Any concerns????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Any concerns????

I was just curious as to all and sundries thoughts as to your build up to the finals being four weeks out with 3 games at Etihad and a final game at AAMI?

The point was raised over at one of the Pies forums' and thought it warranted a good argument.

Given the Etihad surface is far from satisfactory I would be certainly taking it up with the AFLPA.

As the finals are played at the G it certainly warrants to me an uneven playing field but thats just my opinion.

Thoughts????

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

I think there are concerns, but there are more concerns about the way we are playing than the ground we are playing on.

However, if we smash PA, the sun will rise on the forum once again.

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Milan Faletic wrote:I think there are concerns, but there are more concerns about the way we are playing than the ground we are playing on.

True. I dont think your form is over the top bad. The nucleus of your side is still intact and whilst that remains u will always be a show.

Once the intensity and fierceness at the contest returns things quickly turn around.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:I think there are concerns, but there are more concerns about the way we are playing than the ground we are playing on.

True. I dont think your form is over the top bad. The nucleus of your side is still intact and whilst that remains u will always be a show.

Once the intensity and fierceness at the contest returns things quickly turn around.
Good point JPB.

For the record my hope is still Collingwood Final 1.

“Yeah….nah””
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I think the ongoing appearance of a Magpie bloke lurking around here is especially weird. That's what I reckon.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Finna
Club Player

Thinline wrote:I think the ongoing appearance of a Magpie bloke lurking around here is especially weird. That's what I reckon.
Agree and even more prevalent when they are winning.

I especially like the way he tries not to give us s*** and always keeps the conversation neutral and even tries not to talk about 'us' specifically but s*** like the etihad stadium surface.

When we're up and about he even kinda pumps us up but tries to remain dimplomatically collingwood still.

Your right Thinline - this is weird s***. He has more posts than many Saints on here.

Seriously, can you imagine hanging out in a Pies forum the way this dude trots around here.....

Very bizarre, me thinks. :roll:

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Unless we get a major injury due to the substandard surface, im sure if we were winning this would be the main point of conversation here

Before Im 85
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I will take any win at the moment!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

thought?

piss off back to nicks wanky land

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I think the ongoing appearance of a Magpie bloke lurking around here is especially weird. That's what I reckon.
Mick's looking for an angle.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

If Dane Swan had any sense of humour, he'd just randomly clutch at his hamstring on Saturday night

Cardiac wards would be soooooo unable to cope with the rush 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

matrix wrote:thought?

Sorry to disappoint Matrix but don't post there. Have two "other' Collingwood boards I post on.

Do u know them?

Surely u dont think Nick's is the medium for all things Collingwood?

Crikeys. Keep googling.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Retire too early, mate?

I can think of no other reason for why you'd bother expending the energy...

Real odd.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
matrix
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
matrix wrote:thought?

Sorry to disappoint Matrix but don't post there. Have two "other' Collingwood boards I post on.

Do u know them?

Surely u dont think Nick's is the medium for all things Collingwood?

Crikeys. Keep googling.
so theres 3 to choose from
and you come here???

p.i.s.s. off
:D

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Back to the topic, we have a love hate relationship with Etihad. We play our best footy there but it is the source of most of our niggles.

I think when two teams play there we back our selves to win. A bit more iffy on the G.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

the last team to beat geelong at the G was us and that's the way it will stay until september.
the only concern we have is not with etihad but rather our lack of a small defender for the next month.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:the last team to beat geelong at the G was us and that's the way it will stay until september.
the only concern we have is not with etihad but rather our lack of a small defender for the next month.
Surely someone can play that role. Mini? Geary? Eddy? Tell them they are keeping Baker's seat warm for him.

One of the reasons i want us to make the grand final is to see Baker go out in style ... as a human wrecking ball.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:the last team to beat geelong at the G was us and that's the way it will stay until september.
Surely someone can play that role. Mini? Geary? Eddy? Tell them they are keeping Baker's seat warm for him.

One of the reasons i want us to make the grand final is to see Baker go out in style ... as a human wrecking ball.
He just signed another contract.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

He just signed another contract.
He won't be able to fulfill it after the game he plays :wink:

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

this week in particular we need someone for ebert