Mini

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Finna
Club Player

Mini

Has been f****** Awesome. Standing up in a big game.

That's why he's in the team - great pressure player and has been an important link across half forward.

Great Work Mini - keep it up!

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
CORDZ
Club Player

YES - Very good. Did all the things he was doing last year. Was Rossy keeping all this up his sleeve?

"That's ahh...quite a stutter you've got there, Ken!"
S.A Saint
Club Player

i thought id drop in and say that i wanted him out the side for this game and much of this year due to being well below par..

tonight he showed his 09 form and played a wonderful game so hats off to him for that..needs to back up those efforts now

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
saintkid
Club Player

S.A Saint wrote:i thought id drop in and say that i wanted him out the side for this game and much of this year due to being well below par..

tonight he showed his 09 form and played a wonderful game so hats off to him for that..needs to back up those efforts now
Yep, I thought the same and was hoping he proved me wrong tonight and he did! Well done Mini, you were no passenger tonight. :)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

As I said when he was named, his best game this year was against Geelong in Rd 13, horses for courses...go with the proven player everytime.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Great to see him make his mark in a final. great game...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
saintkid
Club Player

SainterK wrote:As I said when he was named, his best game this year was against Geelong in Rd 13, horses for courses...go with the proven player everytime.
You did and good call but I reckon Jack Steven would also be a bit disappointed tonight missing out.

JohnE
Club Player

Well done Mini, you showed 'em all! Great tackle Varcoe that led to Schneider goal.

Kourkoumelis & Beveridge & Traianidis Appreciation Society
DWOODROW
Club Player

Are we talking about the same person who dropped everything he touched in the second half and was chasing everyone around. Usual crap game I thought.

Trojan
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:Are we talking about the same person who dropped everything he touched in the second half and was chasing everyone around. Usual crap game I thought.
Ok, but I think of everyone on this forum, you're a little biased towards seeing Mini dropped.

On the contrary, I thought Mini's game was excellent.

Not sure if people were actually watching the game (at the game, not on TV) but he was constantly making space on the forward line and presenting, took some excellent marks, and was a massive improvement on previous weeks.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

I agree with DWOODROW.

DWOODROW
Club Player

Trojan wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:Are we talking about the same person who dropped everything he touched in the second half and was chasing everyone around. Usual crap game I thought.
Ok, but I think of everyone on this forum, you're a little biased towards seeing Mini dropped.

On the contrary, I thought Mini's game was excellent.

Not sure if people were actually watching the game (at the game, not on TV) but he was constantly making space on the forward line and presenting, took some excellent marks, and was a massive improvement on previous weeks.
I watched it on TV and had to say did not see anything diiferent. He is a nice guy but he must be just hanging on.
regardless of whether I am biased ( Your words) I don't think I am saying anything new

noob
Club Player

had a great saving tackle on varcoe which led to schneider getting the goal

saintkid
Club Player

noob wrote:had a great saving tackle on varcoe which led to schneider getting the goal
Yes he did. Look we all ran out of patience with him up until last week and I was calling for his dropping as much as anyone else but last night he did some good things and was a little better than serviceable (which is way better that just about any other game he has played this season).

Saints43
Club Player

Beno88 wrote:I agree with DWOODROW.
Me too.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Was he playing on Milburn? If so Milburn cut us up in the second half. However despite Mini making some errors I liked the way he got involved and got near the ball much more than in recent times.

Certainly think he's our best option down there ahead of the guys who were left out.

saint-stu
Club Player

I was at the game and I thought he made some critical mistakes.

I also notice he missed some tackles that he would have made in the past.

I still hope he will regain his 2009 form.

1ac46a38
DWOODROW
Club Player

saint-stu wrote:I was at the game and I thought he made some critical mistakes.

No offence but hasn't everyone been waiting, and we have been waiting for it since the start of the year?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Mini Great Game??

No way.

Yes he did some good things.

But about 4 times he gained the ball in space and had major stuff ups under little pressure.

As a forward you have to ice these.

Luckily for him one of those in the first quarter ended up in a Gardi goal...but could have just as easily been rebounded by the cats for a goal.
soft turnovers from forwards can be costly.

So overall it was an ok game.
Defensively he was good.

Offensively he had some good moments, but equally these were matched with some real brain fades.
The 2009 Mini is still not back.

Now no player is perfect...but a few brain fades less and you would have the 2009 Mini, but let us not kid ourselves that Mini is currently playing like he was in 2009. he is not.

The 2009 Mini was a very efficient offensive player....

I also give some credence to the hypothesis that Mini is carrying a groin injury this year which is effecting his kicking.

His defensive side is keeping him in the team...but how I pine for the 2009 Offensive Mini to return. Could be the difference between winning and losing the flag.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Moods
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:

No offence but hasn't everyone been waiting, and we have been waiting for it since the start of the year?
Yeah well, no offence but your clearly biased and your only interest in this club is your brother. Considering he got dropped for this game, not sure your comments on fringe players should be taken as anything more than a grain of salt.

doggerel
Club Player

Mini kicked into the guy on the mark TWICE for unnecessary turnovers.

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
karnaby
Club Player

Moods wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:

Yeah well, no offence but your clearly biased and your only interest in this club is your brother. Considering he got dropped for this game, not sure your comments on fringe players should be taken as anything more than a grain of salt.
I think that is unfair and I don't believe it to be true.

Mini's form does warrant discussion, for a forward he has scored very few goals this year.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
Quixote
SS Life Member

Agreed. Thought he was quite ordinary. Kicking/decision making poor.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
DWOODROW
Club Player

Moods wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:

good input. Clearly your open mind is going to get you along way. In, my previous post I said I don't care who comes in as long as mini goes out or starts performing. His game last night was ordinary.
If I had little interest in this club and am clearly biased then why am I not calling for Eddie's head also. I watched the game last night with every other Saints supporter and was wanting the same outcome. I don't see how you can tell what my intersest are but for as long as David has been at Saint Kilda I have been barracking for them.
It is ok for everyone else to have an opinion and you have yours but saying I have little interest in this club is clearly ignorant.
Considering David was dropped for this game along with Baker and Geary must be something called structure. Or that's what everyone keeps telling me.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
Moods wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:

good input. Clearly your open mind is going to get you along way. In, my previous post I said I don't care who comes in as long as mini goes out or starts performing. His game last night was ordinary.
If I had little interest in this club and am clearly biased then why am I not calling for Eddie's head also. I watched the game last night with every other Saints supporter and was wanting the same outcome. I don't see how you can tell what my intersest are but for as long as David has been at Saint Kilda I have been barracking for them.
It is ok for everyone else to have an opinion and you have yours but saying I have little interest in this club is clearly ignorant.
Considering David was dropped for this game along with Baker and Geary must be something called structure. Or that's what everyone keeps telling me.
My comments are based on a post you made near the start of the season when your bro was under pressure and being critisized on here. You admitted you had little interest in the saints apart from your brother and you also admitted that you follow Nth Melbourne. You also admitted your frustrations with saints supporters and the way your brother gets treated.

The fact that Armo got dropped imo has more to do with him than structure or any other player. He simply does not work hard enough when the ball isn't in his area. When it is in his area he is fantastic. Mini made errors last night but his owrk rate was fantastic and he was comstantly involved in the play. Eddy is in the team for the pressure/workrate that he applies. He just keeps running. He may well lose his spot yet, but what won us the game last night was 22 players applying constant pressure.