We have the better lead in

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Tom_Aus
Club Player

We have the better lead in

I know it was dissapointing with the draw today and we all left with an empty feeling but imagine how gutted the filth must be after leading for 95% of the game and giving up a 4 goal half time lead in a low scoring game. My overall sense of feeling after the game was relief we didn't Lise cuz for most of the game we were facing a loss. We have to have the belief now for nxt week that no matter wat they throw at us we will never give in. I've never been so proud if them after that 2nd half.
Wonder wat sort of crowd they will get nxt week, looks as if most sept saints will get a seated ticket this time as afl announced more seats for club members at least

YoungSainterForever
Club Player

Im confident, i mean, look how we played in the last half, we bounced right back, so that says something doesnt it? We were kinda expected to loose, but now were given another opportunity!!! That says something in itself!

The odds were against us, but then we pulled back, and now, its looking good, another week of preperation, motivation, and they will sure as hell know what there in for!

Everyone is pretty shaken up about it, no doubt, the last minute of the game keeps going through my head, and the excitement was building up of us taking the cup right then and there, but now, we have another 4 quarters to shred, and absolutely slaughter these scum!!!

"Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat" COME ON SAINTERS!!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: We have the better lead in

interesting to hear of barassi's comments after the 1977 draw.

"we didn't play our best, but we salvaged a draw. next week we'll bring our best."

StSteven
Club Player

Cannot believe it happened, But very confident for next week now.

SaintWal
Club Player

Re: We have the better lead in

bigcarl wrote:interesting to hear of barassi's comments after the 1977 draw.

"we didn't play our best, but we salvaged a draw. next week we'll bring our best."
Somes up how I feel as well.

I was super impressed with BJ. The siren sounded and he swore once under his breath and then refocussed. When others were lost in the emotion like Maxwell our guys in general were straight on to next week.

Bring it on