“Just the facts ma’amâ€

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

“Just the facts ma’amâ€

Many recurring comments/statements are made on saintsational that are never really supported by any facts.

My favourite 3 are:

1. Armo is off to the Gold Coast
2. Max hates Ross
3. Luke Ball could have been traded for Wellingham/Brown/Reid.

The Armo one appears to have no basis other than the fact he’s originally from a town within the same state boundaries as the Gold Coast. Some people assume he wants to go “homeâ€

goodie
Club Player

I don't know about Wellingham, but I imagine if Brown or Reid were actually offered we would've taken them.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Pretty sure Max doesn't hate Ross, saw them chatting and laughing at the B& F, didnt look like he hated him.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Why let the facts get in the way of a good story? :P

Life would be pretty dull on footy forums if we only discussed something if it was a known fact. LOL

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

goodie wrote:I don't know about Wellingham, but I imagine if Brown or Reid were actually offered we would've taken them.
Wellingham is a gun. As is Reid. Brown is average.

I thought it was always known that they offered pick 30 + Goldsack?

No matter what way you are trying to spin it we did a silly thing with Ball. We took nothing to 'prove a point". What was the point? people will have certainly forgotten about it by trade week this year anyway. The only point we proved is that we dont mind players walking for nothing. Good point to prove!

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I thought it was always known that they offered pick 30 + Goldsack?
No, we asked for Goldsack, they refused. Said he was a vital part of their side going forward.

They walk amongst us...

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I thought it was always known that they offered pick 30 + Goldsack?
No, we asked for Goldsack, they refused. Said he was a vital part of their side going forward.
And the Western Bulldogs played hardball re Everitt and now won't give him a game :?

Did they do the right thing?

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
Yep. I think the closest deal was:

- Luke Ball to Collingwood
- Collingwood's selection #30 + Wellingham to North Melbourne
- North's selection #25 to St Kilda

From memory that was all fine on the condition that Western Bulldogs would trade Andrejs Everitt for that pick #25, however the Dogs insisted only North's selection #21 would seal the deal - which as history will show North were not willing to part with. Hence, St Kilda were materially the big losers.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Mind you, I don't think anyone here expected Ball to last too pick 30.
Most felt at the time we had done the right thing playing hardball and there was no way Luke was going to the filth.
We all expected Melbourne, Richmond, Essendon or someone would grab him before the filth's pick 30.
But, as it turned out, and one of which I will never lose my suspicions of, he found his way to the filth and all those other teams, for which he would have been an excellent recruit for, seemed to overlook him.
My biggest hope is that he is either sitting at home, or sitting on the ground, watching his former teams collect premiership medallions.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
goodie wrote:I don't know about Wellingham, but I imagine if Brown or Reid were actually offered we would've taken them.
Wellingham is a gun. As is Reid. Brown is average.

I thought it was always known that they offered pick 30 + Goldsack?

No matter what way you are trying to spin it we did a silly thing with Ball. We took nothing to 'prove a point". What was the point? people will have certainly forgotten about it by trade week this year anyway. The only point we proved is that we dont mind players walking for nothing. Good point to prove!
That's the whole point Con. It's not about trying to spin anything.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about the Ball saga however unless you know exactly what was on the table, how can you say the Saints were right or wrong? You say "I thought it was always known that they offered pick 30 + Goldsack?" however where is the proof of this?

HSVKing says "No, we asked for Goldsack, they refused. Said he was a vital part of their side going forward."

So it may well be that none of Wellingham, Brown, Reid or Goldsack were offered. Was anyone offered or was it just a pick? Was it pick 30 or something of less value?

Most of what is thrown around is media speculation. But unless we know for sure what was on offer, and I would suggest we don't, then how can we say the Saints stuffed up?

That's not spin - it's just common sense.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Zac was sick over the summer, and lost 6 kgs...heard that one a bit, but never really seen anything official?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Zac was sick over the summer, and lost 6 kgs...heard that one a bit, but never really seen anything official?
Not sure if it was related, but I heard from his cousin before the game that he was on an IV drop for the GF.

Didn't exactly inspire me with confidence when he lined up with Mooney.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

noob
Club Player

That's what i don't get it if he was sick the night before why wasn't a experience full back with 200+games and lots of finals experience (grand final too) didn't replace a so called injuried player.

Legendary
Club Player

Max will be forever disappointed with not playing in the GF side, but I would think he's a professional and good enough bloke to realise Lyon was trying to do his best for the Saints, and trying to pick the best possible team on GF day.

He doesn't come across as the bitchy type to hold grudges, not against the club where he played 200+ games and is a champion full-back.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

we will pick everitt up this trade period.....imho

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
SainterK wrote:Zac was sick over the summer, and lost 6 kgs...heard that one a bit, but never really seen anything official?
Not sure if it was related, but I heard from his cousin before the game that he was on an IV drop for the GF.

Didn't exactly inspire me with confidence when he lined up with Mooney.
Yes that was widely reported http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/you- ... -z3le.html

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs