Bulldogs, stuffed!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Bulldogs, stuffed!

FACT. :lol:

But don't get sucked-in wanting to play Collingwood in the GF ppl.
Go Cats this w/end. Revenge is the sweetest remedy of all.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

It's not a good idea to be over-confident about the Dogs. They played a very good game last night. The Swans got a lot of lucky breaks (including from umpire bloody Ryan) that kept them in game far longer than they should have been IMO. We are the better team by a fair way, but the Dogs won't be a pushover.

The Cats will beat the Pies IMO, unless some of the poor finishers at the Pies (Cloke, Davis, etc) have a remarkable night in front of the sticks.

If we play the Cats again, I for one will be far from confident. They are the mentally toughest AFL team since the Hawks in the Tuck-Matthews era. Like Rasputin, they are almost impossible to kill. But, of course, we are certainly good enough.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Furphy
Club Player

I hear the Bulldogs can't afford to keep buying Rocket new phones, so he will have one of those rubber phones babies chew on to slam around the coach's box next week.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:It's not a good idea to be over-confident about the Dogs. They played a very good game last night.
correct.
meher baba wrote:Like Rasputin, they are almost impossible to kill. But, of course, we are certainly good enough.
:D That's a good line and more so for being true. Wouldn't surprise me if the winner of our prelim plays Collingwood in the GF, though. They've improved and will take some beating.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:It's not a good idea to be over-confident about the Dogs. They played a very good game last night. The Swans got a lot of lucky breaks (including from umpire bloody Ryan) that kept them in game far longer than they should have been IMO.
I actually thought for the most part the Bulldogs were extremely poor against a physically exhausted opponent.

Their attack was entirely predictable, their disposal was sub-par, and their ability to work under pressure was really lacking.

Sydney, for all their triers in the middle, had no one but Goodes and Bradshaw who looked legitimately dangerous. And eben then it was sporadic.

All in all, for a semi final, I thought the standard of the game was well below average.

I'm not entirely sure what game you were watching MB.

If we turn up to play on prelim night and they cough up what they did last night, I'd be rapt.

That's not to say I'm taking the result for granted. Prelim's are extremely tough. WB's may find a spark for the win last night. Funny things happen etc.. But all things being equal, last night should not concern anyone at Moorabbin. What I hope they are concerned about is bring their A game when it counts. The rest looks after itself.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

1. the dogs finished well, from 5 goals down.
2. they believe they were robbed last year and hate is powerful
3. they have a fast game which we cant counter we can only hope they are stupid and try and play possession footy to counter US as they did the H&A and then they lose.

if they kick it long over our zone to hall one on one with zac, with gia and the sheepdog, it could be dangerous for us.

IMO i'm not counting this one till the siren blows and we are in front.

remember the pies, blues, essendung, port, etc etc, take nothing for granted.

essendon in 99 were preparing for the grand final.

and that is all.

our best > their best, esp with cooney out and a few carrying injuries for them.

but their best > our average, and we have to remember that.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Trojan
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:our best > their best, esp with cooney out and a few carrying injuries for them.

A perfect summary. It really doesn't get any simpler than that.

Hopefully Ross can ensure we're 100% switched on.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:1. the dogs finished well, from 5 goals down.
3. they have a fast game which we cant counter we can only hope they are stupid and try and play possession footy to counter US as they did the H&A and then they lose.

if they kick it long over our zone to hall one on one with zac, with gia and the sheepdog, it could be dangerous for us.

and that is all.

our best > their best, esp with cooney out and a few carrying injuries for them.

We have every right to be confident that if we bring our A grade game that we will do well.

I would think that our intensisty will be much higher than the Swans and that this will put a lot of pressure on the bulldogs ball carriers.

Swans could have won last night if Bradshaw kicked straight. Dogs were lucky.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Just like in 2005? We had the week off and Swans JUST pipped the Cats in the last ten seconds of a wet semi. Didn't we all think that the Saints fresher legs would walk all over the 'exhausted' Swans?

Bad management is bad management
spert
Saintsational Legend

Clubs that can't put their best team, or close to their best on the field rarely get far in finals. The Dogs did well against the Swans but are well below their best. While we cant take them lightly, they will struggle to hold our attack. EDIT: I should add that we need to start getting arrogant, as we have everything going for us..seems to work for Geelong.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bulldogs, stuffed!

This is what we are up against.....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Next Saturday night is a new game..

We could go in cocky, not apply the pressure and give them a sniff and all of sudden their confidence lifts.

While we beat the cats in our last game we have also turned in some insipid efforts this year..twice against the Dons and once against the Blues.

We should win....but it has to be earnt.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
eppo67
Club Player

I thought last nights final was one of the worst I have seen in a long time. It was like a Home & Away game with nothing riding on it. A real B standard game. Fair Dinkim if we dont win against the Dogs easily the club should be very disappointed.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Bulldogs, stuffed!

SaintPav wrote:This is what we are up against.....

I know Adam personally. He is a top bloke, good natured, and very witty.

Don't be deceived by personal appearances. :wink:

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote: Just like in 2005? We had the week off and Swans JUST pipped the Cats in the last ten seconds of a wet semi. Didn't we all think that the Saints fresher legs would walk all over the 'exhausted' Swans?
Enlarged for truth.

Take some note of it, you lot. We had injuries in 2005 - bad ones - but the message is still the same. If you think the Bulldogs will lie down and let us through, you're kidding.

The way this forum carries on is unreal. Be excited but wary of the job ahead.

One flag since 1873.

Take nothing for granted. The job is not done.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

and that is all.

This is a very good assesment of the prelim. Our best wins the game, but anything less, including assuming we have won before the game is played, we will be in trouble.

I love this club
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

and that is all.

We were robbed in a GF. Don't think that burns?

No Cooney = a significantly shittier Dogs.

Our A game ruins them. Look at the match ups. They are too short up back, they don't have the numbers in the middle,we ruin their ruck and they simply don't have a forward line anymore (they just have a forward).

That's the reality.

Bring the A game and we will win. Simple.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'