Rod Nicholson is USELESS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

carnasaints55
Club Player

Rod Nicholson is USELESS

Anybody read this?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 5925955124

DEL Santo, Len Hayes and JASON Koschitzke...? Pitiful article.

roo=god
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Meh! I couldn't care less about some feral scum hack thinks. For me, this prelim was a game of rust removal.

The great sign was that we removed a fair amount of that rust in the second half.

We will be a good show against the Filth in Grand Final. Don't believe the hype.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

On the telecast thought I heard Walls call Blakey 'Jarryd or Jarryn' . Might be my poor hearing in my advancing years, but it did make me wonder at the time.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Verdun66 wrote:On the telecast thought I heard Walls call Blakey 'Jarryd or Jarryn' . Might be my poor hearing in my advancing years, but it did make me wonder at the time.
LOL

And that line about the two Gilbees facing off - when Gilbert spoiled Gilbee.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saintkid
Club Player

Verdun66 wrote:On the telecast thought I heard Walls call Blakey 'Jarryd or Jarryn' . Might be my poor hearing in my advancing years, but it did make me wonder at the time.
He did and it's not the first time he's done that with Blake. You would think he would have got it right by now.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rod Nicholson is USELESS

carnasaints55 wrote:Anybody read this?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 5925955124

DEL Santo, Len Hayes and JASON Koschitzke...? Pitiful article.
"matthew eagleton"? "adam schnider"? ridiculous.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:
He did and it's not the first time he's done that with Blake. You would think he would have got it right by now.
Doent he also call him Joe Blake as well :shock:

Statsman
Club Player

Surely one of the first pre-requisites for being a sports journalist is to know the players' names. That article was just amateur hour.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

I think Nicholson is predominantly a racing writer... and it shows!

A disgraceful piece of journalism in a sub-standard newspaper.

saintDal
Club Player

mullet wrote:
saintkid wrote:
Doent he also call him Joe Blake as well :shock:
I think is his defense the Joe Blake reference is not a mistake, but in reference to him being an "average Joe" in that he isn't highly talented in any particular skill of the game but does the job that he is given. He often points out that despite being one of our most solid players down back he has never gotten a brownlow vote.

Foz
Club Player

Had paragraph depth of being written by a 9yo. Western Bulldogs must now rebuild - der Fred ! Thats probably right with Johhno gone, Eagleton gawn, Harbrow off to Suns, a 34yo full forward and fringe depth players Everitt and Hill seeking greener grass.

Better he talks about So You Think winning Underwood yesterday FFS.