Telling article by Mike Sheahan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Telling article by Mike Sheahan

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Can't disagree with the article.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Depressing reading.

He is also VERY harsh on Schneider and to a lesser extent Milne.

But the comparison to Collingwood 02-03 certainly has some legs. :cry:

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

dcstkfc wrote:Depressing reading.

He is also VERY harsh on Schneider and to a lesser extent Milne.

But the comparison to Collingwood 02-03 certainly has some legs. :cry:

Would not read an article from that snivelling piece of shite from that shite newspaper if you paid me to!! Certainly expected a pay out from him. Has been paying out on us for quite some time now. Now he can really stick the boots in.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

When it comes to 'lack of class', Mike "Collingwood" Sheahan is an expert.

He's been writing them up for 30 years and exaggerating their abilities. They had to actually have a really good team eventually.

Add to that the fact that at the end of each football season in the '90s he produced a list which should have been called "Mike Sheahan's top 50 players better than Winmar".
He continually refused to acknowledge the greatness of Nicky while praising people like Essendon's James "Turd" Hird.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

He is right...hindsight is a wonderful thing. If he'd published these thoughts a week ago, he would have been laughed out of town.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:When it comes to 'lack of class', Mike "Collingwood" Sheahan is an expert.

He's been writing them up for 30 years and exaggerating their abilities. They had to actually have a really good team eventually.

Add to that the fact that at the end of each football season in the '90s he produced a list which should have been called "Mike Sheahan's top 50 players better than Winmar".
He continually refused to acknowledge the greatness of Nicky while praising people like Essendon's James "Turd" Hird.
add Michael Long to that who wasn't good enough to clean Winmars boots

Another opportunity awaits!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

went within a kick of being back to back premiers, and what do we have to show for it? nothing.

as such we have no boasting rights...

and pricks like sheehan can stick their patronising boots in.
Last edited by Dan Warna on Sun 03 Oct 2010 11:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
sainterinsydney
Club Player

We need to replace some players. The hard decisions need to be made. We have kids waiting in the wings that could reinvigorate the team.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

How big a parachute will we need.....i hope it's a soft landing...in the past the landing when we've gone down has been a thud.....at the bottom.....

A big test for Ross next year....

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
sainterinsydney
Club Player

Stanley, Walsh, Steven, Miles, Armitage, Raph, Geary should all play next year. I would rather Gardiner and Kosi weren't in the team; both are dinosaurs now. We will need to take gambles next year.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:He is right...hindsight is a wonderful thing. If he'd published these thoughts a week ago, he would have been laughed out of town.
The media jumped on and off us like we were some sort of jumping castle this year.

But then again so do some fans.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If you look at those Pie's Team now you wonder how they ever got into the GF (Malthouse is why).

Buckley was the only genuine star in the team.

The young Didak emerging.

Comparing the Saints Team of the last two years with those Pie's teams is chalk and cheese.

Pies are looking good at Present...but don't get too arrogant Mike.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
degruch
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
degruch wrote:He is right...hindsight is a wonderful thing. If he'd published these thoughts a week ago, he would have been laughed out of town.
The media jumped on and off us like we were some sort of jumping castle this year.

But then again so do some fans.
Absolutely. I've read very few insightful articles on St Kilda this year leading up to the GF, it's as if it was a complete mystery as to how we ever got off the bottom!?!

As for never winning a premiership, well, you have to get there first. At least we know this core can get us there. I bet the Suns or GWS would give their teeth for a core like ours to build a team on. Can we win one? Well, who'd have seriously picked Collingwood half way through this season? Mike will be writing Geelong off too.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:If you look at those Pie's Team now you wonder how they ever got into the GF (Malthouse is why).

Buckley was the only genuine star in the team.

The young Didak emerging.

Comparing the Saints Team of the last two years with those Pie's teams is chalk and cheese.

Pies are looking good at Present...but don't get too arrogant Mike.
Exactly. Can feel that fire burning for next year already. Only took 24+ hours.

This team will prove quite a few people wrong. Never been more sure of it than right now.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Sheahan can f*** off. That prick lives his life in a rear vision mirror.

Another opportunity awaits!
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Sheahan is a super flog who actually tipped Collingwood to win the 1980 Grand Final. He was almost right.... They only lost by 81 points!

sainterinsydney
Club Player

My only concern is if we can pull ourselves up from consecutive GF losses. I think we definitely need to reinvigorate the club to have any hope.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:Sheahan can f*** off. That prick lives his life in a rear vision mirror.
Spot on.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

BTW talking about Long I can't stand the way he poses as such a hero. The guy punched Trent Nicholls in the throat late in the 2000 Grand Final when the game was as good as over. A dog of an act from this overrated flog. And he can't but still gets a gig at that cr*ply Essendon/Richmond match!

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

I meant to write 'he can't sing'. He can't. The guy has been drinking his own bath water.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Unfortunately, I think Mike is pretty spot on. Comparisons between us and the Pies of 02-03 are frightening but fair and I agree that the premiership window has just about slammed shut.

However, where there is the tiniest crack of light is the fact that unlike the Pies of 02-03, in 09 we were clearly the best team in the comp, just not in the last quarter of grand final day. Also, the drawn grand final. Pies clearly have us covered for class and depth, but grand finals are won by the best team on the day and we came within a whisker of it.

The likely scenario is we are about to fall into another recession, an extended one at that thanks to GWS and the Suns. But with some savage soul-searching, blood-letting and lets face it, risk taking and a bit of good old fashioned luck, there is still hope.

Love you Saints!

Bad management is bad management
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Moccha wrote:Sheahan can f*** off. That prick lives his life in a rear vision mirror.
this is spot on. maybe someone should tell sheahan that it takes ten years to build a GF team.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

He writes what most people say on here but some get upset about it. maybe he should write what he doesnt believe just so a few on here feel better. Good article on what most seem to be saying on this site.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Amazing how such a lack of class can get a team to second out of sixteen two years straight. We must really be horribly s***.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'