Rumour - Luke Miles delisted?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Rumour - Luke Miles delisted?

I've heard this from a friend who claims to know Luke and that's the story I was told.....

Please someone tell me it isn't so?

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour - Luke Miles delisted?

The Saintsational Man wrote:I've heard this from a friend who claims to know Luke and that's the story I was told.....

Please someone tell me it isn't so?
IT ISN'T SO.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Saintersss
Club Player

Wouldn't be that surprised. I mean he looked okay in his 2 games this season, but to be honest he hasn't showed that much in his 3 years. Hasn't played that well in the VFL. Although I'd probably prefer if we keep him.

If the rumours are true that we are taking Bruce, maybe the saints wanted to keep 4 picks in the draft for kids, so they delisted him...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Saintersss wrote:Wouldn't be that surprised. I mean he looked okay in his 2 games this season, but to be honest he hasn't showed that much in his 3 years. Hasn't played that well in the VFL. Although I'd probably prefer if we keep him.

If the rumours are true that we are taking Bruce, maybe the saints wanted to keep 4 picks in the draft for kids, so they delisted him...
what rumours say we are getting bruce? and if we want to keep our 4 picks for kids i can think of a few who id de-list before luke. id be SHOCKED.

ace
Saintsational Legend

We can't delist him.
If Stanley plays in next year's grand final we will need Miles to win the half time sprint.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

According to the Aged apparently hasn't signed a contract yet along with Gardie, Demspter and Eddy

Another opportunity awaits!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Id be keeping him ahead of Eddy/Mcqualter IMO Miles hasnt even had the chance to show what he can do and from the little I saw he played ok - surely worth a shot?

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:According to the Aged apparently hasn't signed a contract yet along with Gardie, Dempster and Eddy
Surely I won't already have to change my sig :?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Moccha wrote:According to the Aged apparently hasn't signed a contract yet along with Gardie, Dempster and Eddy
No doubt this will all become a lot clearer at List Lodgement 2 at 2pm today.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SainterK wrote:
No doubt this will all become a lot clearer at List Lodgement 2 at 2pm today.
Yeah and then until it is made public possibly weeks later :roll:

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Saintersss wrote:Wouldn't be that surprised. I mean he looked okay in his 2 games this season, but to be honest he hasn't showed that much in his 3 years. Hasn't played that well in the VFL. Although I'd probably prefer if we keep him.

I really liked the way he played. Very composed in the game against Adelaide?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Accoding to todays paper it is Eddy who looks gone, which I find odd given the amount of finals Ross has had him in.

saintlee
Club Player

Could easily be both Eddy and Miles delisted. Neither are that important. But personally I think Miles is worth keep for another year, seemed composed in the 2 games he played this year.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:Could easily be both Eddy and Miles delisted. Neither are that important. But personally I think Miles is worth keep for another year, seemed composed in the 2 games he played this year.
scrap both of them.

They'll never been anything more than GOP's.

I did like Eddy's work ethic, and perhaps he can do a Gwilt or Sam Fisher and go from a GOP to a top player, but that rarely happens.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saintlee wrote:Could easily be both Eddy and Miles delisted. Neither are that important. But personally I think Miles is worth keep for another year, seemed composed in the 2 games he played this year.
scrap both of them.

I did like Eddy's work ethic, and perhaps he can do a Gwilt or Sam Fisher and go from a GOP to a top player, but that rarely happens.
Eddy & McQualter are probably both great guys, and there's no doubt they have a crack, but if one or both of them are no longer at our club @ 2pm I won't lose any sleep.
Last edited by Dr Spaceman on Wed 10 Nov 2010 10:32am, edited 1 time in total.

jays
Club Player

keep miles he has pace

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Id be keeping him ahead of Eddy/Mcqualter IMO Miles hasnt even had the chance to show what he can do and from the little I saw he played ok - surely worth a shot?
+ 1

would seem odd that some get countless opportunities (32 and 40) and luke gets 2 games. he played ok and at least hes quick which lord knows is an area we are weak.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
scrap both of them.

gwilt was always good when he got the ball. he just didnt get it a lot when he was first on the scene. eddy doesnt get it and when he does tends to handball at his mates feet and/or cough it up.

and those saying miles is no good. hes had a lot of excellent games at sandy in the last 3 years. gets a stack of ball at vfl level. id play him armo and al smith regularly to let them get into a rhythm at afl level and then we can decide

Saintersss
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
scrap both of them.

gwilt was always good when he got the ball. he just didnt get it a lot when he was first on the scene. eddy doesnt get it and when he does tends to handball at his mates feet and/or cough it up.

and those saying miles is no good. hes had a lot of excellent games at sandy in the last 3 years. gets a stack of ball at vfl level. id play him armo and al smith regularly to let them get into a rhythm at afl level and then we can decide
You haven't watched him in the VFL have you?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

The five unsigned players, Gardi, who there is still some doubt as to whether he is to continue, no contract will be signed until that decision is made but there is not a lot of time left.
Dempster, Mcqualter, Eddy, all in our bottom six. Then Miles who is not quite in our best 22 yet, but I would keep him out of those four.
With List Lodgement 2 this afternoon it will be interesting to see if any are let go.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

got to get rid of McQualter

Another opportunity awaits!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i heard a rumour back in july Luke was heading back to perth ....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
shmic_s
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i heard a rumour back in july Luke was heading back to perth ....
That's no good. Was hoping there is still a chance of being re-drafted/rookied.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

shmic_s wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i heard a rumour back in july Luke was heading back to perth ....
That's no good. Was hoping there is still a chance of being re-drafted/rookied.
might still happen but i hear his old WAFL club Swan Districts are keen to get him back ... provided he doesnt get drafted to another AFL club

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Extreme pace, good defensive skills, composed under pressure and neat disposal. Unless there was a serious injury problem I'm seeing no good reason for his delisting. I'd definitely have him on the list before Cahill, Johnson, Dempster, Peake, Baker, Heyne and even Raph with his injury record.