Dean Cox

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mohannair
Club Player

Dean Cox

With Kingy gone & Gardi almost, I heard that we are talking to West Coast for a suitable pick for getting Dean Cox.

Tom_Aus
Club Player

would be an ideal pick up. It showed today how much we struggled in the ruck

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Mcevoy isint ready for the #1 dutys

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saintjake
Club Player

Theres a little thing called a Salary cap
we cant afford him

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I am sick of us topping up with older players from other clubs. Collingwood and Geelong have both shown that developing players from within is the key to success. Id rather see McEvoy and Kosi ruck next year while we develop McGrath and Stanley.

Lets look at what we have rather than try and trade our good young blokes or picks for players from other clubs because lets face it our window is closed and topping up in the hope of a flag will turn us into the Filth circa 04 when they lost back to back Granbd finals and fell down the ladder due top s*** recruiting and topping up

Besides how many years would we get out of Cox? Im not saying he is a bad player but IMHO he would cost way too much and would probably retire before we get a return on the investment.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

He would have been great in 04.
Just as teaser, how old and injury problems, because he had a few this year.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
noob
Club Player

we need another 3-4 small to medium forwards/midfielders. Collingwood had half a dozen of them we only had milne and schneider because eddy and mcqualter dont kick goals.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

eddy and mini can do one thing....tackle, and im sorry but thats not enough imo

eppo67
Club Player

Sherman from BL & Grigg from Carlton both want to be traded would be very handy mid HF pick ups

older saint
SS Life Member

Need a 6'3 good at ground level forward ala O'Keefe type.

Grigg turns over by foot a lot and Sherman couldn't get a game for the worst performed team in the comp.

oneteam
Club Player

Gardy told me he is pretty fit and considering going around for another year.

we need mcevoy a transition year to become number one.

saintlee
Club Player

oneteam wrote:Gardy told me he is pretty fit and considering going around for another year.

we need mcevoy a transition year to become number one.
Geez, I hope Gardy does go around one more time, we still need him!

supersaints
Club Player

Hurricane wrote:I am sick of us topping up with older players from other clubs. Collingwood and Geelong have both shown that developing players from within is the key to success. Id rather see McEvoy and Kosi ruck next year while we develop McGrath and Stanley.

Lets look at what we have rather than try and trade our good young blokes or picks for players from other clubs because lets face it our window is closed and topping up in the hope of a flag will turn us into the Filth circa 04 when they lost back to back Granbd finals and fell down the ladder due top s*** recruiting and topping up

Besides how many years would we get out of Cox? Im not saying he is a bad player but IMHO he would cost way too much and would probably retire before we get a return on the investment.

BANG BANG
So Collingwood and Geelong both develpoed their ruckmen from within to win grand finals?
You are sooooo wrong.

Collingwood and Geelong recruited Jolly and Ottens specifically giving away top draft picks, both for a tilt at the flag and are on record as saying so. And guess what?..... it worked .

Their own ruckmen "players they developed" have basically got the arse - (Frazer and Blake).

I'd also suggest had we not recruited Gardiner and King, we would not have maode the last two Grand Finals.

We have enough young ruckmen to develop over the next three years.

Grant thomas basically had Cox signed years ago, but we did not get them across the line.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
eppo67
Club Player

older saint wrote:Need a 6'3 good at ground level forward ala O'Keefe type.

Grigg turns over by foot a lot and Sherman couldn't get a game for the worst performed team in the comp.
Sherman was runner up B/F for BL a couple of years ago. Just needs a change and would blossom IMO. Do we think Eddy or McQualter would ever come Runner up in an VFL club B&F let alone an AFL club. Just turned 23.

SaintTom
Club Player

Hurricane wrote:I am sick of us topping up with older players from other clubs. Collingwood and Geelong have both shown that developing players from within is the key to success. Id rather see McEvoy and Kosi ruck next year while we develop McGrath and Stanley.

BANG BANG
Top 5 teams this year (Saints, Collingwood, Geelong, Bulldogs and Swans) all traded to get their ruckman. I'd say it looks like a formula that works?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

If Gardi stays we will have him and Patto on our list that we traded into the club. I say pick up another youngster. Apparently there are a number of them this year who are pretty handy.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Forget Ball......Jolly was the big difference this year.

He was dominant.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saints11
Club Player

Ben Mckinley from West Coast?

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

saints11 wrote:

Ben Mckinley from West Coast?
Not so good at ground level but is a solid player.

Would love to get Shermo but I think we won't be able to afford him. After all he's leaving Lions for money.
Good player though and I think whoever gets him next year will be wrapped with what they see. He's quick, and a good kick, plus he nails goals...Would be terrific for us if we can make it happen.