Saints Disco Lights

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Saints Disco Lights

Any of the white people (who can't dance) here attend the Saints Disco?

I remember as a kid seeing it advertised on the Moorabbin scoreboard.

Would love to hear some recollections of Saints Disco experiences from "back in the day".

Oh, also, if you're interested, the lights (including mirror ball) are up for auction if you want to turn your livingroom into a red, white and black version of the set from Saturday Night Fever 8-)

http://integrated.imgecommerce.com/auct ... 0201030232

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Yep was a very keen saints disco person. Actually went 50 out of 52 weeks in one year including good friday when it opened at midnight. There was the Friday disco which was the good one and the players were there but really only in the off season even though there is myths of during the season which I dont think was correct.

Was one of the bigger footy club disco's along with the Tigers and the Blues. people from everywhere used to go. Started as over 23 but I got in when only 18 so they werent strick at all. Finished at 3am but was later extended to 5am which must have really annoyed people living in the area. No wonder some wanted us out.

They eventually stopped Friday nights and had one on most home games on Saturday night. that was the one most players attended but didnt really reach the heights of the Friday night and after a couple of years it was all over. I actually think Transformers was the death od the Saints disco but could be wrong on that. Wasnt a huge trannies fan.

Was a great time and along with Derby's and Nicabella's there was no need to get outside the Moorabbin, Caulfield and malvern area.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints Disco Lights

Sainternist wrote:Any of the white people (who can't dance) here attend the Saints Disco?

I remember as a kid seeing it advertised on the Moorabbin scoreboard.

Would love to hear some recollections of Saints Disco experiences from "back in the day".

Oh, also, if you're interested, the lights (including mirror ball) are up for auction if you want to turn your livingroom into a red, white and black version of the set from Saturday Night Fever 8-)

http://integrated.imgecommerce.com/auct ... 0201030232

what happened at the disco......stays in the disco..... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Lenny
Club Player

Friday Night Saints Disco was massive, saw players there many times during the season. Sat nights were great also, especially if we managed a win. Use to go to North Melb disco Thurs nights as well and occassionaly Essendon on a Sun night.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Yep was a very keen saints disco person. Actually went 50 out of 52 weeks in one year including good friday when it opened at midnight. There was the Friday disco which was the good one and the players were there but really only in the off season even though there is myths of during the season which I dont think was correct.

Was one of the bigger footy club disco's along with the Tigers and the Blues. people from everywhere used to go. Started as over 23 but I got in when only 18 so they werent strick at all. Finished at 3am but was later extended to 5am which must have really annoyed people living in the area. No wonder some wanted us out.

They eventually stopped Friday nights and had one on most home games on Saturday night. that was the one most players attended but didnt really reach the heights of the Friday night and after a couple of years it was all over. I actually think Transformers was the death od the Saints disco but could be wrong on that. Wasnt a huge trannies fan.

Was a great time and along with Derby's and Nicabella's there was no need to get outside the Moorabbin, Caulfield and malvern area.
that is absolute gold plugger. 50 from 52 weeks. what more needs to be said. that is a stat that would really take some beating!
did u ever seen my namesake there and more importantly did u ever pull a bird?

mullet
Saintsational Legend

At training session for GF1 I turned to my friend and said, look they have turned the disco into a GYM

his answer

"Well I had many a workout there"

say no more :wink: :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Yep was a very keen saints disco person. Actually went 50 out of 52 weeks in one year including good friday when it opened at midnight. There was the Friday disco which was the good one and the players were there but really only in the off season even though there is myths of during the season which I dont think was correct.

that is absolute gold plugger. 50 from 52 weeks. what more needs to be said. that is a stat that would really take some beating!
I actually know Gora pretty well. I used to work with his brother Greg at WD and HO wills.

My form wasnt that good because we would all drink at the Mckinnon hotel from 4pm till we got to Saints at around 10 so i wasnt always in the best shape.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

They eventually stopped Friday nights and had one on most home games on Saturday night. that was the one most players attended but didnt really
reach the heights of the Friday night and after a couple of years it was all over. I actually think Transformers was the death od the Saints disco but could be wrong on that. Wasnt a huge trannies fan.

I actually know Gora pretty well. I used to work with his brother Greg at WD and HO wills.

My form wasnt that good because we would all drink at the Mckinnon hotel from 4pm till we got to Saints at around 10 so i wasnt always in the best shape.
p66, me and my mate bump into him at most games, at the breaks, where he enjoys the delights of those types of products you and Greg were involved in :D

Interestingly, when we spoke to him at the start of this year he told us he didn't go to the 2009 GF - because he knew we would lose! As it turned out, but for a bit of luck, or a bit of straight kicking, he may have missed a very important day in the club's history :shock:

oakleighboy
Club Player

Was a great place to pick up some slags who wanted a good time and did not care about where, who, why and when.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

oakleighboy wrote:Was a great place to pick up some slags who wanted a good time and did not care about where, who, why and when.
Is that how you came to be born???

chook23
Saintsational Legend

oakleighboy wrote:Was a great place to pick up some slags who wanted a good time and did not care about where, who, why and when.
choice words...................not

saint4life
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Nah... Too classy.

They walk amongst us...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

troll alert :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
avid
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
You have a very fine brain, Dr Spaceman.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I remember you. You were the guy that even missed out with those slags as you like to call them.

shoreline
Club Player

Attention to all Saint Disco Goers
Dont bother bidding for those disco lights, Mullet will outbid you all.
Mullet is the sentimental owner of all items associated with the Saints Disco. Mullet is Saints Disco. Friday night, Saturday night and of course with "Rock Steady" on a Sunday night.
Save your money and Mullet will win the Disco Balls.
Ah memories.....those were the best years of our lives.....

here i am

I was there when plugger punched then CEO RIck Watt down the stairs one Saturday night

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

here i am wrote:I was there when plugger punched then CEO RIck Watt down the stairs one Saturday night
Yep, was there also.

A memorable night for all the wrong reasons :(

On a brighter night, there were great nights with the band featuring "Fader" Cunningham and "The Eel" Elphingstone (and perhaps 1 or 2 others I can't remember) :D