Pies CS & Joffa on Ch7

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Pies CS & Joffa on Ch7

Did anyone see that guy from Ch7 spending time with the Magpie Cheer squad?.....It was interesting to see how frayed nerves hit everyone; even someone like Joffa who always appears so full of bravado! One of the most satisfying aspects of the result was to see so many of our opposing fans being put firmly back in their box after all their pre-game hype and arrogance.
For my part, I have never been prouder to be a small part of the Saints family as I was on saturday, those Folks in Q11 showed how to do it when they started chanting "St KILDA!!!!" after a magpie goal, conceding nothing to our opponents during a contest is how to WIN the contest!
I was happy to learn at the MCG that Collingwood do NOT own the patent on passion.....they simply have numbers! and (when they're winning!) noise!

Sainters! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!! (but we know that don't we? 8-) )

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Hi Dave
yes it was fantastic to sit near you, we showed em!
They didnt like it either

Dave YOU ROCK!

Before Im 85
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Michael me boy!!! I just KNEW it was going to be a special day when I saw you all sitting on our row! Wasn't it great when we started the chant early? :lol: Of course good old "Brigadier Eastern" came over to give me a "g'day" too! and all-in-all (apart from the first half :roll: ) it was a day to remember. I loved the way that we gave those magpies NOTHING in the barracking stakes! Incidentally, they say that the "Cooolllling wooood" chant has its origins in english soccer crowd chants (Same as feral supporters/hooligans?) well as someone who spent a wee bit of time on the terraces there's another chant from the EPL that applies to the magpies (to the tune of Guantanamera) and it goes: "sing when you're winning! You only sing when you're winning!" Lets look on last weekend as a rehearsal for the big gig!!!

GO SAINTS! GO SAINTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

They actually stole the chant from Freo, how appropriate :)

Rest up your voice mate, we have to do it all again and cant wait!

Before Im 85
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Fame must be going to Joffa's head as he came across quite human on the day!

They made a big issue of referring to the pulse monitor that he was wearing... at the end it was up to 140 beats per minute.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone know what Joffa does for a living to earn whatever money he does.
He's like Kramer from Seinfeld, no one had a clue how he made a living.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm not 100% certain about this, but I have heard that he works for a charitable organisation of some sort, and (apparently out of keeping with his "image" )is quite a good bloke. I must admit to feeling the same emotions as he displayed on the tv! (or should I be admitting to that on here? :? :shock: )

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Well Dave, all I know is I want to see you smiling with tears of joy with the rest of us late Saturday afternoon and Joffa with his head between his knees and the gold jacket thrown out.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm hoping for that too Bruce! but if I was to meet the guy away from the intensity of a football game, then I'd treat him as I found him. Only way to be as far as I'm concerned.
Actually, I have more time for Joffa than someone like Marl Allen on SEN who has just admitted on SEN that he often leaves games at 3/4 time when the magpies are losing
Last edited by thejiggingsaint on Mon 27 Sep 2010 12:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

FWIW.

Joffa was (believe it or not) a speaker at (at least) one of last week's corporate events. He was keeping a serious lid on, predicting a tight game, while saying that the difference between now and early in the decade was C'wood just needed to focuse on C'wood, rather than anything else. (believe or not, he was probably a better speaker than most of the media pro's... who may well have had GF week fatigue by the time this event rolled around. Anecdotally, I find it indicative that the fotty crew is such that rather than the practice turning them into a well honed unit, they devolve to the point you can tell they're over it)

Given the promo they showed for the Joffa movie (seriously, a Joffa movie?! It's been out since the 4th...) he's been job-to-job (and pretty regularly fired) since having been homeless, while doing charitable work and making donations where he can.

Can't say I know a lot about the man, strikes me as a perfect leader for the cheersquad of a team nicknamed "filth" - just clean enough to handle the inevitable PR of the leagues biggest media machine, feral enough to lead the masses.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
saintsareprettygoodhey
Club Player

Have been in Joffa's company before and is a good bloke. Is not a one-eyed Collingwood supporter, has a love for everything football.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, I read a book about him earlier this year and he is just a fanatical fan like all of us.
Does charity work and stuff.

The truly feral Pie fans give him and maybe a lot of their CS a bad name, like other clubs I guess.

iceman
Club Player

heard joffa interviewed on SEN before the game, and to be honest the bloke seems alright... not as bad as what i'd imagined. seemed balanced in the way he spoke and gave plenty of respect tot he saints.

That said, I would love nothing more than a shattered joffa at about 5:30 this saturday arvo!

Celtic Sainter

saintsareprettygoodhey wrote:Have been in Joffa's company before and is a good bloke. Is not a one-eyed Collingwood supporter, has a love for everything football.
I'm with you. I met him at the GF Parade & had a quick chat to him. He came across as a pretty nice guy who loves his club.

He's also a big Celtic fan (that's Scottish soccer for those not in the know) so he's okay in my book.

'Mon The Saints.

stewmac
Club Player

Celtic Sainter wrote:
saintsareprettygoodhey wrote:Have been in Joffa's company before and is a good bloke. Is not a one-eyed Collingwood supporter, has a love for everything football.
I'm with you. I met him at the GF Parade & had a quick chat to him. He came across as a pretty nice guy who loves his club.

He's also a big Celtic fan (that's Scottish soccer for those not in the know) so he's okay in my book.

'Mon The Saints.
Well its now official ,Joffa supports Celtic & Collingwood both sets of supporters are "Soap Dodgers" :wink:

Sorry Celtic Sainter, dems the rules :P