Don't be surprised if

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Don't be surprised if

1. We rest a couple of guys next week.
2. Our tackling pressure drops off and we get close to a repeat of our 42 v Melbourne in r22 last year.

Now that top 4 is assured

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Dal looks knackered or to be carrying something,has so for a few weeks. I expect too see him have a rest

Bring back the Lockett era
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Dal looks knackered or to be carrying something,has so for a few weeks. I expect too see him have a rest
Joey could be another one.

Hate that we have to fly in R22 though, at least it's only Adelaide.

They really should put the Showdown and Derby in the last round, and one GWS and GC come in they can make it that no one has to fly.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
wasaintsfan
Club Player

i feel we may play this game out and take next week "off" 3rd spot is all but secured with the slightest possibility of 2nd... unlikely though

but then again geelong vs carlton... carlton seem to be their bogey team

like essendon seem to be to us atm

saints vs geelong at mcg is 95% likely either way :P as i cant see us dropping 2 or the magpies dropping 2

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Don't be surprised if

i hope we don't try to be too clever. we rested a few up last season and you could argue that it disrupted our momentum.

we should play our best fit team because we need to take winning form into september.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

dont think we will rest anyone ... unless they are legit injured we are currently building momentum to hit the finals a full steam ....
having said that the diff between 2nd and 3rd is nothing as the game will be played at the MCG regardless

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:dont think we will rest anyone ... unless they are legit injured we are currently building momentum to hit the finals a full steam ....
having said that the diff between 2nd and 3rd is nothing as the game will be played at the MCG regardless
The way we're going the league will play the game in Geelong!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

not likely ... the game will attract a lot of attention as the media will build it up as the winner meets collingwood in the g/f

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

If they want a weeks rest, just win the Qualifying final and you get it.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:If they want a weeks rest, just win the Qualifying final and you get it.
Yep. Dont think they will fall the same mistake as last year. If injured they miss and if not they play.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Milney needs a rest.

Can't believe how poor he has been the last few weeks, given soft opposition and at home at Jihad.

He needs to find some big time form in September.

Lucky for him our lack of depth means he is an automatic inclusion in our finals side.

BUT it's time he extracts the digit and doesn't leave it to Schneiderman to be our sole small effective forward in the real games coming up.

EXTRACT THE DIGIT MILNEY FFS!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Milney needs a rest.

Can't believe how poor he has been the last few weeks, given soft opposition and at home at Jihad.

Lucky for him our lack of depth means he is an automatic inclusion in our finals side.

BUT it's time he extracts the digit and doesn't leave it to Schneiderman to be our sole small effective forward in the real games coming up.

Milney was one of our best yesterday - 24 disposals, was in it deep all day. FFS he doesn't have to kick a bag every week. Do you actually go to the football?

Look again it's the Flash!!
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:If they want a weeks rest, just win the Qualifying final and you get it.
Yep. Dont think they will fall the same mistake as last year. If injured they miss and if not they play.
This.

I am sick to death of the whole "resting players" thing. it smacks of arrogance in my opinion and like many have said, if we want a rest, win our next three games and we GET a rest for the ENTIRE team....

St Loxton
Club Player

Shouldnt matter what team lines up for the next two weeks we shouldnt be dropping of any sort of tackling pressure for any game. Must keep the intensity going no matter who is playing for us, isnt this our mantra "saints footy".

Hunter Clark 2024 StKilda Saints Premiership captain.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote:

Milney was one of our best yesterday - 24 disposals, was in it deep all day. FFS he doesn't have to kick a bag every week. Do you actually go to the football?
True, I did go, just didn't notice him much.....he seemed to be a bit cocky and can play better - score more as well - against crap sides.

Anyway, fact remains - he is crap come finals, and deserves to pasted on this point until he delivers.

Would effectively add another forward line player if he decides to perform under the pressure of September, and could be the missing ingredient.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Agree totally - MIlney is playing smarter football leads up and dishes off and spots up players in better positions

Obviously 'saintspremiers' was not at the game as I was. Milney does plenty!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:

Agree totally - MIlney is playing smarter football leads up and dishes off and spots up players in better positions

Obviously 'saintspremiers' was not at the game as I was. Milney does plenty!
+1

Moods
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

True, I did go, just didn't notice him much.....he seemed to be a bit cocky and can play better - score more as well - against crap sides.

Anyway, fact remains - he is crap come finals, and deserves to pasted on this point until he delivers.

Would effectively add another forward line player if he decides to perform under the pressure of September, and could be the missing ingredient.
So we'll paste him even when we're not playing finals yet? How about we wait and see how he goes in September before laying the boots in? And while we're at it, regardless of how he goes in September, he is the MAIN reason we are even playing footy in September this year. I reckon we should acknowledge that fact before we lay the boots in also.

mohannair
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:
jonesy wrote:Dal looks knackered or to be carrying something,has so for a few weeks. I expect too see him have a rest

They really should put the Showdown and Derby in the last round, and one GWS and GC come in they can make it that no one has to fly.
This was discussed by AFL & the teams from W.A & S.A were not happy as it drains them out during their Derby/Showdown & then it impacts their next weeks finals game. So I do not think that will change.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I do think Hayes could do with a rest. He's our ignition in the middle and has had an awful lot on his plate with Ball gone and Armo's injury.

Bad management is bad management
bozza1980
Club Player

mohannair wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:

This was discussed by AFL & the teams from W.A & S.A were not happy as it drains them out during their Derby/Showdown & then it impacts their next weeks finals game. So I do not think that will change.
True, the WA and SA sides have banded together and demanded that Derbys/Showdowns not be played in Rd 22.

That said, they don't want to play interstate either. :roll:

Maybe, to minimise travel, one WA team hosts an SA team, whilst an SA team hosts a WA team, and in two seasons a QLD team hosts a NSW team while the other is hosted by a NSW team.

At the end of the day, having the derbys is the best solution for everybody, it means nobody travels.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

dal and joey mos def

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Rest them all. Nothing to be gained from playing top players against nothing teams in pointless games. If one of our guns gets hurt in a pointless game, I'll be annoyed.

Funny how people think the bye is good but resting players is bad.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:Rest them all. Nothing to be gained from playing top players against nothing teams in pointless games. If one of our guns gets hurt in a pointless game, I'll be annoyed.
We've only just found our best form in the past two weeks. We need to build on this momentum, not disrupt it.

If they're fit, they play. If someone gets hurt, that's football

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

bigcarl wrote: We've only just found our best form in the past two weeks. We need to build on this momentum, not disrupt it.

If they're fit, they play. If someone gets hurt, that's football
disagree. nothing to be gained by risking your best against a sloppy richmond.