I reckon we'll beat whoever we play against.

And I reckon that, barring injury or suspension, GA Jnr will be the all time shortest-price favourite to win the Brownlow.

As for who Mike Sheahan rates in his top 50, and where, I predict that Meher Baba couldn't give a flying f***.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Hawks will miss the 8, Clarkson will be sacked mid year...

As for Saints predictions, we'll be top 4 no doubt (massive injury crisis permitting), Steven will develop into a staring 22, Stanley will be close...

Gardi won't be playing come finals time... Ben McEvoy will be well in control of ruck duites...

Roo and Lenny will be our 1 and 2 best players again... BJ will be hot favourite for the brownlow before and early season, but will start slow, peak in the finals...

Kosi will be better next year, but will not reach his 'potential' and will continue to annoy many supporters no matter what... Will play further up the ground in a Leigh Brown type roll...

And Zac will have a great year, Raph will be starting 18 come September...

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Hawks will miss the 8, Clarkson will be sacked mid year...

As for Saints predictions, we'll be top 4 no doubt (massive injury crisis permitting), Steven will develop into a staring 22, Stanley will be close...

Gardi won't be playing come finals time... Ben McEvoy will be well in control of ruck duites...

Roo and Lenny will be our 1 and 2 best players again... BJ will be hot favourite for the brownlow before and early season, but will start slow, peak in the finals...

Kosi will be better next year, but will not reach his 'potential' and will continue to annoy many supporters no matter what... Will play further up the ground in a Leigh Brown type roll...

And Zac will have a great year, Raph will be starting 18 come September...
Ditto.

Gamble will go all Craig O'Brien on our arse and kick 40 plus...hope or prediction? Not sure. But happy to put the vibes out there.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'