Ross on 3AW

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

Ross on 3AW

Absolutely brilliant! When asked about the free kick said he didn't want to even discuss it as the media has played it up already. Took a thinly disguised swipe at Thompson, by saying he didn't say a word after the grand final about the ball hitting the post. When Mike Sheahan askd if he was having a go at Bomber, he said "in no way" he was talking about the media. He mentioned the head high tackles a couple of times without sounding like he was complaining. He said a lot without saying anything. Worth a listen when a link is posted.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I think that's the difference b/w Ross and Bomber though isn't it. Sometimes when you get too used to winning you forget how to lose.

What's that saying about how you never really find out about a person until they are in adversity? Their true colours come out.

Have to admit, I always respected Neil Craig for this reason. Never hear him whine, always acknowledges the opposition. He was in the same boat last year with a similar type free kick (which in my opinion was definitely there, but could be debated about paying it under the circumstances) In many ways it was worse for him as it was a cut throat final. The cats would want to be very careful I reckon, as much of the good faith they have won from the public in the past 4 years about not only how many games they have won, but also their supposedly aesthetically pleasing style of game, may well be erased if they keep carrying on. NO-ONE respects or likes a sore loser.

Fidelis
Club Player

Faithful Even Unto Death
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:I think that's the difference b/w Ross and Bomber though isn't it. Sometimes when you get too used to winning you forget how to lose.
Wise words Moods

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Ross Lyon is a brilliant communicator in the football sense. Little emotion, no blaming but carefully planted points that do not draw attention to himself or the club but are very important when discussing moments of conjecture.

So calm when he spoke to Richo at half time. How can it be done? The pressure is so high, I can barely string a sentence together during a game. Usually a few crass words in the direction of an opposition player or to praise Sir Lenny.

A great professional and coach of this great team.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:Ross Lyon is a brilliant communicator in the football sense. Little emotion, no blaming but carefully planted points that do not draw attention to himself or the club but are very important when discussing moments of conjecture.

So calm when he spoke to Richo at half time. How can it be done? The pressure is so high, I can barely string a sentence together during a game. Usually a few crass words in the direction of an opposition player or to praise Sir Lenny.

A great professional and coach of this great team.
The test of a man's real character is when he loses. Bomber failed on this count. Rossy Lyon has demonstrated in the past what a class act he is.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

direct link to Ross Interview
http://www.3aw.com.au/displayPopUpPlaye ... 3AW/AUDIO/ 040910_Ross_Lyon.mp3

interesting to how they title it
AUDIO: Lyon on 3AW the day after - great interview

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Solar
Saintsational Legend

interesting what he said about baker. Was very touch and go. Was not 100% so err on the side of caution. Must be a chance for the prelim depending on match-ups by my reading. The players who did not play last night had a high intensity hit out today which is good to hear.

Classy as usual. At the end of the day there were half a dozen decisions that could have gone either way. I would be embaressed if I was a cats supporter.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith