Comparing the opposition supporters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Comparing the opposition supporters

Here's an observation from people at work.. Collingwood supporters- reckon they have it in the bag, but acknowledge the Saints are doing well. Dogs supporters seem to hate the Saints and reckon we owe them, Geelong supporters are just plain arrogant whiners.

saintlee
Club Player

My boss is a mad Collingwood fan, but he in no way thinks they have it in the bag...he is the most mild-mannered pies supporter I have ever met.....

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:My boss is a mad Collingwood fan, but he in no way thinks they have it in the bag...he is the most mild-mannered pies supporter I have ever met.....
Both my parents are Collingwood, and they're worried as all hell about this week, and if they get through, how the hell they'll win against us next week.

There are actually 'educated' Pies fans out there. Hard to find, but do exist.

Eddie doesn't help their egos though, he's talking as if they had it won back in May.

They walk amongst us...

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

they all suck

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Bulldogs fans hope to win the flag.
Magpies and Saints fans believe they can win the flag.
Cats fans expect to win the flag.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
saintlee wrote:My boss is a mad Collingwood fan, but he in no way thinks they have it in the bag...he is the most mild-mannered pies supporter I have ever met.....
Both my parents are Collingwood, and they're worried as all hell about this week, and if they get through, how the hell they'll win against us next week.

There are actually 'educated' Pies fans out there. Hard to find, but do exist.

Eddie doesn't help their egos though, he's talking as if they had it won back in May.
How did they squirt out a Sainter? And how long did it take them to get over it?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:How did they squirt out a Sainter? And how long did it take them to get over it?
Mum followed St Kilda, and then Dad got her over to the dark side.

She has always had a place for St Kilda in her heart, and absolutely loved Trevor Barker.

They walk amongst us...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Comparing the opposition supporters

spert wrote:Here's an observation from people at work.. Collingwood supporters- reckon they have it in the bag, but acknowledge the Saints are doing well. Dogs supporters seem to hate the Saints and reckon we owe them, Geelong supporters are just plain arrogant whiners.
From that perspective best result is;

Pies beat Cats
Saints beat Dogs
Saints beat Pies....preferably by Ball having a kick after the siren to win the game, but failing to make the distance :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Saints beat Pies....preferably by Ball having a kick after the siren to win the game, but failing to make the distance :wink:
...and Pies fans finally realising how 'good' he really is.

They walk amongst us...

marksnsparks
Club Player

A Geelong supporting colleague at work yesterday admitted that in previous years he was always confident they were going to win it to the point of arrogance.

Now that has disappeared and he can't see how they will beat the pies this weekend, nevermind us the week after (assuming we win of course!).

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
spert wrote:Here's an observation from people at work.. Collingwood supporters- reckon they have it in the bag, but acknowledge the Saints are doing well. Dogs supporters seem to hate the Saints and reckon we owe them, Geelong supporters are just plain arrogant whiners.

Pies beat Cats
Saints beat Dogs
Saints beat Pies....preferably by Ball having a kick after the siren to win the game, but failing to make the distance :wink:
Need that kick to go though the goals but be called a point but the goal ump makes a shocker and calls it a point, that weould be even better

I love this club
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Pies beat Cats
Saints beat Dogs
Need that kick to go though the goals but be called a point but the goal ump makes a shocker and calls it a point, that weould be even better
no
i dont want to win a premiership knowing we shouldnt have it, or it could of gone either way etc... i want a fair win, 5+ goals, being able to know for the last 15 mins we have it in the bag and go as crazy as i like.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintdooley wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Pies beat Cats
Saints beat Dogs
no
i dont want to win a premiership knowing we shouldnt have it, or it could of gone either way etc... i want a fair win, 5+ goals, being able to know for the last 15 mins we have it in the bag and go as crazy as i like.
+1

The heart couldn't take another last quarter like last year.......

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Pies beat Cats
Saints beat Dogs
no
+1

The heart couldn't take another last quarter like last year.......

Good point, I was looking at it from a real hatred of the filth, but it i think I would prefer it to be over by half time with us 10 goals up.

I love this club
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Most supporters from every club are the same.

wallbanger
Club Player

From someone entrenched deep in enemy territory, I can promise you....most Geelong supporters HATE St Kilda.

They would rather lose to Collingwood in the prelim than St Kilda in the big one.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)