Time to set a statement

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Time to set a statement

I have a good feeling we will bounce back from the past two games and not only win, but destroy the Bombers tonight.

Sure, they have matched up well against us in the last two meetings, but back then they were showing promise. Last week they basically fought for their coach's survival.

With a bit of luck RL and his assistants will have dissected the last Essendon game and done a thorough analysis on where we buggered it up.

I'm really hoping for a good first quarter. He have not performed well in first quarters for pretty much the entire season. This would set the tone nicely.

Whilst some of you may just want to settle for a win and the 4 points, I think it's about time we were to grind the mediocre team, like Essendon, into the hard Dockland turf and show the rest of the comp that we mean business.

I want our backline to really tighten up and start turning the screws.

A merciless demolition of the Bombers, please Saints :twisted:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Superboot
SS Life Member

Almost every time we are beaten it's against teams who are quick running through the middle, keep the ball in constant motion, and get to the ball first when it hits the deck.

Essendon were clearly an ordinary team last time we played them, but still outplayed us because they run in packs, back each other up, and move the ball to their forwards/ruckmen very quickly.

Against such a team, we look slow, ponderous, and lacking anticipation.

I just hope Ross and co can figure this one out because I've started to think that we stand a better chance of beating Geelong than beating Essendon.

older saint
SS Life Member

Do not turn the ball over and we will be ok. Against both Essendon and Carlton we turned the ball over by foot and hand allowing their pace to hurt us. Make it contested possession game and be clean with the ball and the saints should get a good win

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I would love to see a repeat of the EFFORT shown by the Saints last week against Rawthorn. The four premiership points would also be handy!
I dont expect the game to be anything but a tough night out against (perceived) weaker opposition (who have managed to beat us in the last two games)
A win first and foremost please! Saints!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
bozza1980
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:I would love to see a repeat of the EFFORT shown by the Saints last week against Rawthorn. The four premiership points would also be handy!
I dont expect the game to be anything but a tough night out against (perceived) weaker opposition (who have managed to beat us in the last two games)
A win first and foremost please! Saints!
I have a feeling it will be close for quite some time (2-3 goals) but if we stick at it, it will blow out late.

That said I wouldn't mind a 5 goal to nothing opening quarter that just sets the game up nicely for a 10+ win.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I want one of those explosive 50 pts to 6 type opening half hours.

Seriously, I want this game to be the end of Knights and the beginning of Essendons decade in the wilderness.

My deeps seated - and often entirely irrational - hatred of all things Bomber goes back a long way.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
deadman walking
Club Player

we sure did make a statement a very big one

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Thinline wrote:I want one of those explosive 50 pts to 6 type opening half hours.

Seriously, I want this game to be the end of Knights and the beginning of Essendons decade in the wilderness.

My deeps seated - and often entirely irrational - hatred of all things Bomber goes back a long way.
Was more like that at 1/4 time... unfortunately on the wrong side..

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

We made a statement that we aren't interested in the 2010 premiership.