September Saint offer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

September Saint offer

Can anyone advise if a similar offer existed last year, and if so, was it worthwhile?? (as in, did it actually get people a GF ticket??).

I'm trying to justify if its worth forking out the $$$ - i would be looking for a resonably high level of confidence that it will result in access to a GF ticket.

My gut feel is that if Collingwood make the GF with us, then the chances are greatly diminished.

Comments???

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

What is it?

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Re: September Saint offer

Seaford_Saint wrote:Can anyone advise if a similar offer existed last year, and if so, was it worthwhile?? (as in, did it actually get people a GF ticket??).

I'm trying to justify if its worth forking out the $$$ - i would be looking for a resonably high level of confidence that it will result in access to a GF ticket.

My gut feel is that if Collingwood make the GF with us, then the chances are greatly diminished.

Comments???
What is the offer that you're talking about?

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Burnt a lot of people last year didnt it?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

It came to me in an email from the Saints today. (I'm not a Social Club member, so if you are, perhaps that's why you didn't get the email).

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Seaford_Saint wrote:It came to me in an email from the Saints today. (I'm not a Social Club member, so if you are, perhaps that's why you didn't get the email).
I would still like to know what the actual offer is. Is it reasonable?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The St Kilda Football Club would like to offer you the opportunity to become a September Saint and join in the excitement of the 2010 Toyota AFL Grand Final, should we compete.
By becoming a September Saint you will be entitled to register in Priority Group 2 for the Grand Final ticket ballot. Upon purchasing this package you will be sent a letter which details the registration process.
Please note:

• To qualify as a September Saint you must be an 11 or 16 game St Kilda member who purchased a membership before 30th June 2010.
• Applications will be accepted via mail and online with the total fee to be paid by credit card only. Phone applications will not be accepted. An email address and mobile phone number must be supplied in order for your application to be successful.
• September Saint membership is only valid for the year of purchase and does not give you priority to upgrade to any other membership package.
The cost* of the September Saint membership is:
• $130 Adult or Concession
• $60 Junior

*Should the Saints not qualify for the 2010 Toyota AFL Grand Final or should you be unsuccessful in obtaining a ticket in the ballot, your September Saint membership fee will be refunded, with $20.00 per member being retained to cover administration costs.

older saint
SS Life Member

If i read the offer correctly you pay $130 for the right to go in the Ballot 2 for Grand final tickets. If unsuccessful the club refunds you $110.

I then think it means if successful via this it will cost you $130 plus the ticket price of $161.00 for the atcual ticket, therefore $291 for the ticket.

Please let me now if i have misread this anyone?

PLUGGER14
Club Player

older saint wrote:If i read the offer correctly you pay $130 for the right to go in the Ballot 2 for Grand final tickets. If unsuccessful the club refunds you $110.

I then think it means if successful via this it will cost you $130 plus the ticket price of $161.00 for the atcual ticket, therefore $291 for the ticket.

Correct! Great offer by the club considering us SC members pay an additional $130.00 on our memberships every year for the right to access a GF ticket.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: September Saint offer

Seaford_Saint wrote:

Comments???

Who we play will not affects things in any way as the AFL changed some years ago how tickets are allocated to the two competing clubs.

It is now equal to each club and is no longer based proportianally on the memberships of the two competing clubs.

However if Pies make it it will make it a lot harder to get GF tickets by any other means.
If Pies don't make it you might find a few of the packages that the Pies will have bought up might be resold.......

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

May be worth noting that these tickets are most likely to be standing room.

I am guessing this as some SC Members last year got Standing Room and so I am guessing that 100% of Sept Saints tickets would have been standing room or restricted view.

Perhaps some 2009 Sept Saints can comment?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

older saint wrote:If i read the offer correctly you pay $130 for the right to go in the Ballot 2 for Grand final tickets. If unsuccessful the club refunds you $110.

Which is how much my Social Club membership costs. It seems that the club has deliberately come up with this figure for this reason. Still it is a big gamble. If I wasn't a social club member I would be doing it though but I can understand why people are a bit put out.

PLUGGER14
Club Player

IluvHarvey wrote:

Which is how much my Social Club membership costs. It seems that the club has deliberately come up with this figure for this reason. Still it is a big gamble. If I wasn't a social club member I would be doing it though but I can understand why people are a bit put out.
If anyone should feel a bit put out it should be the SC members who ante up pre Christmas each year! To be able to "jump on the bandwagon" for a possible chance to purchase a ticket (for the risk of only $20 if you miss out) is very generous by the club methinks! They could have turned it into a cash grab but they haven't!

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I was September saint last year, luckily i have Cheer Squad tickets tjis year for finals inc Grand Final. I got Standing room ticket last year and it is better then i thought, in saying that im young so it didnt bother me. I think it is worth it. Great experience and i was lucky. If you dont mind paying and you dont mind standing i would go for it.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

PLUGGER14 wrote:
If anyone should feel a bit put out it should be the SC members who ante up pre Christmas each year! To be able to "jump on the bandwagon" for a possible chance to purchase a ticket (for the risk of only $20 if you miss out) is very generous by the club methinks! They could have turned it into a cash grab but they haven't!
Sorry Plugger I meant put out financially it is another expense for this time of year on top of the posibility of 3 or 4 finals tickets as well. I would rather pay it in December and know I will get a ticket if we make it.

PLUGGER14
Club Player

[quote="IluvHarvey"]

Sorry Plugger I meant put out financially it is another expense for this time of year on top of the posibility of 3 or 4 finals tickets as well. I would rather pay it in December and know I will get a ticket if we make it.[/quote]

My feelings exactly ILH :)

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:Which is how much my Social Club membership costs. It seems that the club has deliberately come up with this figure for this reason. Still it is a big gamble. If I wasn't a social club member I would be doing it though but I can understand why people are a bit put out.
Not really a gamble if we don't make it, or you don't get a ticket you get the money back minus $5 admin or something. It's fair imo, social club pay the same amount yes but they get priority 1 not 2 and the benefits through out the year.
Last edited by ausfatcat on Mon 23 Aug 2010 5:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:May be worth noting that these tickets are most likely to be standing room.

I am guessing this as some SC Members last year got Standing Room and so I am guessing that 100% of Sept Saints tickets would have been standing room or restricted view.

Perhaps some 2009 Sept Saints can comment?

Yes most likely standing only, heard a rumor some got seats but don't actualy know of anyone who did.

To be honst I would do it over again in standing room paying $270 or something to experience a grandfinal. But I wouldn't bother this doing it this year for standing room, didn't hear anything of the crowd except for the people around me and a blocked view for 90% of the game, would have got more out of the experience from watching it in a supporters pub....

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

AFAIK the September Saints are formed to fill the gap created by the amount of SC members who dont take up the GF ticket offer

Last year St Kilda had the highest takeup of any club since GF tickets were distributed this way. Something like 93% of members (10,700 approx) applied for a ticket, but at least 1000 of that 10,700 got Standing Room tickets, so Id imagine that all September Saints tickets (around the 800 mark last year you'd think) would be in that category.

Wouldnt do any harm to tell people that from the get-go. I noticed that after athe dramas of last year, the membeship brochure now states that the ticket you are entitled to as a SC member may be Standing Room or Restricted View

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

is the september saints offer available to interstate members?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah they had it last year

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

without knowing anyone who was a part of September saints last year I would be of the theory that they go into the same pot as all other social club members who ask to be allocated a ticket

the " luck" pot- it's what ever number comes out of the machine enxt against your membership number-
- as Social club members we need to pay the - yes I want to be included in Grandfinal tickets- about $5 admin fee that comes out a fortnight before the grand final

as already stated above this is basicly a late social club fee to cover those now no longer able to attend the Grand final.. or who wish not to.

=getting on the september saints list has been benficial to some who were this year offered social clubs that became available..

Reminder that the club and the afl do state- it is a TICKET to the grandfinal- not a SEAT
you can choose NOT to be offerede standing- BUT you may miss out alltogether

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

As for doing Standing Room on GF day...if you can handle the standing and you can start early, its totally fine.

We got there about 15-20 mins before the gates opened at 9am last year and scored spots right on the fence. Our allocated area was right on the wing (actually in the AFL Members, as they dont use their standing room area for the GF) so we had probably a better view of the ground than some seats. That wouldnt apply though if you left your arrival too late, as many areas arent terraced and are just flat concourse.

Wasnt at all blokey or boozy, great mix of Saints SC members. Nothing like standing room at a H & A game.

Better to go as a group, as then you can take it turns to go for a wander and have your friends/family save your spot.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
matrix
Saintsational Legend

im pretty sure the sept saint thingy is the left over tickets from SC members that dont take up the offer they get given and then the names of the sept sainters get chucked in a hat and pulled out and the remaining tickets go to them
???

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I know people who became Sept Saints last year and got GF tickets (seats). Definately worth it. I get the feeling less Sainters would go this year from the feed back I am getting. It costs alot for Interstaters and not everyone can do it every year.

Qld Saints Supporter Group