Poor Harry didn't get enough help

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_4_life
Club Player

Poor Harry didn't get enough help

Had a chuckle reading the MX on the train coming home today. There was an article about Harry Taylor - you know the all-Australian who has supposedly beaten Roo several times and maintains his little black book with notes on all the forwards :roll:

I quote (from Harry himself): " He (riewoldt) just ran, ran, ran and unfortunately I didn't get alot of help that game compared to others. It was disappointing. Usually Matty Scarlett and the boys get around trying to help me out but I don't know, st kilda probably had a plan to isolate nick as much as they could and they did that well"

What's this ? Harry admits he can't beat an opposition forward one-out ? Hahaha some so called "gun" he must be !

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Poor Harry didn't get enough help

Sainter_4_life wrote:Had a chuckle reading the MX on the train coming home today. There was an article about Harry Taylor - you know the all-Australian who has supposedly beaten Roo several times and maintains his little black book with notes on all the forwards :roll:

I quote (from Harry himself): " He (riewoldt) just ran, ran, ran and unfortunately I didn't get alot of help that game compared to others. It was disappointing. Usually Matty Scarlett and the boys get around trying to help me out but I don't know, st kilda probably had a plan to isolate nick as much as they could and they did that well"

What's this ? Harry admits he can't beat an opposition forward one-out ? Hahaha some so called "gun" he must be !
What an incredibly strange thing to say, let alone to allow to be quoted!

Wonder if he ran that past Fishlips first?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

All backmen need to help. That was Zacs problem earlier in the year. He wasnt gettting the help because we were tinkering with our backline with Rooy out. Zac will need help again this Saturday against Hally and the way we are playing should have no trouble getting it.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:All backmen need to help. That was Zacs problem earlier in the year. He wasnt gettting the help because we were tinkering with our backline with Rooy out. Zac will need help again this Saturday against Hally and the way we are playing should have no trouble getting it.
Well that's exactly right.

However still a very strange thing to come out and say!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:All backmen need to help. That was Zacs problem earlier in the year. He wasnt gettting the help because we were tinkering with our backline with Rooy out. Zac will need help again this Saturday against Hally and the way we are playing should have no trouble getting it.
Well that's exactly right.

However still a very strange thing to come out and say!
Yep heard the interview on SEN today. A very honest man that Harry. Pretty sure the backline would have been told they didnt help at a team metting after the game so it will be no surprise to them.

StSteven
Club Player

So that explains Mackie being dropped.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

They're imploding and I'm loving it.

:lol: :lol:

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Taylor pretty much proves the All Australian team is a joke.

BANG BAMG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:Taylor pretty much proves the All Australian team is a joke.

BANG BAMG
agreed.... bizarre..... imagine hayes coming out and saying "look I didn't get the cut outs I needed against my tagger and thus could not get the ball enough...... :roll:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SaintWal
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:They're imploding and I'm loving it.

Love it as well but I would love last years cup more and they can laugh at us till we get one. Redemption is close, tantalisingly so.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

He's a 2010 All Australian, and Roo's not, what's he so worried about? :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Poor Harry didn't get enough help

Sainter_4_life wrote:Had a chuckle reading the MX on the train coming home today. There was an article about Harry Taylor - you know the all-Australian who has supposedly beaten Roo several times and maintains his little black book with notes on all the forwards :roll:

the guy's a f*** wit...he must believe the crap that the journos have been shoving down our throats for two years.......on a good fine day...with nick injury free, they are not in the same league let alone competition...ffs...roo is an out and out star....the best footballer in the competition by far...certainly the best centre half forward this century.....harry taylor is a nobody...a plodder. who got lucky playing on an injured roo...ffs... :roll:

all australian ...what bullsh!t...who would you have in your team....taylor or sammy gilbert..?

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

supposedly cloke is the villian...the reason mackie got the chop....not roo...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 5922915685

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:supposedly cloke is the villian...the reason mackie got the chop....not roo...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 5922915685
I was wondering how the official newspaper for the Filth would manage to spin Mackie's dropping as an endorsement of their beloved pies?
It all makes sense now:-
They dropped Mackie after the Saints game and before they played Freo because of fears about what Cloke would do to Taylor. :roll:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I have a mate who is an ex-Geelong player and still a rabid fan. Feral even.

His rating this morning of the AA Harry Taylor - "God help us if he plays on Cloke, Cloke will kick ten"

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:I have a mate who is an ex-Geelong player and still a rabid fan. Feral even.

His rating this morning of the AA Harry Taylor - "God help us if he plays on Cloke, Cloke will kick ten"

points?

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:I have a mate who is an ex-Geelong player and still a rabid fan. Feral even.

points?
Nah goals, I said he'd have to have 35 shots to kick that many :lol:

saintly
Saintsational Legend

who would you rather play next week? (assuming we win this week)