2 reasons to be excited about the future

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

2 reasons to be excited about the future

I'm not talking about Big Mac or Schneids

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Two more :D

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Miles, Steven, Geary should have all played in the GF. Its time to make hard decisions about the future!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2 reasons to be excited about the future

dcstkfc wrote:

May I have the next dance? :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
JohnE
Club Player

That doesn't look like Big McEvoy....

Kourkoumelis & Beveridge & Traianidis Appreciation Society
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

JohnE wrote:That doesn't look like Big McEvoy....
Nah, it definitely is.v

SaintWal
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:
Nah, it definitely is.v
That is Stanley, mc is in the back ground

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

SaintWal wrote:
#1GILL wrote:
Nah, it definitely is.v
That is Stanley, mc is in the back ground
Yeah, no s***, that's why the op had two reasons, NOT including Schneids or Big Mac.

When JohnE said it doesn't look like Big McEvoy I thought he meant the bloke in the background, which definitely is him.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:Miles, Steven, Geary should have all played in the GF. Its time to make hard decisions about the future!
And there wouldn't have been a replay.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
sainterinsydney wrote:Miles, Steven, Geary should have all played in the GF. Its time to make hard decisions about the future!
And there wouldn't have been a replay.
They shouldn't have all played in the GF, but Steven and Stanley must both play 15 games + next year.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
FQF
SS Life Member

What's the deal with Geary anyway?

He seems impossible to drop in the H&A season yet never cracks a game in the finals.

Bloody weird.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

To be honest, we need our kids to start firing to capture the perhaps jaded fans back again
Regulation wins against bottom four sides with bj and lenny dominating? Been there done that for tne last few years and wee have zip to show for it. But the same win with Rhys kicking a bag or Jack having 30 touches? That gets the blood pumping again
It was all too obvious yesterday. Collingwoods kids demand a place in the starting 22, ours dont

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Alistair Smith anyone?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:What's the deal with Geary anyway?

He seems impossible to drop in the H&A season yet never cracks a game in the finals.

Bloody weird.
Hasn't been able to cement a spot.

Also has big pre-seasons so he is fit and firing at the start of the year and then others (e.g. Eddy, Dempster) seem to overtake him by finals time.

Massive year for Geary- make or break.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

sadly i reckon we might have seen the best of eddy and geary.
Good honest players with ticker who play a role...but as collingwood showed yesterday your kids now need to be more than that
Amused also by those who bemoan our foot skills yet cry out for Geary. He turns it over too often when playing for Sandy let alone the Saints

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:sadly i reckon we might have seen the best of eddy and geary.
Good honest players with ticker who play a role...but as collingwood showed yesterday your kids now need to be more than that
Amused also by those who bemoan our foot skills yet cry out for Geary. He turns it over too often when playing for Sandy let alone the Saints
Geary is made of the right stuff. He isn't a shut down player, he needs to be given the opportunity to run with the ball, to tackle, to fly for marks.

He is a good kick, despite the fact that he turns it over a lot. This is more poor decision making rather than poor foot skills I think, whereas Gilbert's problem is not with decision making, but with the skill side of it.

Don't write off Geary, I'm confident he'll be a good player for us.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

But at least he gets it. Eddy doesn't get the footy much and when he does he freezes like a deer in headlights

Another opportunity awaits!
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Geary, Eddy and Jones were all selected in the 2006 Rookie Draft amd were overlooked for reasons.

They have deficiencies in their game.

Sometimes these deficiencies can be overcome or worked around, but often they cannot.

They have all done well to play a substantial amount of games, but Geary was pick 58 in the rookie draft, which realistically means that 130 odd players were taken ahead of him that year.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
But at least he gets it. Eddy doesn't get the footy much and when he does he freezes like a deer in headlights
Sadly for Eddy (as I feel for the guy), he's timed some terrible finals form, which will stick in people's heads. I'd imagine there'd be some defensive forward grooming (Steven definitely, Armo maybe?) for 2011, and Eddy may not get another look in.

Geary's a different player, and has not produced such a monumental run of crap form, so far. No threat for him, if he can step up for a whole season, he'll be there for the big dance.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Sadly for Eddy (as I feel for the guy), he's timed some terrible finals form, which will stick in people's heads. I'd imagine there'd be some defensive forward grooming (Steven definitely, Armo maybe?) for 2011, and Eddy may not get another look in.

Geary's a different player, and has not produced such a monumental run of crap form, so far. No threat for him, if he can step up for a whole season, he'll be there for the big dance.
Eddy's finals form mirrors his season form.

Courageous, hard-working, disciplined but unable to win his own ball and lacking in skill.

I have understood Ross's faith in Mini and Eddy this year, and they are both pretty good defensively, but next year Steven, Armitage and Al Smith must be given EVERY chance.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Stanley MUST crack the FF spot and make it his, or we've gotta go find someone who can (Tommy Walsh?) Kosi is done and dusted as a forward. We can't go forward with him, plain and simple.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

FQF wrote:What's the deal with Geary anyway?

Bloody weird.
Because of his poor disposal

Sainter for life.