This is doing my head in.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

This is doing my head in.

I don't want to say how I'm really feeling as I just can't explain it and don't want to admit some of the thoughts running through my head.

But I can say right now my confidence in us has just gone out the window.

Yeah, i know, it'll be a different gameplan and all that crap but still this just hurts. Why did we have to play THAT badly today? Now, of all times!

Lose next week and we will face either hawthorn (I dread that prospect) or Freo (even nervous abuot that) - should we win that game, our reward is a prelim with Collingwood.

We absolutely MUST win this week and put everything, EVERYTHING into it. Must throw the kitchen sink and MORE at Geelong.

Man, I am so, so , sooooo toey about this game.... perhaps even moreso after what happened today. I just want to get out there and win.

StSteven
Club Player

It's going to be a very long six days. I share your concern. I thought Roo was hesitant again. And a loss going into finals is never good. Geelong seem to have got their September mojo going again.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I can't see Geelong winning it again. That leaves Collingwood, Hawthorn or as bad as we've been this year St.Kilda

Another opportunity awaits!
boneless23
Club Player

StSteven wrote:. Geelong seem to have got their September mojo going again.
....and the evidence is being up by 4 points at half time against the bottom side at a ground they haven't lost at for three years.

We had a perfect hit out against a side that is expert at applying pressure.

Next Friday night is the time to display September mojo.

You blokes sure are worry warts!!!

StSteven
Club Player

I agree that at half time I was feeling pretty good. The worry was how they just turned it on when they needed to and ended up winning by 40+ in two quarters. Also rested Selwood and a couple of others. I don't think they have any injuries either.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i had my last $3 on a multi this week.

did all my homework on all the teams and came up with the best multi known to man:

Freo under 39.5
Hawthorn under 39.5
Adelaide under 39.5
Sydney under 39.5
Gold Coast Titans (NRL) Win Only

if that got up i would of had the money ready to go for my GF ticket, and more than enough to party with for celebrations that night.
Thanks Gold Coast, little sh1ts!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saint3d
Club Player

Re: This is doing my head in.

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:Why did we have to play THAT badly today? Now, of all times!
The pertinent question is what were they trying to do? Only once you have answered that can you assess their performance as bad or otherwise.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Well I was feeling toey before the game because I was looking forward to what should be a great game (even though i won't see any of it) but now I'm more looking forward to it because I just want to get to gameday and stop being so anxious and nervous about the season.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:i had my last $3 on a multi this week.

did all my homework on all the teams and came up with the best multi known to man:

Freo under 39.5
Hawthorn under 39.5
Adelaide under 39.5
Sydney under 39.5

if that got up i would of had the money ready to go for my GF ticket, and more than enough to party with for celebrations that night.

Hey dude, were you on a virgin flight from adelaide to melbourne tonight? I sat next to a saints supporter who had those exact multi bet options and he also had $3 on it? If it is you mate, it was a great chat on the way home after an ordinary day at the footy. Let's hope we get the job done when it matters next week! Go saints!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:I agree that at half time I was feeling pretty good. The worry was how they just turned it on when they needed to and ended up winning by 40+ in two quarters. Also rested Selwood and a couple of others. I don't think they have any injuries either.
Chapman looked proppy....

Ling a little ginger also..... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

saint3d wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:Why did we have to play THAT badly today? Now, of all times!
The pertinent question is what were they trying to do? Only once you have answered that can you assess their performance as bad or otherwise.
Actually that was a very good question....

It wasn't just that they played badly and got thumped on the scoreboard - it was more like they didn't even want to finsih clsoe to them.... but as you said the question is "Why?" What on earth was their intention?

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:

Freo under 39.5
Hawthorn under 39.5
Adelaide under 39.5
Sydney under 39.5

Hey dude, were you on a virgin flight from adelaide to melbourne tonight? I sat next to a saints supporter who had those exact multi bet options and he also had $3 on it? If it is you mate, it was a great chat on the way home after an ordinary day at the footy. Let's hope we get the job done when it matters next week! Go saints!
8.05pm Virgin Blue row 25 sead D? that was me :)

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:

Freo under 39.5
Hawthorn under 39.5
Adelaide under 39.5
Sydney under 39.5

Yeh that's the one then mate, I was row 25 too. How funny, i have finally bumped into someone off here! I don't post on here often but i read most of the posts. We both have the Robert Harvey theme going with our signatures. I heard today Goodwin and Harvey will be saints assistant coaches next year. That's great news i reckon. I also don't think Fisher will be the 3 or 4 weeks like we thought either, which is great news aswell. I will be nervous as hell at work friday waiting for friday night! Can't wait...

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

saint3d wrote:
I was at the match, I am not sure what it looked like on tv, but we didn't want to get any injuries and stuff. We will be fine, I am confident of that. They know what they are doing. Remember last year in round 22, we had 40 tackles or something against Melbourne and then the next week in the final we had 80 plus and then a record 118 on grand final day. We will be fine, it will be a different team next week...mark my words! Have faith!

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

My only concern was no injuries..when will it be understood that there was absolutely nothing to gain by busting a pooper valve and going hard at it..subconsciously players are also in protective mode..chill guys..next week the gloves are off and the real stuff will see the real state of affairs..Go you mighty sainters...revenge is nigh :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:

Freo under 39.5
Hawthorn under 39.5
Adelaide under 39.5
Sydney under 39.5

Yeh that's the one then mate, I was row 25 too. How funny, i have finally bumped into someone off here! I don't post on here often but i read most of the posts. We both have the Robert Harvey theme going with our signatures. I heard today Goodwin and Harvey will be saints assistant coaches next year. That's great news i reckon. I also don't think Fisher will be the 3 or 4 weeks like we thought either, which is great news aswell. I will be nervous as hell at work friday waiting for friday night! Can't wait...
i have a good feeling about fisher now also, hopefully he was just corked in the hammy and not actually pulled it.
we will win next weekend, i have a good feeling about this one! saints by 2 goals i reckon!

and yeah, haha both R.Harvey. i put that as mine soon after he played his 350th, so about 3 years now :)
GO SAINTS

saint3d
Club Player

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
saint3d wrote:
Actually that was a very good question....

It wasn't just that they played badly and got thumped on the scoreboard - it was more like they didn't even want to finsih clsoe to them.... but as you said the question is "Why?" What on earth was their intention?
Don't take my word for it. Go to Bigpond Video and watch the post match press conference and Ross Lyon will tell you their intention was, in the last quarter, to not get injured.

Watch the whole video, and make sure it's the video so you can see Lyon's body language. Afterwards if you're still worried about having lost to Adelaide, you probably weren't paying attention.