Don't think I've ever felt so proud

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

[SuB]
Club Player

Don't think I've ever felt so proud

Sure, it's recent memory... but I don't think I've ever felt so proud in my life.

It's strange this footy thing, you feel some deep sense of connection with a group of guys that you've never met that don't know you exist.

Saturday played out exactly as I thought it would, minus the draw perhaps. I knew we'd start slow, absorb some of their early onslaught while finding our groove. Come the 2nd half, we'd be primed, Ross would make some brilliant strategic moves and everyone would lift.

On Friday at work I picked a 1 point win with either Lenny Hayes or Brendon Goddard to win the Norm Smith (in that order).

My brother had written us off at half time, I simply said "Have faith, we'll win". I guess I wasn't right, but I truly believed they wouldn't lose :)

Most of all I've been told numerous times "Saints Footy" is boring and particularly by someone who's opinion really matters to me that "St Kilda have no heart". It's chided me since, but I knew Saturday would be the vindication.

This same person said to me later in the evening "I wanted Collingwood to win, but now I want St Kilda to win".

Isn't it funny that good ol' boring "saints footy" has produced two of the classic Grand Finals of the modern era... with a 3rd still to come ;)

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i was proud of the team in 09.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!