Anyone else's week like this ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Anyone else's week like this ?

Constant knot in the stomach and vague nausea...trouble concentrating at work and feeling washed out and lethargic..hell I'm not even a player but this Saturday the result will determine so much for everyone connected with the football club..win this and I believe we will go all the way.Lose and the what ifs and regrets will be overwhelming :roll:

Seize the moment sainters :x

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: Anyone else's week like this ?

saint patrick wrote:Constant knot in the stomach and vague nausea...trouble concentrating at work and feeling washed out and lethargic..hell I'm not even a player but this Saturday the result will determine so much for everyone connected with the football club..win this and I believe we will go all the way.Lose and the what ifs and regrets will be overwhelming :roll:

Everything except the lethargy, more edginess and nervous energy.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Re: Anyone else's week like this ?

dcstkfc wrote:
saint patrick wrote:Constant knot in the stomach and vague nausea...trouble concentrating at work and feeling washed out and lethargic..hell I'm not even a player but this Saturday the result will determine so much for everyone connected with the football club..win this and I believe we will go all the way.Lose and the what ifs and regrets will be overwhelming :roll:

Everything except the lethargy, more edginess and nervous energy.
Put the tiredness down to not sleeping well...Still confident the boys will do well..just the subconscious of so many disappointments dating back to total devastation in 71..This game will make or break our dreams.

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I've been suprised how calm I am in the latter part of this year. Been like it leading into the finals....had a lot of other things to deal with which has helped not stressing over the saints like normal,but I'm pretty calm.

Think the dissapointment of last year has made me act like this, I've tried to put the potential consequences out of my mind to minimise more heartache like last year.

Once saturday arrives it will be a different story though. My gameday intensity will be on,then I'll be your everyday animal in the stands losing my voice.

If we win,next week I will be a completly different story...

For the first 3-4 months after last years defeat I constantly had dreams about the 2010 prelim.....I wanted to fast forward 12 months for another chance so much,that it has entered my sub concience and I was dreaming about this years prelim all the time...I'd wake up and the pain just burned. I can't believe that the 12 months is nearly up now,and here we are again,with our chance to make amends,as long as we get past the dogs again

Bring back the Lockett era
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Yeah thats sounding pretty familiar. Trying to concetrate on work and other things and failling.
I keep jumping on here to read what people and posting.
I am going to be an all out jittery nervous mess tomorrow

All week too I get a little jolt every time I see a bit of support for the saints, whether its a sticker on a car or someone wearing a scarf.

Its good to know from reading on here though that so many others are sharing the same pumped, nervous feelings.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I know we're a solid enough team to take the lot this season with an unyielding performance over the next two rounds. We're creeping under the radar like never before, frighteningly so, with the media squarely centring their focus on the Cats and Pies. The winner of tonight’s game will be under immense pressure to perform next week as the spotlight will be heavily upon them!

We all know how it panned out last season – how we dominated during the home and away season – “unstoppableâ€

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

jonesy wrote:I've been suprised how calm I am in the latter part of this year. Been like it leading into the finals....had a lot of other things to deal with which has helped not stressing over the saints like normal,but I'm pretty calm.

Think the dissapointment of last year has made me act like this, I've tried to put the potential consequences out of my mind to minimise more heartache like last year.

Once saturday arrives it will be a different story though. My gameday intensity will be on,then I'll be your everyday animal in the stands losing my voice.

If we win,next week I will be a completly different story...

For the first 3-4 months after last years defeat I constantly had dreams about the 2010 prelim.....I wanted to fast forward 12 months for another chance so much,that it has entered my sub concience and I was dreaming about this years prelim all the time...I'd wake up and the pain just burned. I can't believe that the 12 months is nearly up now,and here we are again,with our chance to make amends,as long as we get past the dogs again
this completely encapsulates how I have felt all this year - been cruising through 2010 so far and just waiting to get to this moment and hoping we get through.

Everything we have had to suffer this year (ie off field trauma, Roo's injury, poor form patches) will be so worth it if we get another crack at the big one.

However, very recently I became a bundle of nerves, just seeing all the Geelong and Collingwood paraphanalia made me realise we're also playing a Prelim tomorrow.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

I'm too confident to feel nervous at the moment.

Ask me this time next week, and it will be a completely different story.

The 2010 home and away season has been a non-event. Everything was in preparation for September 2010. We played out best 3 quarters for the year against a very good side in the Qualifying final, and we will find another gear in the next 2 weeks.

This side is exceptionally well drilled, and has terriffic leaders in Ross, Nick and Lenny. They will be switched on, they will put the Dogs to the sword, and then next week, anything can happen.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Happy to say I am now strangely calm...in the end it doesn't matter.It will be heaven or hell and you have to deal with it.Go Saints..I believe they will give it one hell of shake :twisted:

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Was only a few short months ago that we were written off as Rooey went down with his hammy.

No one gave us a chance and yet we kept winning.

I am nervous yes but really really proud of all the players who kept on working to get to the finals. I think they learned from last year, just get there and then its a whole new ball game.

I just trust them

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I trust them too
I trust that Ross the Boss has kept them focused and grounded.
I trust that our boys are hungry for the win and respect their opponents and dont believe that any game is easy.

When Roo got injured I endured all the people telling me were done and that Roo wouldnt play again this season.
When he looked set to return I endured all the people saying he would never be the same kind of player again.

Through it all here they are, with a chance to get themselves through to the big dance.
As Saint Patrick said it will be heaven and hell.

COME WHAT MAY! GO SAINTS

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

saint patrick wrote:Happy to say I am now strangely calm...in the end it doesn't matter.It will be heaven or hell and you have to deal with it.Go Saints..I believe they will give it one hell of shake :twisted:
That's an excellent way of looking at it.

At the end of the day, it is just a game - even if it is just a game that I feel so passionately about - and I'll moourn our season should it end prematurely or celebrate should we win the flag but either way there are bigger and better things happening in my life at the moment and at the end of this year.

Think my focus on that is the reason why my focus in football hasn't quite been as intense as recent years.

milney044
Club Player

I didn't realise how intense my feelings were 'til i read all your posts and now i feel sick!!! It's like there's something missing from last year though, it's not quite the same because last year was all the excitement of such an amazing season and how far we could go.
Now its a little more serious as we seek that redemption and the ultimate success that we were so desperately close to reaching last year. This year feels like i've just been hanging out for that last Saturday in September for the entire season!

Bring it home boys!!!

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.