Peake's kick across goal - intercepted - collingwood goal

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sam23
SS Life Member

Peake's kick across goal - intercepted - collingwood goal

While the Riewoldt incident was bad - the Peake incident when trying to kick about 40 meters to I'm guessing Koschitzke/McEvoy as it was Jolly intercepted it, he moved it on and Collingwood kicked a goal.

I knew from here we weren't going to win.

Had all the momentum - turn over - goal against the flow - game over.

Would've lost anyway more likely - but gee what a big play this was.

and while I've started a thread - WTF was McEvoy doing yesterday? Thought he'd come out pumped and challenge Jolly - when in truth, Leigh Brown was beating him in the ruck contests most of the time.

Goddard.
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

That was one of a few critical errors yesterday - like Baker fumbling in the middle - that we just have not seen much of this year or last. Our players seemed far more nervous and made more errors than the last two GFs - I guess the pressure mounts.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Tom_Aus
Club Player

Brett Peake's contribution to the 2 GF's = 2 collingwood goals

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Peake's turnover was the turning point. We had them on the backfoot, were all over them & he blazed away instead of giving it to Montagna who was metres in the clear. I turned to my wife & said, that's it, game over.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

To be fair, while the kick was poor, it actually bounced over Jason Blake's head and into the arms of Jolly who was trailing along behind. While I know that if the kick had hit the target the bounce would not have come into it, the bounce eluded us all day. And remember, all we needed was one lucky bounce last week. I'm trying to remember when we last got one. I think it was in 1966.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

No excuse for not hitting the target, or even giving them a chance.

Too many times we missed targets but three meters. Not good enough.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Beej
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:To be fair, while the kick was poor, it actually bounced over Jason Blake's head and into the arms of Jolly who was trailing along behind. While I know that if the kick had hit the target the bounce would not have come into it, the bounce eluded us all day. And remember, all we needed was one lucky bounce last week. I'm trying to remember when we last got one. I think it was in 1966.
That was McEvoy it bounced over

Peake needed to hit the target. Once it hits the deck anything can happen.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

It was the pivotal moment as far as I am concerned.

Kicked it right in front of me.

I was in row B.

Kick was always going to miss McEvoy by a mile and he did well to get so close.

Simply stated ... Peake has sub standard kicking skills.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:
perfectionist wrote:To be fair, while the kick was poor, it actually bounced over Jason Blake's head and into the arms of Jolly who was trailing along behind. While I know that if the kick had hit the target the bounce would not have come into it, the bounce eluded us all day. And remember, all we needed was one lucky bounce last week. I'm trying to remember when we last got one. I think it was in 1966.
That was McEvoy it bounced over

Peake needed to hit the target. Once it hits the deck anything can happen.
Yes, it was Ben. Had it bounced into his arms, nobody would have worried.