Leigh Fisher

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Tom_Sainter
Club Player

Leigh Fisher

I'm a bit confused, is he still on the list or has he been de-listed?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Tom_Sainter
Club Player

On the saints website he is still on rookie list. Eddy isn't on the list on the website so chances are its updated??

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Tom_Sainter wrote:On the saints website he is still on rookie list. Eddy isn't on the list on the website so chances are its updated??

thats thread I posted is from the official afl lists he is gone they just haven't updated the website properly which is not a uncommon thing

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Tom_Sainter wrote:On the saints website he is still on rookie list. Eddy isn't on the list on the website so chances are its updated??
Leigh Fisher and Jarryd Allen are still on the rookie list but you might find that they will be delisted when the time comes for the third list lodgement due on 24th November.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
Leigh Fisher and Jarryd Allen are still on the rookie list but you might find that they will be delisted when the time comes for the third list lodgement due on 24th November.
No. They are both gone.

ST KILDA
1. Armitage, David
2. Baker, Steven (veteran -outside list)
3. Blake, Jason (veteran - inside list)
4. Cahill, Paul
5. Clarke, Raphael
6. Dal Santo, Nick
7. Dawson, Zac
8. Dempster, Sean
9. Fisher, Sam
10. Gardiner, Michael
11. Geary, Jarryn
12. Gilbert, Sam
13. Goddard, Brendon
14. Gram, Jason
15. Gwilt, James
16. Hayes, Lenny (veteran - outside list)
17. Heyne, Nick
18. Johnson, Will
19. Jones, Clinton
20. Koschitzke, Justin
21. Lynch, Tom
22. McEvoy, Ben
23. McQualter, Andrew
24. Milne, Stephen
25. Montagna, Leigh
26. Peake, Brett
27. Ray, Farren
28. Riewoldt, Nick
29. Schneider, Adam
30. Simpkin, Tom
31. Smith, Alistair
32. Stanley, Rhys
33. Steven, Jack
34. Winmar, Nicholas
Rookie list
1. Archer, Daniel
2. Ferguson, Jackson**
3. Gaertner, Steven
4. Walsh, Tommy*
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

would we look at brad fisher?

i also hear donald fisher is available.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

We have the best of the Fishers

Another opportunity awaits!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:would we look at brad fisher?

i also hear donald fisher is available.

Also a couple of Kiwi rugby players that may be interested in making the switch, Fisher & Paykel.

Although I hear they may be going cold on the idea :wink:

saint58
Club Player

kosifantutti23 wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
No. They are both gone.

ST KILDA
1. Armitage, David
2. Baker, Steven (veteran -outside list)
3. Blake, Jason (veteran - inside list)
4. Cahill, Paul
5. Clarke, Raphael
6. Dal Santo, Nick
7. Dawson, Zac
8. Dempster, Sean
9. Fisher, Sam
10. Gardiner, Michael
11. Geary, Jarryn
12. Gilbert, Sam
13. Goddard, Brendon
14. Gram, Jason
15. Gwilt, James
16. Hayes, Lenny (veteran - outside list)
17. Heyne, Nick
18. Johnson, Will
19. Jones, Clinton
20. Koschitzke, Justin
21. Lynch, Tom
22. McEvoy, Ben
23. McQualter, Andrew
24. Milne, Stephen
25. Montagna, Leigh
26. Peake, Brett
27. Ray, Farren
28. Riewoldt, Nick
29. Schneider, Adam
30. Simpkin, Tom
31. Smith, Alistair
32. Stanley, Rhys
33. Steven, Jack
34. Winmar, Nicholas
Rookie list
1. Archer, Daniel
2. Ferguson, Jackson**
3. Gaertner, Steven
4. Walsh, Tommy*
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Is't Tommy Walsh on the full list as of end of last season with Simkin?
Whats going on have they not updated the list yet.

ace
Saintsational Legend

The list you see is AFL official.

If the name is there then they are listed.
If the name is NOT there then they are NOT on the list.
All other speculaion is WRONG.

It is all quite easy if you accept that you live in the real world but quite hard if you live in fantasy land.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Interesting though that the AFL still haven't got Fisher or Allen listed as delisted and this list seems fairly well up to date.....

http://www.afl.com.au/retirements%20and ... fault.aspx

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saint58 wrote:Is't Tommy Walsh on the full list as of end of last season with Simkin?
nope. there's a difference between a temporary promotion - which is done during a season - and a permanent promotion, which is officially done at the end of the season. both tommy and tommy were temporarily promoted to fill free promotion spots towards the end of the season, but come actual real promotion time, only tommy has been promoted thus far.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:Interesting though that the AFL still haven't got Fisher or Allen listed as delisted and this list seems fairly well up to date.....

http://www.afl.com.au/retirements%20and ... fault.aspx
FIsher and Allen are also still listed on the Saints web site.

http://www.saints.com.au/rookie/tabid/1 ... fault.aspx

The fact that they arent listed as delisted and are listed as listed then they are most likely listed and not delisted... :? :wink: :lol:

Scottish Saint
Club Player

I spoke to somebody who knows Leigh Fisher this week - apparently, he's thinking about becoming an umpire.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scottish Saint wrote:I spoke to somebody who knows Leigh Fisher this week - apparently, he's thinking about becoming an umpire.
He doesnt know him that well. He is doing triathlons next year when he returns from 4 months overseas.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Scottish Saint wrote:I spoke to somebody who knows Leigh Fisher this week - apparently, he's thinking about becoming an umpire.
He doesnt know him that well. He is doing triathlons next year when he returns from 4 months overseas.
and that would mean he couldn't also be an umpire ? how?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Because he is doing serious triathlons not mickey mouse stuff and also he didnt even mention umpiring to me when I asked him if he was interested in playing local footy. Maybe he has changed his mind whilest overseas for the last month.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Because he is doing serious triathlons not mickey mouse stuff and also he didnt even mention umpiring to me when I asked him if he was interested in playing local footy. Maybe he has changed his mind whilest overseas for the last month.
Are you the recruiting manager for the Monders now??????

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dont worry every Saints player that is delisted get a phone call from someone at our club. Success rate nil even though we were really close with Ferg. We did get Andrew Jobling when in A grade but C grade is hard work. This year we have Chris Fagan from the Hawks on our coaching panel so hopefully that may help get a player but I doubt it.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dont worry every Saints player that is delisted get a phone call from someone at our club. Success rate nil even though we were really close with Ferg. We did get Andrew Jobling when in A grade but C grade is hard work. This year we have Chris Fagan from the Hawks on our coaching panel so hopefully that may help get a player but I doubt it.
I remember being offered 3 Saints reserves players mid-season (30 years ago) adn declining them only to find them playing for Ormond the following weeks against us! :)
I cannot remember the names but it was around 1980 and I think one of them went on to play long term for you and even captain?
Would that have been Jobling?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I remember being offered 3 Saints reserves players mid-season (30 years ago) adn declining them only to find them playing for Ormond the following weeks against us! :)
I cannot remember the names but it was around 1980 and I think one of them went on to play long term for you and even captain?
Would that have been Jobling?
Yep won 4 B&F and was captain and a great bloke. The other 2 could have been Sven Samild and Greg Page. Both were seconds players for us so how they got games in Saints reserves says something of our team at that time. Or it may have been Glen Casey, saints ex board member who played a year for us as well.

Scottish Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Looks like he knows him very well. The Herald Sun are reporting today that Leigh Fisher is to become an umpire.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scottish Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Looks like he knows him very well. The Herald Sun are reporting today that Leigh Fisher is to become an umpire.
Yes looks like you are correct but he is still overseas and is doing triathlons. very pround of your skills though.

Middo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Say hello to Chris for me , used tp play with him and his brother Grant in Tassie ...

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!