Taylor's 'great record on Riewoldt'.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Taylor's 'great record on Riewoldt'.

Shiits me.

This 'great record' that I keep hearing about.

In the final 2 years ago when Geelong flogged us, in the pouring rain, Taylor beat Riewoldt.

In the 'game of the century' last season, Roo mauled Taylor in dry conditions.

In the GF last year, with Roo injured and again in the pouring rain, Taylor beat Roo.

Last week in the good conditions, Roo spanked Taylor's lilly white arse.

I think sooner or later, the footy public and media may realise that there's some fine print in the 'great record' that Taylor has on Riewoldt.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

It's a bit like every team had a CHB who beat Baldock :roll:

Let Geelong keep believing the hype about how good Taylor is against Roo.
Maybe they'll continue to play that matchup?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: Taylor's 'great record on Riewoldt'.

rodgerfox wrote:Shiits me.

This 'great record' that I keep hearing about.

In the final 2 years ago when Geelong flogged us, in the pouring rain, Taylor beat Riewoldt.

In the 'game of the century' last season, Roo mauled Taylor in dry conditions.

In the GF last year, with Roo injured and again in the pouring rain, Taylor beat Roo.

Last week in the good conditions, Roo spanked Taylor's lilly white arse.

I think sooner or later, the footy public and media may realise that there's some fine print in the 'great record' that Taylor has on Riewoldt.
Hey Rodge.

Thought you'd given up on St K.

What gives?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Grrrrr
Club Player

Let them think that. Blowing air up Taylor's arse only puts more pressure on him to perform...

:)

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

He has beaten him twice. That's a good record against Roo in my book, don't think any other defender can say the same. :wink:

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
saintnick12
Club Player

Has anyone heard him being interviewed before and they confirmed with him that he does have a dossier on players....little book where he writes strengths and weaknesses of opponents, what worked, what didn't etc. He then goes back to it next time. He said earlier in the year that there's not alot on the weaknesses side for Roo which is what makes him such a difficult opponent.
I wonder what he added to the Riewoldt page after Friday night :wink:

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:Has anyone heard him being interviewed before and they confirmed with him that he does have a dossier on players....little book where he writes strengths and weaknesses of opponents, what worked, what didn't etc. He then goes back to it next time. He said earlier in the year that there's not alot on the weaknesses side for Roo which is what makes him such a difficult opponent.
HELP! :lol:

saintnick12
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:Has anyone heard him being interviewed before and they confirmed with him that he does have a dossier on players....little book where he writes strengths and weaknesses of opponents, what worked, what didn't etc. He then goes back to it next time. He said earlier in the year that there's not alot on the weaknesses side for Roo which is what makes him such a difficult opponent.
:lol: :lol: That's what I was thinking. Don't think Taylor will be feeling quite so confident if we end up playing them again in the big one.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Muttered repeatedly whilst in the foetal position with thumb firmly lodged in gob...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Beej
Saintsational Legend

He brought the dossier with him on One Week (or Before the Game) earlier this year. Looked like one of those thick, messy scrap books mothers keep of their children. Wouldn't surprise me if his mum actually helped him with it TBH.

He was asked to read what he wrote about Riewoldt and he had some mundane claptrap like "strong, good overhead, great engine".

I was thinking, "wow, good onya Harry, you've nailed him, bro. Strong analysis."

Got boring pretty quickly so the presenters moved on to giving Harry a quiz about the war. He's a massive war buff you see.

10 minutes of my life I will never get back.
Last edited by Beej on Thu 09 Sep 2010 3:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:
He brought the dossier with him on One Week (or Before the Game) earlier this year. Looked like one of those scrap books mothers keep of their children. Wouldn't surprise me if his mum actually helped him with it TBH.

He was asked to read what he wrote about Riewoldt and he had some mundane claptrap like "strong, good overhead, great engine".

I was thinking, "wow, good onya Harry, you've nailed him, bro. Strong analysis."

Got boring pretty quickly so the presenters moved on to giving Harry a quiz about the war. He's a massive war buff you see.

He came across as a pretty smart person to me but hey he plays for the Cats so why give him any credit.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:It's a bit like every team had a CHB who beat Baldock :roll:

Let Geelong keep believing the hype about how good Taylor is against Roo.
Maybe they'll continue to play that matchup?

only ever saw one player have any sort of a good game on the doc.....potter i think his name was from the filth......and just who won the 1966 grannie again.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:
He brought the dossier with him on One Week (or Before the Game) earlier this year. Looked like one of those scrap books mothers keep of their children. Wouldn't surprise me if his mum actually helped him with it TBH.

Yeah you're right, that's a pretty deep analysis of the champ.

So much so that I'm surprised he was prepared to publicly share that with the 14 other opposition coaches & their players.

And clearly Ross saw that segment and has worked tirelessly with Nick since then to ensure he's not simply strong, good overhead with great engine.

Yes thanks to Harry (and his mum :D ) we now have an even better weapon!

Beej
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Beej wrote:

He came across as a pretty smart person to me but hey he plays for the Cats so why give him any credit.
He reminds me of one of those slow, southern hicks that you see in the septic movies. "Howdy, my name's Billy-Ray and I'm from Alabayyyma..."

saintnick12
Club Player

Beej wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Beej wrote:

He reminds me of one of those slow, southern hicks that you see in the septic movies. "Howdy, my name's Billy-Ray and I'm from Alabayyyma..."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

To me he comes across as smart, but boring.
As my dad would say "He has the personality of a concrete step"

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote: To me he comes across as smart, but boring.
As my dad would say "He has the personality of a concrete step"
Handy, but boring as all f....

They walk amongst us...

saintsareprettygoodhey
Club Player

From memory, he said on before the game that Rooey's weakness was kryptonite :lol:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I heard that interview, he said Buddy was the toughest opponent, Roo may of been watching to :)

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:He has beaten him twice.
No..he and several mates have.

In the GF that ganging up on Roo should have cost them dearly as it meant our smalls had many shots on goal...unfortunately Milne, Schneids and Mini mucked up those easy opportunities.

I can guarantee that if our smalls had been nailing them that Harley and Co would have had to have been re-oriented to stopping them more.

Not denying though that Taylor did not play well...but it is a myth that he by himself beat Roo.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Just read another excerpt from Taylor's dossier. This is time on Pavlich:

[quote="Harry "the Analyser" Taylor"]
Player: Matthew Pavlich
Club: Fremantle

right-footer
possibly also right-handed (not yet confirmed)
strong leader
likes to kick goals
wears number 29 (sleeveless)
don't give him space[/quote]

saintnick12
Club Player

Beej wrote:Just read another excerpt from Taylor's dossier. This is time on Pavlich:

[quote="Harry "the Analyser" Taylor"]
Player: Matthew Pavlich
Club: Fremantle

right-footer
possibly also right-handed (not yet confirmed)
strong leader
likes to kick goals
wears number 29 (sleeveless)
don't give him space
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:wears number 29 (sleeveless)
Good to see he knows the number, he'll be spending plenty of time behind him chasing!

They walk amongst us...