Umpiring

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Umpiring

*sigh* Fair dinkum

Now we didn't play well today,and the umpires didn't cost us that match,and all the cliches that you're supposed to post to make yourself look level headed when making a complaint about umpiring.

Today,was borderline back to the Baker decision in terms of the game taking a hit for it's level playing field. I felt it embarrassed the game it was so biased...bordering on cheating. Only for my over riding anger wanting too see us overcome the human trash types and the corruption that I forced myself to stay and stand through it. Was very tempted to leave at qrt time.

The club copped it up the rear with Baker(twice)...and we will continue to cop these insipid performances by those that got beaten up for the lunch money at school.

*Week 16 AFL weekly new rule*- Stkilda are to be penalised holding the ball even if they look like getting tackled. Coupled with this,under no circumstance are they to be awarded a holding the ball decision. In addition,if they are touched in possesion with the ball inside there defensive 50,immediatly blow the whistle and penalise them.
P.S- Don't even think about paying a deliberate out of bounds decision to them,and you must allow there players to be molested in marking contests inside 50

Yours Faithfully,The AFL Commission

Bring back the Lockett era
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Hmm..it didnt cost us the game, but two decisions in particular did cost us some momentum in the 3rd quarter.

Luke Ball being run down and not penalised for holding the ball was disgraceful, especially as Lenny had been pinged with virtually no time to dispose of it minutres earlier

..but the one that had been seeing red was sam Fishers mark over Davis. Takes the mark cleanly, Davis rips the ball out of his hands, turns around and kicks a goal. Fifty metres?? No sireeeee :roll:

Having said that, we were our own worst enemy without doubt today, not the AFL lol

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Thompson4
Club Player

Can't blame umpires for that.

Andrew Thompson - The most underrated player in the AFL
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

The head high to Zac which the umpire gave against Zac for holding the ball with the explanation "I didn't see the head high" or words similar... absolute shocker

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Worst decision of the day was when Zac almost had his head pulled off and then gets pinged for holding the ball. The umpire's response when questioned was that he didn't see it. Cost us a goal, didn't cost us the game !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Sam23
SS Life Member

thought the umpires were fine/good today.

We lost by 48 points due to our skill, thats all.

Goddard.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Very poor today, we were particularly ripped with holding the balls, Zac's and Lenny's were features....

Ray had a very poor one....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:thought the umpires were fine/good today.

which game were you watching...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Sam23
SS Life Member

One with both eyes open.

Other than the Lenny HOTB non-decision - which Luke Ball might've just got a toe on it, they were fine.

Leon Davis snap on goal was instant, not fifty.

Goddard.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:One with both eyes open.

Other than the Lenny HOTB non-decision - which Luke Ball might've just got a toe on it, they were fine.

go and watch the replay...even the commentators reckon a couple of the decisions resulting in goals to the filth were red hot...the one on zac as disgraceful in fact...bordering on cheating....

Sam23
SS Life Member

Why would I want too watch a replay of today after seeing it today and hating it?

Umpires were fine today, simple as that.

Had no result on the game at all.

Goddard.
lennyeverywhere
Club Player

Re: Umpiring

jonesy wrote:*sigh* Fair dinkum

Now we didn't play well today,and the umpires didn't cost us that match,and all the cliches that you're supposed to post to make yourself look level headed when making a complaint about umpiring.

Today,was borderline back to the Baker decision in terms of the game taking a hit for it's level playing field. I felt it embarrassed the game it was so biased...bordering on cheating. Only for my over riding anger wanting too see us overcome the human trash types and the corruption that I forced myself to stay and stand through it. Was very tempted to leave at qrt time.

The club copped it up the rear with Baker(twice)...and we will continue to cop these insipid performances by those that got beaten up for the lunch money at school.

*Week 16 AFL weekly new rule*- Stkilda are to be penalised holding the ball even if they look like getting tackled. Coupled with this,under no circumstance are they to be awarded a holding the ball decision. In addition,if they are touched in possesion with the ball inside there defensive 50,immediatly blow the whistle and penalise them.
P.S- Don't even think about paying a deliberate out of bounds decision to them,and you must allow there players to be molested in marking contests inside 50

Are you saying that Luke Ball took 3-4 steps (prior opp) and then was tackled by Lenny with no free kcick was a bit rough?

That was a the 2nd most obvious decision, only beaten by the decision when Milne got tackled by Josh Huny against Geelong.

What does everyone think?

Also the baker thing, wow our defence is a disgrace. Who believes that Baker didn't know Johnson's hand was injured? really, come on.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:Why would I want too watch a replay of today after seeing it today and hating it?

didn't say they did.....

...were crap all the same...but then...so were we....

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Milney getting pinged for holding the ball when he didn't even have it lead to a Filth goal

Schneider had a shot at goal and was pushed in the back as he kicked it resulting in point yet no recall for the push

We had a few go our way - ie: Monty free and shot at goal which he missed

For some reason the umps held back on 50 metres penalties today which they normally would have paid .... backlash from the Melbourne v Essendon game last week maybe

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

lennyeverywhere wrote:

Are you saying that Luke Ball took 3-4 steps (prior opp) and then was tackled by Lenny with no free kcick was a bit rough?

That was a the 2nd most obvious decision, only beaten by the decision when Milne got tackled by Josh Huny against Geelong.

Also the baker thing, wow our defence is a disgrace. Who believes that Baker didn't know Johnson's hand was injured? really, come on.

i agree the umpires were crap,...but no excuses...so were we....

johnson obviously broke his hand hitting bakes in the head...i've seen it on video...johnson can be seen wincing after punching bakes...and shaking his hand...of course bakes knew it was injured..did he know it was broken.....no not unless he had a portable x-ray machine out n the field.....

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:One with both eyes open.

No it was as blatant a 50m I have ever seen .... any other game this year that would have been paid ..... umps have been told to back off paying them

Also the Pattison mark which resulted in Milneys snap goal also should have been 50m as Hary O kicked the ball away after the whistle blew

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Milney getting pinged for holding the ball when he didn't even have it lead to a Filth goal

Schneider had a shot at goal and was pushed in the back as he kicked it resulting in point yet no recall for the push

We had a few go our way - ie: Monty free and shot at goal which he missed

For some reason the umps held back on 50 metres penalties today which they normally would have paid .... backlash from the Melbourne v Essendon game last week maybe

still.....the replays show that monti got a shoulder hit to the head...so...justified imho....

everybody is entitled to an opinion...some think the maggots were okay...fine.....i think they were crap...bordering on cheats...
Last edited by stinger on Sat 17 Jul 2010 8:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

bozza1980
Club Player

Sam23 wrote:thought the umpires were fine/good today.

We lost the game because Collingwood were awesome, gee that hurts to say.

The umpires were not good, their decision making in relation to holding the ball was as questionable as some of our decision making which at times was woeful.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Sainterman
Club Player

Sam23 wrote:Why would I want too watch a replay of today after seeing it today and hating it?

I think you should watch it so that you can see things as they were in reality. Some of the decisions were glaringly bad today, even to the point that the commentators could do nothing else but mention it, on 3 or 4 occasions.

Now it went nowhere near costing us the match, our skills and intensity were down today, and there isn't a poster here who I have read say otherwise.

Bad decisions against us (and there were some bad ones against them to) included:

- Zac Dawson being caught obviously high then getting pinged
- Luke Ball being run down after having had plenty of time to dispose with no free kick
- No 50 after Davis took the Ball from Fishers hands and snapped away at goals
- Milne being penalised for holding the ball when he didn't even have it in the last qtr
_ Hands in the back on Riewoldt allowing his opponent the easy mark in the second qtr
- a number of in the back free kicks missed

The list goes on, all pretty clear...and there are more if you go back and take a look.

The standard is awful and something needs to be done to improve it. Between the standard of umpiring and the MRP it really has become a sad indictment on a wonderful game.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Totally agree that we were crap today and thus we lost the points. Umpiring made no difference to the result, just the scores.

But fair dinkum, the umpiring has become so incredibly inconsistent, not just within the match but across all matches on a particular week, and then over consecutive weeks, that the call to oppo supporters of "sit down and learn the rules you d**khead" has become redundant.

Because who knows how those rules will be interpreted now?

I saw at least four 50's go begging whereas two weeks ago they would all have led to goals - from memory would have been three to us, one to them.

It's the inconsistency that makes for a really frustrating spectacle.

FFS even Christian agreed the umpire was blind on that Zac head high one. The Ball run-down by Lenny I was prepared to let go until I watched it a couple of times on replay and noted where the umpire was - front and square to the tackle and in a prime position to see Ball did not dispose of it properly.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:

I think you should watch it so that you can see things as they were in reality. Some of the decisions were glaringly bad today, even to the point that the commentators could do nothing else but mention it, on 3 or 4 occasions.

Now it went nowhere near costing us the match, our skills and intensity were down today, and there isn't a poster here who I have read say otherwise.

Bad decisions against us (and there were some bad ones against them to) included:

- Zac Dawson being caught obviously high then getting pinged
- Luke Ball being run down after having had plenty of time to dispose with no free kick
- No 50 after Davis took the Ball from Fishers hands and snapped away at goals
- Milne being penalised for holding the ball when he didn't even have it in the last qtr
_ Hands in the back on Riewoldt allowing his opponent the easy mark in the second qtr
- a number of in the back free kicks missed

The list goes on, all pretty clear...and there are more if you go back and take a look.

The standard is awful and something needs to be done to improve it. Between the standard of umpiring and the MRP it really has become a sad indictment on a wonderful game.

dawes blatant push in the back to zac which also resulted in a goal......two really bad kicking in danger frees not paid against the filth......

lennyeverywhere
Club Player

stinger wrote:
lennyeverywhere wrote:

i agree the umpires were crap,...but no excuses...so were we....

johnson obviously broke his hand hitting bakes in the head...i've seen it on video...johnson can be seen wincing after punching bakes...and shaking his hand...of course bakes knew it was injured..did he know it was broken.....no not unless he had a portable x-ray machine out n the field.....
Agree I was making a point about the quality of our defence of the charge.

GoTheTorp
Club Player

Umpiring wast going to win or lose us that garbage

Sainterman
Club Player

GoTheTorp wrote:Umpiring wast going to win or lose us that garbage
Didn't anyone say it did?

Planning on making a comment on the quality of it?

GoTheTorp
Club Player

Sainterman wrote:
GoTheTorp wrote:Umpiring wast going to win or lose us that garbage
Didn't anyone say it did?

Planning on making a comment on the quality of it?
Neither heere nor there, some in the back were not paid, felt we probaby 3-1 against in decisions, no use bleating over it we were flogged by a better team