Pies had a closed session at the MCG today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Pies had a closed session at the MCG today

What happened to opening up the doors to the people? :)

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

I am more interested in when we will be having our closed training session at the G!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pies had a closed session at the MCG today

SainterK wrote:What happened to opening up the doors to the people? :)
They are.............Friday training

saint4life
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Pies were adamant they wanted to keep their normal routine last week when offered the MCG, so what are they hiding...

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Pies had a closed session at the MCG today

chook23 wrote:
SainterK wrote:What happened to opening up the doors to the people? :)
They are.............Friday training
Last week every session was an open one. They are unusually quiet this week. Very conspicuous in their absence..... :lol: :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
PLUGGER14
Club Player

saint75 wrote:I am more interested in when we will be having our closed training session at the G!
Was offered but we declined.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

PLUGGER14 wrote:
saint75 wrote:I am more interested in when we will be having our closed training session at the G!
Really? I hadn't heard that anywhere. Thanks for the heads up.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
PLUGGER14
Club Player

saint75 wrote:
PLUGGER14 wrote:
Really? I hadn't heard that anywhere. Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah same as last week.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Pies were adamant they wanted to keep their normal routine last week when offered the MCG, so what are they hiding...
have already admitted that they want a closed training session for tactical reasons. Obviously a few things worried them last week.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
SainterK wrote:Pies were adamant they wanted to keep their normal routine last week when offered the MCG, so what are they hiding...
have already admitted that they want a closed training session for tactical reasons. Obviously a few things worried them last week.
Is this a win for us?

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Moods wrote:
Is this a win for us?
Saturday will be a win for us

Another opportunity awaits!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Moods wrote:
Is this a win for us?
I reckon so. They need a Plan B, we already have a couple Plan B's. Positive there's nothing they can pull in the next week that will help them, short of dropping Leon Davis.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Moods wrote:
Is this a win for us?
Saturday will be a win for us
Sure, just something about them abandoning what they have been doing all year, makes me think that they are worried.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Great,
I'll look forward to seeing vision of teh 'closed training' session on Ch9 News tonight :roll:

Surely there'd be as much interest for their viewers as when they decided to fly a helicopter over our 'closed training' session last year?
Probably even more interest.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

May want to hide who is injured, I just hope we banged them up as bad as we did to the Bulldogs.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

A lot of tune-changing down at the Pies ...

Supposedly the players rejected an MCG training session last week because they wanted to keep everything as normal as possible. Now they're on radio claiming the MCG session was much better than last week because it was closed, and so beneficial to them ...

Not unlike Maxwell retracting his post-match whine about not going to extra time ...

I've also heard the players claim they're much better for the GF experience now, having felt like what it's like to play in front of a big crowd in a pressure game. But weren't they saying last week that they play in big crowd/big pressure games all the time?

markp
Saintsational Legend

Folks, dont try to read too much into anything.

We hopefully have a greater edge going into this game with our more mature bodies and minds... but we're going back into the cauldron, and it's gonna be war again.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Great,
I'll look forward to seeing vision of teh 'closed training' session on Ch9 News tonight :roll:

Surely there'd be as much interest for their viewers as when they decided to fly a helicopter over our 'closed training' session last year?
don't have to wait that long
vison here

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/p ... 15wq7.html

I made some inetersting comparisons between our 'light session' yesterday and the part of their session they have shown

their other' closed sessions' have been held at publci reserves n Coburg and St Kilda

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:

vison here

I made some inetersting comparisons between our 'light session' yesterday and the part of their session they have shown

their other' closed sessions' have been held at publci reserves n Coburg and St Kilda
Thanks Bratty, but I'm interested in seeing the footage shot from teh helicopters, like Ch9 did to us.
I can't think of a logical reason why they would choose to go to all that trouble for a 'closed' Saints session and not a Magpie one, can you?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

vison here

Thanks Bratty, but I'm interested in seeing the footage shot from teh helicopters, like Ch9 did to us.
I can't think of a logical reason why they would choose to go to all that trouble for a 'closed' Saints session and not a Magpie one, can you?
There was a channel 9 helicopter, Eddie made a call and they said it left within a few minutes.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

vison here

There was a channel 9 helicopter, Eddie made a call and they said it left within a few minutes.
Why would that be? :idea:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Here is the link...

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfea ... fault.aspx

Club president Eddie McGuire was on the phone to Channel 9 after a helicopter from the network was filming training from the sky. It took less than four minutes for the chopper to disappear.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Here is the link...

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfea ... fault.aspx

Club president Eddie McGuire was on the phone to Channel 9 after a helicopter from the network was filming training from the sky. It took less than four minutes for the chopper to disappear.
But Eddie keeps telling us he has no conflicts of interest! :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Yes just like our 2 last week. That neck must be killing you.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Yes just like our 2 last week. That neck must be killing you.
Welcome back plugger - where you been al day - I've missed you!
The neck's fine thanks.
How's that liftout going?