Still not going to burst my bubble

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Still not going to burst my bubble

:x

I will not defend that performance

I will not defend the players

However....

I WILL NOT GIVE UP ON THIS SIDE

Someone started a thread when we lost to Carlton, do you all remember, that is was all over, we were finished....then what happened?

Write off St Kilda by all means, I don't actually care that much.

However, don't expect me to forget any jumping off the bandwagon, throwing in of the towel, abandoning ship....I have a very good memory, and will enjoy reminding you when you try to get back on.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Bogey side after a hard game last week, but seriously K, that was a deplorably weak effort tonight, one of two similar efforts in three weeks.

I believe in tides turning, but I'm just not sure we have the spark within us at the moment. We look tired, frustrated and slow. Not good signs. And not easily fixable.

That said, I back RL to the hilt as the man capable of turning us around. Time for a few frank truths, Roscoe.
Last edited by Thinline on Fri 30 Jul 2010 11:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Re: Still not going to burst my bubble

SainterK wrote::x

However....

Someone started a thread when we lost to Carlton, do you all remember, that is was all over, we were finished....then what happened?

However, don't expect me to forget any jumping off the bandwagon, throwing in of the towel, abandoning ship....I have a very good memory, and will enjoy reminding you when you try to get back on.
We lost to Essendon by twelve the week after in an equally bad performance against an even worse side....

But what happened after the last time we lost to Essendon?

Seven match winning streak people, that's what.

2010 - the Cup's as good as ours...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Bogey side after a hard game last week, but seriously K, that was a deplorably weak effort tonight, one of two similar efforts in three weeks.

I believe in tides turning, but I'm just not sure we have the spark within us at the moment. We look tired, frustrated and slow. Not good signs. And not easily fixable.
Leigh Matthews said the players had hands on their heads and hips very early in the first quarter....excuse my ignorance in these matters, but when is the heavy training before finals?

maz1685
Club Player

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:

However....

We lost to Essendon by twelve the week after in an equally bad performance against an even worse side....

But what happened after the last time we lost to Essendon?

Seven match winning streak people, that's what.

2010 - the Cup's as good as ours...
Damn you!! I was just about to start a thread about that winning streak!!! :wink:

Anyway, here's hoping the middle third of 2010 repeats itself

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

insipid pathetic garbage. Sorry, 2010 is well and truly gone !!

Wont get within a bulls roar of top teams in finals.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

+1 on this thread.
The negativity on here is worse than a bunch of filthy collingwood supporters.

All that winning last year means every time we lose its the end of the world and we will never win a flag for another 20 years, better start looking at some draft picks. Its PATHETIC!!

You call yourselves supporters!! SHAME!

SAINTS 2010

Sainter for life.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Meh, I say. Not much I can do but strap in for the ride. An awful performance, but not long ago essentially the same team did a number on Geelong. This time last year we did much the same thing, Geelong didn't look to bright either...so who's to say what happens next???

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Meh, I say. Not much I can do but strap in for the ride. An awful performance, but not long ago essentially the same team did a number on Geelong. This time last year we did much the same thing, Geelong didn't look to bright either...so who's to say what happens next???
Heyne, Eddy, Smith and Lynch stand up and RIP THE COMPETITION APART! That's what. You wait.

Seriously though, Cats to 3 pts in a half a few weeks back. My memory ain't fogged over completely yet.

Getting close though.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Sorry, 2010 is well and truly gone !!
Your opinion, which you have now expressed....

saintnick12
Club Player

However....

I'm with you SainterK. I too am an eternal optimist, often accused of wearing the rose-coloured glasses. But it's hard to keep positive after such an embarrassing "un-saintsfooty-like" display. Cannot defend it. There is no defence. :cry: What makes it worse for me is I watched Essendon play against Melbourne only a few weeks ago...took my father-in-law along to that game, and Essendon were woeful that day. So hard to believe they beat us, but they smashed us - made us look like a bottom 4 team as Ross said.

But like you SainterK, I'm not jumping off any bandwagon, or throwing in any towels. We cannot accept that performance, especially twice in three weeks, but atleast against Collingwood we were playing a class team - against Essendon, unacceptable. But I trust that the players and Ross will work out what the problems are and fix them. I refuse to believe we have dropped down so much- last week contenders, this week not....a week is a long time in footy. As Ross said, as bad as it was, we have still done better than 13 other teams. We have worked hard in difficult circumstances to put ourselves in this position. The boys still have a good chance to finish top 4 and make something of this season...its up to them. All we can do is go along and support them as best we can...starting next Sunday against the Power.

I remember Geelong losing a few games, this time last year, having attitude problems, and having frank exchanges between the players of where they are at. As much as I'm disappointed...shattered in fact....I can't believe that we won't turn it around. I refuse to accept that.

I get that many have given up. But I refuse. I was at the game last night and was talking to my dad about how we just got our tax back and I planned to put some aside for finals tickets, especially the GF as my budget doesn't stretch to such expenses unless I plan for it. He told me not to bother....he doesn't even think we'll make top four. But I'm putting that money aside. I have faith. Come on Saints.....show us what you're made of.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.